Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Vikings

Season 6 should show the Vikings discovering North America.

Im glad season 6 is the final. I just dont care for any of the characters anymore. Even if some of their future trips are considered historical.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Season 6 should show the Vikings discovering North America.
    That's about 150 years forward, after successful colonization of Iceland and then Greenland. They will be going East to Novgorod in Season 6-- that's confirmed. Michael Hirst is, however, trying to work out a deal for a Vikings spin-off series and maybe that will be about Erik the Red and his son Leif?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    That's about 150 years forward, after successful colonization of Iceland and then Greenland. They will be going East to Novgorod in Season 6-- that's confirmed. Michael Hirst is, however, trying to work out a deal for a Vikings spin-off series and maybe that will be about Erik the Red and his son Leif?
    Hirst did mention north America at one of the San Diego comicons. Perhaps at the end they have one of those 150 years later type moments lol. I'm up for a spinoff. I love the series. I like The Last Kingdom just as much. They are filming season 4 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Hirst did mention north America at one of the San Diego comicons. Perhaps at the end they have one of those 150 years later type moments lol. I'm up for a spinoff. I love the series. I like The Last Kingdom just as much. They are filming season 4 right now.
    All I could I find on that was this comment from an interview in 2013:

“Personally, and it’s just a personal opinion, I don’t like fantasy because I don’t connect to it but we know there were Vikings. They may dress differently but they’re like us,” Hirst stated. “The Vikings came to North America hundreds of years before Columbus. It’s real stuff; we’re connected to these people. They’re part of our collective history so we’re reaching out to people and saying this is part of your heritage and of course, it’s exciting if you describe it like that.”

I've binged through The Last Kingdom season 1, interesting, but mixed feelings on it so far, as I had with Vikings.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    All I could I find on that was this comment from an interview in 2013:

“Personally, and it’s just a personal opinion, I don’t like fantasy because I don’t connect to it but we know there were Vikings. They may dress differently but they’re like us,” Hirst stated. “The Vikings came to North America hundreds of years before Columbus. It’s real stuff; we’re connected to these people. They’re part of our collective history so we’re reaching out to people and saying this is part of your heritage and of course, it’s exciting if you describe it like that.”

I've binged through The Last Kingdom season 1, interesting, but mixed feelings on it so far, as I had with Vikings.
    Interesting. Don't give up on The Last Kingdom man, it gets better as it goes imo.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.