Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is denver done with Koppen?

Now that JD Walton has had plenty of time to rehab is likely back to 100% (if all went well)

is Denver done with Koppen?

JD Walton
    Phillip Blake
    CJ Davis
    Quentin Saulsberry

By the end of this season who will be starting at C position for Denver?

Can JD Walton be the man we need him to be?
    Red 98

I'm sorry I never bought into JD Walton, I watched him get blown off the line so many times in the past that all I could do was smh, I would rather go with anyone else but him, nothing personal, center is to important for an undersized center with no leadership skills. Keep Koppen.

JD has been solid for us in many respects but I agree he can be muscled. It's really hard to evaluate him based on a Tebow offense though so I don't really know what we have in JD post rookie

I thought Koppen did great for us though and just wonder what comes of him

Is he done in the NFL or done here in Denver?

We seem to have a lot of depth there at C however I don't know the quality of that depth
    Red 98

Sign Koppen please!!!

I love JD

Koppen would be a nice backup though

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

This is kind of an odd situation, it seems all hush hush but maybe an offer was made but koppens contemplating retirement. Hopefully not but its all speculation. Still one has to wonder why they wouldn't try and bring him back, no offense to anyone but they can't be all that woo'ed with Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I love JD

Koppen would be a nice backup though
    IMHO that should be the other way around.
    WHAT THE CATERPILLAR CALLS THE END, THE MASTER CALLS A BUTTERFLY.

--RICHARD BACH

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    IMHO that should be the other way around.
    I agree but coaches opinion's are about all that count! I say bring him to camp and give him a chance to earn his spot like everyone else!

Can't figure out why they would not have made him a good offer already. Unless the FO's penchant for underpaying LOS players has reared its ugly head again.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBassett View Post
    Can't figure out why they would not have made him a good offer already. Unless the FO's penchant for underpaying LOS players has reared its ugly head again.
    I really think it's because they want Kuper to push Walton at C. Bringing back Koppen would probably force us to cut Kuper and that'd give us a good chunk of dead money.

Maybe they want Blake to step up since he has about 20 LBS on all the others and he plays guard and center. They have a couple of players listed at both guard and center so maybe they are trying to stretch the back up positions. I think Blake was on IR last year so they had to do something.

That being said I thought Koppen did an awesome job for us last year maybe even better than Walton. I don't think Koppen gave up one sack last year so I am kind of surprised they are not doing the league vet minimum to have him as at least a backup. Maybe they will address this later once the dust settles and we get closer to training camp.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Love to have Koppen, but I bet JD gets the nod

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Maybe they want Blake to step up since he has about 20 LBS on all the others and he plays guard and center. They have a couple of players listed at both guard and center so maybe they are trying to stretch the back up positions. I think Blake was on IR last year so they had to do something.

That being said I thought Koppen did an awesome job for us last year maybe even better than Walton. I don't think Koppen gave up one sack last year so I am kind of surprised they are not doing the league vet minimum to have him as at least a backup. Maybe they will address this later once the dust settles and we get closer to training camp.
    I agree with this^ it's obvious Elway wants to get away from the smaller lineman and go to a power scheme with big maulers on the line and I think they want to see what they have in Blake, Davis and saulsberry

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I really think it's because they want Kuper to push Walton at C. Bringing back Koppen would probably force us to cut Kuper and that'd give us a good chunk of dead money.
    You are close It will be Kupers job. He is our best lineman and they want him on the field when he is playing Sack numbers go way,way down

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I agree with this^ it's obvious Elway wants to get away from the smaller lineman and go to a power scheme with big maulers on the line and I think they want to see what they have in Blake, Davis and saulsberry
    Kuper is the most physical player on our Roster. His line calls are what keeps up orr QB's standing, he would of been cut his pay days are huge . he keeps our QB's standing in the pocket and his run blocking cannot be beat