Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

LOL at Baltimore.

Flacco.. A lucky tier 2 just got paid... I'm sure that team will benefit.

6 years 120.6mil

LOL at Baltimore.

Flacco.. A lucky tier 2 just got paid... I'm sure that team will benefit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...53903384707072

You aint never lie, he just "catfished" the Ravens in pretending to be a QB in the Playoffs this year that he really isn't consistent at being..

How successful does he think he will be without Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin. Guess they think Jacoby Jones will play opposite of Smith.

Call me a hater, but that was a fluke of a Super Bowl run I have ever seen in all my years of watching football, I mean I swear all the refs were paid off in each game they played. Straight fluke Superbowl..

Figured he'd cash in but that's WAY too much.

I wonder if he'll send a piece of that to Rahim as collateral.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_23 View Post
    You aint never lie, he just "catfished" the Ravens in pretending to be a QB in the Playoffs this year that he really isn't consistent at being..

How successful does he think he will be without Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin. Guess they think Jacoby Jones will play opposite of Smith.

Call me a hater, but that was a fluke of a Super Bowl run I have ever seen in all my years of watching football, I mean I swear all the refs were paid off in each game they played. Straight fluke Superbowl..
    worse than the 2005 steelers?

and yeah, he eli'd the ravens into thinking he is an elite QB because his team won the SB. flacco played well when it mattered but can he do it consistently?

that's a hell of a lot of money for a QB like flacco but then again that is how the contacts work now with the new CBA and the rookie salary cap.

the huge money not being thrown at rookies is going to the vets.

Is Ed Reed really retiring? wow, that defense will be bad. Now they will lose a player who actually will impact that defense.

They better hope Flacco is really that good. I think he actually is a legit QB now though, unlike earlier in his career. It was very annoying how people would talk about his playoff wins. He once "won a playoff game" going 4/10 1 int vs NE..its unbelieveable to throw that little and still get picked off. Its really baffling how this whole playoff win/QB thing is so stuck in people's heads..I mean if that didn't prove a PO win doesn't legitimize a QB then what does? Its even more annoying how people just pick and choose when to make exceptions, and when not to. Big Ben performed worse in his first SB than Johnson or Dilfer did, Pit was no less of a defensive team..and yet he was considered a championship QB and they weren't

Flacco however, is beyond that now...he became a legit QB by his own play...like Eli and Brady did. Eli became a real elite QB in 2009, Brady did in 2005. Before, they just rode what their team had done..Eli 05-08 was better than Brady 01-04 though, but not elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_23 View Post

they will still be monsters at the deep ball, but is Boldin really leaving? They'd certainly miss him, he's a monster at converting for first downs.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Ravens just screwed themselves on the rest of their roster, to sign a QB who is arguably not even top ten in the NFL to the biggest contract in history. WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    worse than the 2005 steelers?

and yeah, he eli'd the ravens into thinking he is an elite QB because his team won the SB. flacco played well when it mattered but can he do it consistently?

that's a hell of a lot of money for a QB like flacco but then again that is how the contacts work now with the new CBA and the rookie salary cap.

the huge money not being thrown at rookies is going to the vets.
    05 Pitts was more of a fluke in my opinion, because of how they were aided big time in the Superbowl. Much has been made of questionable calls in B-more's favor, but SB 40 was completely outrageous. They called an illegal block on Hasselback for making a tackle for friggin sakes lol..with that, there is no way they weren't trying to aide Pitts on purpose...Pitts vs Seattle, wonder who sells more merchandise.

I am worried about a popular team vs an unpopular team in the superbowl again somewhat because of that, but because of the bad rap they got from that game I don't think they'd ever try that again. Its truly shameful though, that the NFL basically ruined a Championship because they needed to add to their already truckloads of money. It's nice that they don't have to have full-time jobs, but ultimately the NFL being a business does more bad than good.

yeah, the rest of the league is really laughing at the Super Bowl Champion Ravens......

zZzZZzzzzzzzz

i applaud flacco, he's played great the last 2 playoffs

good for him!

He won a ring and just got paid.

Some people are jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    He won a ring and just got paid.

Some people are jelly.
    Jealous? To live as a professional athlete playing the most popular position on the team, having every detail of my life picked apart by the media/on the internet, unsure of which people would still like me if I did not have the fame and money, and not able to enjoy a minute of solitude in public? Hell no I'll stick with my $80-100K and live freely.