• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RunYouOver
    Admin
    • Jan 2005

Updating the infraction (IP) system

As we do each offseason, we review our current policies, discuss changes and make adjustments as necessary. Our first project for the offseason was reviewing our infraction system, and we've decided to make a few adjustments.

New:

0 Point warning infraction: We've decided to bring back the 0-point warning infraction for new users who commit a minor infraction. This will be at our discretion and is really just meant to guide our newer users.

5 point implied profanity infraction: Not all profanity is the same, and as such we're going to distinguish between those who are implying profanity and those who are blatantly skirting the filter. To keep it simple, if you post something that gets entirely filtered out by the asterisks, if you filter yourself out through a random series of symbols (!@#$) or, for example post that something is "BS"; that's implied profanity. We'd like to reiterate that this is a very minor infraction, and its purpose is to just give the user a heads up that it's against the CoC to keep our boards clean and family friendly.

10 point inappropriate language infraction: As mentioned above, this infraction is for those who are purposely skirting the filter so that everyone can see that they were cursing. Just so we're clear, that means changing one letter or symbol so that the rest of the word still appears, or it could also mean posting symbols in a specific way so that people can tell what you're trying to say.

25 point repeated-offense infraction: For users who already have two active infractions in a specific category, this strike three infraction would result in a 25 point infraction that expires in 45 days. If we have to continually infract you for the same thing over and over, it's going to be worth more points and last longer.

30 point inappropriate post infraction: This infraction will be applied for inappropriate posts that violate multiple sections of the code of conduct (ex. cursing, trolling, inappropriate pictures), or an otherwise excessively inappropriate post. This infraction will be active for 45 days.

Staying the same:

Pretty much everything else is staying the same. There will still be 5-point profile violation IPs, 5-point spam/duplicate/off-topic posts, 10-point trolling violations, and 50-point board disruption and disregarding site staff infractions. Staff Harassment will continue to be a 75-point infraction with a corresponding 1-pointer for record keeping purposes.

As always, feel free to ask any questions if you're confused about something. If you'd like to chat in private with the staff, start a thread in the Community Issues forum, or send one of us a private message.
    Administrator

sigpic
  • Broncoholic3233
    #OrangeandBlue #PFM
    • Jan 2010

Well....

What's the difference between the 30 point one and 10 point regular trolling one?

I think you need to be more detailed about what is more excessive to warrant a 20 point increase.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
      ModNut
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
      30 point inappropriate post infraction: This infraction will be applied for inappropriate posts that violate multiple sections of the code of conduct (ex. cursing, trolling, inappropriate pictures), or an otherwise excessively inappropriate post. This infraction will be active for 45 days.
      Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      Well....

What's the difference between the 30 point one and 10 point regular trolling one?

I think you need to be more detailed about what is more excessive to warrant a 20 point increase.
      It's for inappropriate posts, not trolling. Trolling could be part of the multiple violations in one post, like the example in the bolded.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• #87Birdman
        The MOD Who Laughs
        • Apr 2011

I think I like the CP system better

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

• RunYouOver
          Admin
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
          I think I like the CP system better
          There's a difference?
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• ebsoria
            Former Mod Of Steel
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
            There's a difference?
            Barely....
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Garfield
              Starter
              • Aug 2011

where does one see these..

Comment

• #87Birdman
                The MOD Who Laughs
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                where does one see these..
                When you get one you usually get a notification that alerts you of one. And then you can also click the setting button and where you see your CP's above that will be where those evil red ones called IPs are -_- and they never go away always looking back at you when you go to settings to look at CPs....

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• assassin216
                  Starter
                  • Sep 2004

I thought I gotten an infraction.... smh....hahahahahahahaha
                  I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Peanut
                    ModNut
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                    I thought I gotten an infraction.... smh....hahahahahahahaha

Got your attention, though.
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• assassin216
                      Starter
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Got your attention, though.
                      For whatever reason people think Im always angry,when I debate someone but its never the case.....lol...Im usually cool and calm.....

I misread the statement in the yellow box,thinking I got an infraction........hahahahahaha...

Comment

• BroncoManiac_69
                        First Year Fan 1974
                        • Sep 2003

I think the point of all of this is very simple. Behave or get slapped. The COC should be followed by all members here and all posters should not think or believe they are immune from discipline if the COC is violated. What cracks me up? When people are reprimanded for their violations, they continue to whine and complain about it.

The rules here are simple to follow. If you follow said rules, you won't have to worry about the IP system.

I don't see the need for people to feel like they need to cuss and swear around here to get their point across. I don't see why people feel the need to degrade or argue various points of views on any given subject. We all get angry at times and may disagree.

By venting frustrations with the Broncos or other posters that don't share your point of view in an inappropriate and unprofessional manner is uncalled for. They should and will be addressed accordingly. The Broncos gave us this site to interact and the staff here along with most of it's members pride ourselves on having one of, if not the BEST NFL message board in the league. Let's keep it that way.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
                          Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                          • Nov 2007

Let the games begin this Thor's Day.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• assassin216
                            Starter
                            • Sep 2004

I would love to chat with a mod about my two infraction,I didnt know,because I find the infractions absurd...I didnt break no rules at all,but somehow I get not one,but two infractions...

Comment

• RunYouOver
                              Admin
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                              I would love to chat with a mod about my two infraction,I didnt know,because I find the infractions absurd...I didnt break no rules at all,but somehow I get not one,but two infractions...
                              Please start a thread in the Community Issues forum, which you'll find right under this feedback forum. That's the place where you can start a thread and have a private conversation with the staff in situations like these. We'll read and discuss what you have to say, and then get back to you later on.
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X