Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One

Quote Originally Posted by uknflfan View Post
    Wow! Can I just say, what a race!! Thoroughly enjoyed that. Here would be my thoughts:

Nico should have won but he fluffed it. He had better pace than Lewis.

Surprised by the pace of the Force India's - 2nd quickest behind the Merc's. Also surprised that Sergio Perez out-drove Hulkenberg (in Qualy and the race).

Red Bull's got saved by the SC.

Heck of a lot of action all the way down the field, really enjoyable.

Seriously, how is Maldonado even in the sport still?

Oh, and can everybody stop complaining about the new rules now? Yes, I'm looking at you RB!
    That really was a kick-butt race! The theme was "racing with your team mate". The overtaking and dicing was better than in a long time up and down the grid.

Perez usually manages one good drive occasionally. Hulkenberg will be well ahead of him in the points at season's end, I think.

I wonder if Red Bull will opt for Honda power next year? If Ferrari can't get its act together, they should consider it, too.

I think Maldonado has a future ... in bumper cars.

When they went to a turbo formula, how did they expect the engines to sound? It isn't like the old days when the rules just limited displacement, and you could have as many cylinders as you wanted. The Sixties engines sounded the best (both 1.5 and 3.0), and were extremely varied.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I actually really like the sounds of the cars. For me the cars from the late 00s and early 10s sounded pathetic in comparison to the ones in the late 90s and early 00s, sounded much more feeble than their predecessors. At least these V6 turbos are something different, it's quite brilliant hearing them under braking when their batteries are recharging and you can hear the whistle from the turbochargers.

Not to mention the lack of downforce these new cars have in comparison to last season makes it actually more exciting to watch, the drivers have to work a lot harder even in dry conditions.

In other news, I resent Perez's podium, should have been Paul Di Resta in his place, then again I'm a massive Di Resta fan as most of you know!
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

The new cars are pretty twitchy as a result of the decreased downforce, as you have pointed out. Perez, Maldonado and Gutierrez have F1 rides as a result of $$, not talent.

Lewis is on his way.

Ferrari is starting to catch up ... some. Ross Brawn to the rescue?

Vettel has become #2 at Red Bull ... to an Australian. Wouldn't Dietrich Mateschitz and Helmut Marko rather have an Austrian driver?

Sebastian Vettel needs to take all his WDC trophies and give them to Adrian Newey.

Force India is surprisingly strong and consistent. Williams is on par, but keeps having bad luck.

What has happened to McLaren? Maybe Honda power will save them in 2015. They are currently beaten on the track by Toro Rosso.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-20-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Lewis is in the lead over his whining, pouting team mate.

Red Bull is improving some and Ferrari a little.

Bottas is doing a great, consistent job for Williams. Would love to see him win one, but looks like Lewis may take care of that ... for everyone.

Anyone here like IndyCar?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Anyone here like IndyCar?
    What TV channel(s) broadcast it? I followed it closely in the days of the Unsers. They have an interesting museum in ABQ. Lots of Indy Cars several of which won the Indy 500 plus some of their Pikes Peak Hill Climb cars and many other items of interest.

Paul Di Resta back in DTM, he qualified around 20th in the last race in Germany, he also got spun off by a careless driver who gave him no room, yet he still finished 4th only 6 seconds off the lead. He's not enough for F1 yet Pastor is apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    What TV channel(s) broadcast it? I followed it closely in the days of the Unsers. They have an interesting museum in ABQ. Lots of Indy Cars several of which won the Indy 500 plus some of their Pikes Peak Hill Climb cars and many other items of interest.
    Usually, NBCSN. Sometimes ABC (500).

CHAMP/IndyCar is my first love. NASCAR and F1 came later. I love the mix of road courses and ovals.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

So what's the verdict on Rosberg, cheat or not? Personally believe it was a mistake but still enjoyed seeing Hamilton looking like a kid who got the wrong toy for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    So what's the verdict on Rosberg, cheat or not? Personally believe it was a mistake but still enjoyed seeing Hamilton looking like a kid who got the wrong toy for Christmas.
    He did it on purpose a la Michael Schumacher. He can't beat Lewis straight up, so he'll do anything including cheating.

Ricciardo

Sergio Perez is an accident looking for a place to happen.

Congrats to Ricciardo! Just goes to show how Vettel benefitted from having the best car during the past several seasons. In the same car this year, Ricciardo is better. I'll bet Mark Webber is smiling ... in his Porsche.

Ferrari is looking for answers to a whole bunch of questions.

So, the weak spot on the Mercedes is small rear brakes and touchy ERS. Interesting. I hope Lewis beats out Nico. Can't stand that guy.

P.S. The Canadian Grand Prix was a great race to watch!
    Last edited by samparnell; 06-09-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Good for Lewis. He's four points behind Nico.

Fernando Alonso is ten times the driver Vettel is.

Silverstone needs to cover that little drainage ditch Kimi hit that broke his rear suspension. Hope he's OK.

Great race.