Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 91 to 102 of 102

Thread: Vikings

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,294
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Perhaps some of my confusion is not quite knowing where the line in the sand is drawn between fiction and non fiction. I'm ok with them straying a lot from historical facts if they've run out of source material to use. I'd be more on board with Lagertha winning at this point even if it's not real.

    Also the point you made that I'm quoting here I was also wondering myself. Although I was more wondering if Floki discovered Iceland not America. Or maybe that had already happened in an earlier season and I forgot? But aren't the Vikings the ones that got confused and mixed up the names of Iceland and Greenland?
    Hrafna-Floki Vilgertharson aka "Raven" Floki settled Iceland in the late 9th century.

    Erik Thorvaldsson aka Erik "the Red" was exiled (nithing) from Iceland in the late 10th century. He sailed West and established settlements in Greenland. He called it Greenland as an advertising tool to get people (like Thorfinn Karlsefni) to come.

    Thorfinn Karlsefni and Leif Eriksson both established short lived settlements in North America aka Vinland.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,818
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Thorfinn Karlsefni and Leif Eriksson both established short lived settlements in North America aka Vinland.
    Which means Columbus wasn't the first. Yet nobody wants to recognize it. They've found Viking a longhouse buried underground in Newfoundland I'm pretty sure, along other evidence.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,732
    I was so excited when that girl stabbed Ivar straight through the heart and was foolishly wondering how they were going to save him out of this one.

    Then he woke up from his nightmare and I cried.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,294
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Which means Columbus wasn't the first. Yet nobody wants to recognize it. They've found Viking a longhouse buried underground in Newfoundland I'm pretty sure, along other evidence.
    Historians recognize it. Those who don't must not be familiar with the history and archeology on the subject. I've known of it most of my adult life. The Newfoundland site is at L'Anse aux Meadows.

    A good book on Viking westward exploration and settlement is Westviking by Farley Mowat. Magnus Magnusson also wrote on the subject.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-06-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,294
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I was so excited when that girl stabbed Ivar straight through the heart and was foolishly wondering how they were going to save him out of this one.

    Then he woke up from his nightmare and I cried.
    I'm with you. Ivar sucks. Death to Ivar.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,818
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I was so excited when that girl stabbed Ivar straight through the heart and was foolishly wondering how they were going to save him out of this one.

    Then he woke up from his nightmare and I cried.
    I agree. I can't wait until Ivar is gone.

    FTR Ragnar is Bjorn's father! Lol

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I agree. I can't wait until Ivar is gone.

    FTR Ragnar is Bjorn's father! Lol
    I figured he was. I assumed Rollo was just screwing with Legertha.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,732
    Such a boring show now.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,165
    I didn’t know it was still on....I started losing interest last year sometime..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,732
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I didn’t know it was still on....I started losing interest last year sometime..
    They are signed on for one more season and then itís done

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,818
    If you guys are losing interest in Vikings check out The Last Kingdom on Netflix. All three seasons are on there. Season three was stellar. Season 4 is confirmed.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,732
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    If you guys are losing interest in Vikings check out The Last Kingdom on Netflix. All three seasons are on there. Season three was stellar. Season 4 is confirmed.
    Yeah itís in my list to do.

    I think Vikings just lost its way after Ragnars death. And all the other known characters are rarely shown.

    The worst move ever was taking Floki to that horrid island. I hate every character in that story arc and I cringe every time it comes on. They spend way too much time on that story arc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •