Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings

Finally started season 5 on Amazon. Not really much of a fan of the transition to Ivar being the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    His character did make some dumb decisions, but he made some great decisions as well. "We are going to lift the boats up, and carry them over there" . Lol.... He got the Vikings into France. He basically planned out his own death which lead to the defeat of Wessex and Umbria.

The interactions he had with Ecbert especially in the final season were stellar imo. I don't think Vikings were scholars lol, but Ragnar was great.

I read they were originally supposed to kill Ragnar off in season two, but with what Fimmel did with the character they really couldn't. I still like the show a lot, but it's missing something now, and no it's not just Ragnar, it's Ecbert, and others as well.
    Lifting the boats and carrying them across the mountains was an enormous amount of labor that didn't even work out. Sure, they bypassed the forts, but as soon as they were in the water Rollo swooped down and trounced them with his own fleet. There was also enormous risk of discovery during the entire process, and realistically, they certainly would have been discovered by local hunters or by fishermen when they were hoisting the boats up, and reported. Then a Frankish army would have ambushed them in the woods at night. That effort would have taken a long time with not enough food to support all the Vikings doing hard labor day in and day out for weeks or months.

I think Ragnar really meant to do something with his ragtag band in England and it just fell through badly because of the storms, afterwhich he decided to be the martyr. If martyrdom was his "plan" all along, then he wouldn't have needed to dig up his burial treasure and use it to buy three ships and crews, he could have simply booked passage to England alone or with one or two guys.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Finally started season 5 on Amazon. Not really much of a fan of the transition to Ivar being the main character.
    I don't like the actor nor the character at all. He has one face: down with eyes rolled up -the crazy/angry look. He's a one-dimensional character who's simply hateful. <Snore!>

When Lagertha goes, this show is over.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I don't like the actor nor the character at all. He has one face: down with eyes rolled up -the crazy/angry look. He's a one-dimensional character who's simply hateful. <Snore!>

When Lagertha goes, this show is over.
    She's really the only reason I still watch. I keep hoping Floki will return to his original early show charm. But since he sailed off at the end of episode 1 I'm losing faith.

He did crack me up though when Ivar called him a coward. "Stand up and say that to my face"

I guess I don't understand the boneless part of Ivar the boneless. I was sort of under the impression that his deformity basically made him paralyzed from the waist down. I thought he couldn't feel his legs. So I'm confused how Iron braces help him walk. I understand they can help hold his weight upright. But I didn't think he had movement to be able to make his legs move back and forth in a walking motion.

I guess I don't understand the boneless part of Ivar the boneless. I was sort of under the impression that his deformity basically made him paralyzed from the waist down. I thought he couldn't feel his legs. So I'm confused how Iron braces help him walk. I understand they can help hold his weight upright. But I didn't think he had movement to be able to make his legs move back and forth in a walking motion.
    Maybe he has partial feeling in the midsection area, enough to move his hips to swivel the legs forward?

Maybe he has partial feeling in the midsection area, enough to move his hips to swivel the legs forward?
    I guess. I don't have a problem with it or anything. I was just curious how that works.

Also every time I hear Ivar the boneless I feel like they are calling him Ivar the spineless. Although compared to his brothers he is the only one who has a spine. Outside of Bjorn of course.

I guess. I don't have a problem with it or anything. I was just curious how that works.

Also every time I hear Ivar the boneless I feel like they are calling him Ivar the spineless. Although compared to his brothers he is the only one who has a spine. Outside of Bjorn of course.
    I think he did more (historically) than his brothers (except Bjorn) so he is portrayed as mentally stronger. Check out this wiki on Ivar for some medical speculation about what his disability may have been:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_the_Boneless

The show is loosely based off the Anglo Saxon as stated in the OP. Obviously rollo & Ragnar weren't really brothers, and some historians are skeptical if Ragnar Lothbrook ever existed. Bjorn, Ivar & a few others are in the history books I believe. Most of the information about the Vikings back then was chronicled by the English because Vikings didn't read nor right... That said I hope Bjorn kills em all lol. Except for his mom of course.

The show is loosely based off the Anglo Saxon as stated in the OP. Obviously rollo & Ragnar weren't really brothers, and some historians are skeptical if Ragnar Lothbrook ever existed. Bjorn, Ivar & a few others are in the history books I believe. Most of the information about the Vikings back then was chronicled by the English because Vikings didn't read nor right... That said I hope Bjorn kills em all lol. Except for his mom of course.
    So what's your point?

You still need to pick your Anti-Thanos team here:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...amp-TV)/page11

Even Legetha confuses me at times now. She's mostly a badass. And pardon me if I'm speaking naively as I'm not caught up yet. But the whole episode 1 to 2 transition confused the heck out of me. Super skeptical of Harald in episode 1 and takes him prisoner. Then decides she needs to get her rocks off with him in episode 2 and considers an alliance. Only to have him kidnap astrid and return home. That's not really the Lagetha I know at all.

But maybe she redeems herself in the last 7 episodes that I haven't seen yet.

So what's your point?

Lol talk about off topic

So what's your point?

Donnie you're out of your element. Lol

Donnie you're out of your element. Lol
    Lynch hasn't watched the Big Lebowski????

Just finished episode 5. Y’all didn’t tell me Thor’s Hammer is involved.