Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Vikings

I'm through episode 8 and this season is a good bit confusing. I understand King Haralds motivation for civil war but the rest is just like a stupid angry pissing contest. I mean I kind of get Ivar wanting Lagertha dead but being willing to kill all of his brothers over it? Really? Seems like a good time for the Saxon army to come attack and catch them all off guard. But no they are too busy celebrating their drill practice being unaware of the rest of the world.

It's kind of odd how the show is setting things up. Ivar seemed a good bit cowardly at the end of this episode. Which is unusual for him. But it also seems if they follow the historical stories he should be accomplishing a lot. Where as the show spent too many years setting up Lagertha and Bjorn as the good guys. So it seems there is a dilemma between following a typical show theme where who the audience views as the good guys win versus who actually historically won.

I don't see how I can continue this show if Ivar comes out victorious though. He is pretty much the main villain.

As for the Floki story line that has become beyond irritating pointless filler.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm through episode 8 and this season is a good bit confusing. I understand King Haralds motivation for civil war but the rest is just like a stupid angry pissing contest. I mean I kind of get Ivar wanting Lagertha dead but being willing to kill all of his brothers over it? Really? Seems like a good time for the Saxon army to come attack and catch them all off guard. But no they are too busy celebrating their drill practice being unaware of the rest of the world.

It's kind of odd how the show is setting things up. Ivar seemed a good bit cowardly at the end of this episode. Which is unusual for him. But it also seems if they follow the historical stories he should be accomplishing a lot. Where as the show spent too many years setting up Lagertha and Bjorn as the good guys. So it seems there is a dilemma between following a typical show theme where who the audience views as the good guys win versus who actually historically won.

I don't see how I can continue this show if Ivar comes out victorious though. He is pretty much the main villain.

As for the Floki story line that has become beyond irritating pointless filler.
    Imo the writer is running out of material. They just added a ton of fiction to some non- fiction imo....

The main storyline in the Anglo Saxon chronicles is Alfred The Great imo. He was the main character. The king who United England. Followed by the great heathen army. Every added in the show was just secondary. Some of it was great, some not so much, but I don't think Ragnar sons really killed each other off as on the show.

Bjorn was a king. Bjorn was the one that faked his death to gain access inside paris.

Bjorn had a brother named Haldfan... There's so much different stories in the show compared to the Chronicles or sagas.

Some archaeologists actually think Vikings discovered North America, and not Columbus. I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Some archaeologists actually think Vikings discovered North America, and not Columbus. I tend to agree.
    Perhaps some of my confusion is not quite knowing where the line in the sand is drawn between fiction and non fiction. I'm ok with them straying a lot from historical facts if they've run out of source material to use. I'd be more on board with Lagertha winning at this point even if it's not real.

Also the point you made that I'm quoting here I was also wondering myself. Although I was more wondering if Floki discovered Iceland not America. Or maybe that had already happened in an earlier season and I forgot? But aren't the Vikings the ones that got confused and mixed up the names of Iceland and Greenland?

Finished episode 9. I guess I zoned out for a minute. 1 minute Aethelwolf or however you spell it is perfectly healthy celebrating his sons achievement's. The next minute his face is all messed up and he is dying and they anoint a new king. I missed something in the middle. I don't recall seeing what caused his death so quickly.

Good grief what an absolutely atrocious midseason finale

Finished episode 9. I guess I zoned out for a minute. 1 minute Aethelwolf or however you spell it is perfectly healthy celebrating his sons achievement's. The next minute his face is all messed up and he is dying and they anoint a new king. I missed something in the middle. I don't recall seeing what caused his death so quickly.
    If I remember correctly he got stung by bees... What a lame quick way to kill a somewhat important character.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    If I remember correctly he got stung by bees... What a lame quick way to kill a somewhat important character.
    Ah ok. Yeah extremely stupid. He's been around for quite a while. Not a good deserving way to go out. Perhaps the actor took on a role elsewhere and they had to write him out quick.

Finally!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Whatís the date?

What’s the date?
    It's on there, 11-28-18, four months away.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    It's on there, 11-28-18, four months away.
    I didnít watch it cuz I assumed it was a bit away still. And I donít like trailer spoilers.

Reminder this returns on the 28th

Did anybody watch the Saga of Bjorn episode? Apparently itís a one off aside from the regular story. Not sure if I should watch or just delete.