Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Final Cut

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Lattimore is a late round pick at best after his injuries. Someone very well might try to take him earlier but I wouldn't. Knee injuries to both knees already? I'll pass. There are other RB in this draft besides the 2 you mentioned and I think they will take one of them. Christine Michael is at the top of my list.
    So you don't want one guy with an injury history (knees) but you want another with an injury history (knees) and character red flags?
    Not sure if I follow

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Lattimore is a late round pick at best after his injuries. Someone very well might try to take him earlier but I wouldn't. Knee injuries to both knees already? I'll pass. There are other RB in this draft besides the 2 you mentioned and I think they will take one of them. Christine Michael is at the top of my list.
    If I had to guess, I agree, I think Christine Michael is the most traditional NFL style back in this draft with his build at 5'11"-220 with his speed...but he has a reputation of being a complete a-hole, turned a lot of people off in his meetings at the combine, and reportedly even slept through some of them. Add that to his issues with Kevin Sumlin at A&M, and it will all come down to what the Broncos think about his character.
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 04-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I want my workhorse to play well against good teams, Bell didnt...
    Well maybe if Bell was playing with any NFL players on his team he would've played well. Don't look at stats look at his runs IN THE GAMES. He had outstanding runs every single game and if he played with that oline that Richardson had he would've crushed his stats. I'd rather have a RB who put up great tape with no talent around him then a RB with more 1st round talent than any team in the league like Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Well maybe if Bell was playing with any NFL players on his team he would've played well. Don't look at stats look at his runs IN THE GAMES. He had outstanding runs every single game and if he played with that oline that Richardson had he would've crushed his stats. I'd rather have a RB who put up great tape with no talent around him then a RB with more 1st round talent than any team in the league like Richardson
    He didnt play well against them in any season, even when he had talent around him...

Bell had a private workout with the Broncos, so if they want him, he will likely be sitting there in the second when we select. I guess I just don't believe the Broncos will spend a second round pick on a RB. If he falls to our third round pick, he would have great value there, but I doubt Bell falls that far
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 04-21-2013 at 09:41 AM.

He didnt play well against them in any season, even when he had talent around him...
    Really? Watch the 2012 Nebraska game and that's better tape than any other RB I've watched in this draft

Really? Watch the 2012 Nebraska game and that's better tape than any other RB I've watched in this draft
    90th ranked rushing defense...

Bell is very much a one dimensional player. 10 years ago, I would think differently about him. But today, I just have questions about how well his game will translate

I wouldn't hate the pick in the second round, but am not convinced the Broncos would take him there

Speaking of Nebraska and RB's, anyone like Rex Burkhead late? He's a tough son of a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    Bell is very much a one dimensional player. 10 years ago, I would think differently about him. But today, I just have questions about how well his game will translate

I wouldn't hate the pick in the second round, but am not convinced the Broncos would take him there
    How is he one dimensional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    Speaking of Nebraska and RB's, anyone like Rex Burkhead late? He's a tough son of a gun
    He looks like a Peyton Hillis type. A late round pounder RB

90th ranked rushing defense...
    Jesus I guess watching the actual runs is too hard for you, and you just want to go off stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    So you don't want one guy with an injury history (knees) but you want another with an injury history (knees) and character red flags?
    Not sure if I follow
    Michael is a 3rd or 4th round prospect at this point, imo, so the investment isn't very high with very good upside, and he is healthy. Lattimore is still a question mark as to how he will come back and I think someone will take him higher than I would want to risk. I would take lattimore but not until the 5th round or so. Lattimore's last injury was pretty severe so I wouldn't count on him coming back as well as others have until I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    A lot of reaches in this draft IMO. Jenkins and Jones are being talked about now as a 3rd or 4th round selection and Taylor as a 4th or 5th round RB. I agree with your selection of D J Haqyden and Jamar Taylor as best value picks. IMO they will both be all-pro someday soon.
    Thanks for sharing this mock with us.
    We will be lucky if Jenkins makes it our of the first round passed the 49ers

Jesus I guess watching the actual runs is too hard for you, and you just want to go off stats.
    Doing good things against bad teams, and doing nothing against good teams #stud

I'd rather have Lattimore then Taylor. There is the injury concern, but Elway's shown he is willing to take injured talent if they last long enough. If we dont pick up a RB before the 4th and he's there, I think he'll be the pick.

If he rehabs back to full, then we just got the steal of the draft. If he rehabs back to 90%, he's still better then a lot of RBs in this draft. If his knee goes out and his football career is done, then it was only a 4th round pick. With modern surgery I think the chances of football being done for Lattimore are very low. Players are coming back from knee surgery's all the time and it does not effect them as negatively as it used too with new medical techniques and rehab strategies.