Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I really really want to check this show out.

But I missed season one. It isn't on demand. So I'm not sure where to find it. Not really interested in buying season one if that's even an option.
    i missed season 2 and went to hastings to rent the tv show dvds. 4 dvds for $10 renting. not bad

So Vikings is on Amazon Prime and my wife and I recently watched season 1 and 2. Such an amazing show.

I don't really agree it needs to be on HBO or Showtime. Although I would love to see Lagertha naked.But it's done by MGM studios which surprised me and I think it's extremely well done for a History Channel show.

I was so worked up and made about Floki even though I should've seen some of the foreshadowing signs. After the finale it all made perfect sense.

Unfortunately also missed season 3 in time to get it recorded. So we'll be behind again for awhile.

So Vikings is on Amazon Prime and my wife and I recently watched season 1 and 2. Such an amazing show.

I don't really agree it needs to be on HBO or Showtime. Although I would love to see Lagertha naked.But it's done by MGM studios which surprised me and I think it's extremely well done for a History Channel show.

I was so worked up and made about Floki even though I should've seen some of the foreshadowing signs. After the finale it all made perfect sense.

Unfortunately also missed season 3 in time to get it recorded. So we'll be behind again for awhile.
    Season three ended last week. I love the series.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Season three ended last week. I love the series.
    Yeah I knew it was on. But they didn't have the episodes on demand. Haven't looked to see if we could get them online. Figured we may just wait for Prime at the end of the year.

Yeah I knew it was on. But they didn't have the episodes on demand. Haven't looked to see if we could get them online. Figured we may just wait for Prime at the end of the year.
    I love the DVR timer.

I had a feeling they were not going to kill Ragnar off.

Is he back to Wessex next season being angry for the Saxons destroying the settlement?

Love this series.....great acting and story..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    I had a feeling they were not going to kill Ragnar off.

Is he back to Wessex next season being angry for the Saxons destroying the settlement?
    I didn't think so either because the historical Ragnar Lothbrok died in England according to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle.

At the beginning of the series, I was interested that they named Ragnar's brother Rollo since that was the French rendition of Hrolf. Now it seems they are spinning Ragnar's brother as the founder of the Duchy of Normandy.

Historic and poetic license in the same series.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Love this series.....great acting and story..
    Completely agree. I love this show.

Finally got caught up on season three in time for season four next month.

I felt it was a bit all over the place this season and not as good as seasons 1 and 2. But still felt it was a great season.

Also told my wife they wouldn't kill Ragnar and called it being a Trojan horse. This show is about Ragnar. You kill him what do you have? Just a bunch of angry Vikings with no story?

Finally got caught up on season three in time for season four next month.

I felt it was a bit all over the place this season and not as good as seasons 1 and 2. But still felt it was a great season.

Also told my wife they wouldn't kill Ragnar and called it being a Trojan horse. This show is about Ragnar. You kill him what do you have? Just a bunch of angry Vikings with no story?
    even though it isn't historically accurate his sons will probably rise to power at some point. also there is the seer who said to rollo "Oh Rollo, if you truly knew what the gods have in store for you, you would go down now and dance naked on the beach"

so while i agree that ragnar is obviously the star of the show, i can see them killing him off and continuing the story somehow if they do it right.

A little disappointed that season 4 was practically a repeat plot from season 3. Although I guess this time it's just a midseason finale so they still have a ways to go.

Not crazy about a huge time-jump midseason. But it'll be interesting to see how Ragnars boys play into the back half of the season

A little disappointed that season 4 was practically a repeat plot from season 3. Although I guess this time it's just a midseason finale so they still have a ways to go.

Not crazy about a huge time-jump midseason. But it'll be interesting to see how Ragnars boys play into the back half of the season
    pretty much how i see it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    even though it isn't historically accurate his sons will probably rise to power at some point. also there is the seer who said to rollo "Oh Rollo, if you truly knew what the gods have in store for you, you would go down now and dance naked on the beach"

so while i agree that ragnar is obviously the star of the show, i can see them killing him off and continuing the story somehow if they do it right.
    Ragnar dies in Northumbria in a pit of snakes at the hands of King Aelle. Ragnar is avenged by his sons who lead the Great Heathen Host in an invasion of England starting in the Kingdom of Northumbria and toppling them all except Wessex which is saved by Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Ragnar dies in Northumbria in a pit of snakes at the hands of King Aelle. Ragnar is avenged by his sons who lead the Great Heathen Host in an invasion of England starting in the Kingdom of Northumbria and toppling them all except Wessex which is saved by Alfred.
    i meant the show wasn't totally historically accurate.