View Poll Results: Thoughts on the Montee Ball pick?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it!

134 79.29%
  • Dislike it!

4 2.37%
  • Would have rather had Lacey!

24 14.20%
  • Didn't want a RB or wanted someone else!

7 4.14%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Montee Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if take a rB high i would have to wait till next year for knile davis
    Eh I'd rather have lattimore, but Davis might not come out next year he does have an extra year of eligibility. With dwindling demand for RBs in higher rounds he would be the best RB the year after

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Then, at last, the Broncos would have two Balls.
    That would give us a pair of Balls and a Johnson in our backfield .
    HE>i

I think he'll slide a bit in the draft - some portion of his success will be credited to the big bulls on the Wisconsin OL and RB's from that program have traditionally struggled in the NFL.

However, he's a fine talent in his own right and would fit right in here. I like him in the late second or third round.

That makes me like him that much more. Draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Cru$h View Post
    I was listening to Dan Patrick this morning and he had on Monte Ball. He said how did not like the Packers. He was asked who he liked and he said he was a big bronco fan!
    Guy had a great interview. I didn't realize he was so good until i saw some of his highlights.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6oEMlZF5TU
    I really like this guy. But not in the 1st round, as i'd like to see us get a DT. Although we have yet to see how Fannin does, we still have Knowshon, Lance, Jeremiah and Omon(SP). If we do go for an RB, i'd like to see a speedback like Demps or Rainey. I doubt that Montee will be there in the 3rd or maybe even the 2nd, but it's great to know that he's a Bronco fan.
    HE>i

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    DRAFT THIS MAN NOW! 34 TD's on the season with a game to go. I bet we can find him in the 3rd round. Sorta reminds me of Willis McGahee a bit. Tough between the tackles pounder with enough burst to go the distance if needed.

#Hesabeast
    I bet you we won't. Ball is a borderline first round talent, pending which teams need a runningback. Denver needs a runningback and if he's available when Denver selects in the first round, they need to draft him. The dude will be a star in this league and if he plays for his favorite team, he'll have that extra spark to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by xDenver Freakx View Post
    I bet you we won't. Ball is a borderline first round talent, pending which teams need a runningback. Denver needs a runningback and if he's available when Denver selects in the first round, they need to draft him. The dude will be a star in this league and if he plays for his favorite team, he'll have that extra spark to succeed.
    Most draft sites still have him as a 3rd/4th round pick. I bet he runs a 4.55-4.60 on the combine, that's not going to boost him very high.

Most draft sites still have him as a 3rd/4th round pick. I bet he runs a 4.55-4.60 on the combine, that's not going to boost him very high.
    Draft sites are run by spastics. Montee looks a lot quicker than he did in 2010 and I think he will run a 4.45 4.50. I don't think he is let out of the second round.

Lance + Montee = 2 balls!

Gotta love bathroom humor...

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Draft sites are run by spastics. Montee looks a lot quicker than he did in 2010 and I think he will run a 4.45 4.50. I don't think he is let out of the second round.
    Yup and I say with it looks like we could be picking I say stills in the first ball in the second. I wanted Miller but don't think he makes it to our second

There is no way in the world Ball lasts till the 3rd/4th round, he's going in the 1st or sometime in the 2nd.

Don't see anyway he makes it to the 3rd or 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...17#post4122717

Montee Ball is a stud. Check out his stats I posted in this thread.

I've been getting after college sports analysts on twitter trying to get a response on why Ball shouldn't win the Heisman.
    Because his stats are skewed thanks to the o line in Wisconsin. Just ask Ron Dayne, who won the Heisman. They're not making that same mistake again lol.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Because his stats are skewed thanks to the o line in Wisconsin. Just ask Ron Dayne, who won the Heisman. They're not making that same mistake again lol.
    Not sure you can compare a RB today to a RB from over a decade ago and say he's overrated because of the OL. It's not like they have a bunch of 13th year seniors that have been around ever since then.

Not sure you can compare a RB today to a RB from over a decade ago and say he's overrated because of the OL. It's not like they have a bunch of 13th year seniors that have been around ever since then.
    Calhoun. I watch Wisconsin a lot and their system skews the stats on running backs. It's been like that for a long time.

But by all means, lets pull another McD and reach for a bust in first round. Exactly what we need and hey, he's a Bronco fan. Perfect!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

lol it would be funny if it was in a wildcat formation and this happened
    "The ball is snapped to Ball, fakes it to Ball....NO WAIT Ball still has it...OH! Ball fumbles the ball! And Ball picks it up puts the ball up in the air TOUCHDOWN BALL!"

And I wouldn't want Montee Ball in the 1st round. In the 2nd yes.