Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

tyrian matthieu

him in the third round seem to be a steal to move. i am reading thats around where he should go. can play safety as well as nickle. i do have teh same conserns i would with matt elam a lack of hiegh to cover TE

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'd love the pickup if we didn't have Chris Harris, but we do

Well, I don't see the point of drafting Mathieu to play safety. He's already undersized, and there are far better options for a safety in the 3rd.

The nickel is locked up. No room for Mathieu in Denver.

Could he play WR?

i would be thrilled if we could land that guy, he was making big plays at big times at LSU. Sure hes undersized, but he is a playmaker much like Ed Reed. I think hes going to have a nice career somewhere. Hes a great return man at worst, but he has some big upside if added to a talented secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    i would be thrilled if we could land that guy, he was making big plays at big times at LSU. Sure hes undersized, but he is a playmaker much like Ed Reed. I think hes going to have a nice career somewhere. Hes a great return man at worst, but he has some big upside if added to a talented secondary.
    This.

You can never have too many talented players at a position as crucial as CB. And to those who don't believe there is room for Matthieu, I would ask if you think there would be room if Champ, Harris, or Cromartie went down with an injury in TC or Pre-season? It would be a bargain if we could get him in the 3rd Round. Sadly, we choose at the end of the 3rd Rd., and I don't believe he will be there.

I'm also hearing the argument that we can't Draft Matthieu because the State of Colorado is in the process of legalizing the use of Marijuana. Like "legalizing" it actually makes a difference to anybody who is motivated to smoke it. It's availabable everywhere, legal or not. Matthieu is just like most every other curious young person in that he experimented with pot. If not getting a decent job was the result of that experimentation, most people, including me, would be flipping burgers at Grandpa's Burger Haven. I say, "Trust, but verify". Give him the benefit of the doubt, but test him on a regular basis, both during the season and during the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    This.

You can never have too many talented players at a position as crucial as CB. And to those who don't believe there is room for Matthieu, I would ask if you think there would be room if Champ, Harris, or Cromartie went down with an injury in TC or Pre-season? It would be a bargain if we could get him in the 3rd Round. Sadly, we choose at the end of the 3rd Rd., and I don't believe he will be there.

I'm also hearing the argument that we can't Draft Matthieu because the State of Colorado is in the process of legalizing the use of Marijuana. Like "legalizing" it actually makes a difference to anybody who is motivated to smoke it. It's availabable everywhere, legal or not. Matthieu is just like most every other curious young person in that he experimented with pot. If not getting a decent job was the result of that experimentation, most people, including me, would be flipping burgers at Grandpa's Burger Haven. I say, "Trust, but verify". Give him the benefit of the doubt, but test him on a regular basis, both during the season and during the off-season.

I am in a very similar position to you on this one. Having seen some tape of this guy play he is a real talent. everyone makes mistakes. Hell even Michael Irvin was caught in a house with a bunch of cocaine and he was an accomplished player. good people do make poor choices. Test the kid regularly and remember he will be surrounded by team mates who are in a similar position to himself. This will put things into perspective in a hurry. In interviews while it is clear he came from humble beginnings he is not stupid and understands what he has done is hurting his career, something which he wants more than drugs.

This guy has continuously proven that he would rather do other things than football... all that said, he has first round talent. I do wish he was closer to 6 feet and over 200 pounds. I think we pass on him.

He will be drafted way higher than he should be IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    He will be drafted way higher than he should be IMO.
    With teams like the cowboys and bengals and maybe the raiders your probably right

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    With teams like the cowboys and bengals and maybe the raiders your probably right
    the raiders won´t draft anybody with a 40 time of more than 4.3

Don't need another Maurice Clarett!!
    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by redneckrocker View Post
    Don't need another Maurice Clarett!!
    stop it, he is nothing like Clarett... Clarett wanted to be drafted early only to have to sit out and didn't keep himself in shape, let alone wasn't that good from the get go anyway.. Mathieu smoked weed, but at least he loves football, and works his tail off to be a great player... Im kind of against, or on the fence of drafting him too, but I cannot stand when fans make irrational comments that holds no merit to the subject..

Mathieu= elite atheletic ability, smart football player, but he smoked weed.
    Clarett= below avg. athletic ability, he was lazy, and a felon..

two different players, two different fates.

Clarett= before avera

man I was against this at first, but damn Im on this fence with this one now... he like one of those people you really care about that keep screwing you over, and you give them chance after chance, after they claim they have changed...

I used to be really high on DRC, and im hoping and praying it was just the scheme and the scenery in philly of one terrible season and one subpar year... but if we had to take an insurance policy, and Mathieu is still hanging around late, I just don't see how u don't add him, the dude just made plays every game.. literally every game he had a game changing or tone setting play.

I would rather have Tyrian Lannister.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.