View Poll Results: Thoughts on the Montee Ball pick?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it!

134 79.29%
  • Dislike it!

4 2.37%
  • Would have rather had Lacey!

24 14.20%
  • Didn't want a RB or wanted someone else!

7 4.14%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Montee Ball

He'll be worth a 3rd/4th rounder and he's long gone by then. If he by some miracle is still available, I'm all for it then.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    He'll be worth a 3rd/4th rounder and he's long gone by then. If he by some miracle is still available, I'm all for it then.
    Why, b/c of the OL they have, that's partially true, but he's still a good RB, getting 36 total TD's is pretty damn impressive.

I'd take him in the 2nd.

I can't believe people are still basing what players run on their 40 with no pads on and how that affects their draft stock. It's crazy. Ball has good enough game speed in pads and is fluid with all his cuts. Who cares how fast he can run in a straight line, give me a guy who doesn't lose speed when he's making guys miss or running players over. I have seen enough Wisconsin games this year and each and every week the kid impresses me more and more. Even if he runs a 4.55 40, he's still a 1st round talent in my books. He's a shifty runner and a proven touchdown vulture. But, like I said before, it all depends on which teams need a runningback. If he's sitting there, say in the 20s, Denver should take this kid in the first. Why risk losing out on a potential star?

Calhoun. I watch Wisconsin a lot and their system skews the stats on running backs. It's been like that for a long time.

But by all means, lets pull another McD and reach for a bust in first round. Exactly what we need and hey, he's a Bronco fan. Perfect!
    Ball is nothing like Calhoun or Dayne.

Ball has burst which separates him from other Wisconsin backs. He has lateral agility, which separates him from other Wisconsin backs.

If Trent is gone i would rather take Lamar Miller in the 1st instead.
    I've been on his wagon since the beginning of the season.
    I would take Ball in the 2nd but not 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
    That would give us a pair of Balls and a Johnson in our backfield .
    Wow! You are right! Wonder what Tebow would do?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yup and I say with it looks like we could be picking I say stills in the first ball in the second. I wanted Miller but don't think he makes it to our second
    I hope not. I don't want a Defensive Tackle early. I would prefer to trade back. I do not think anyone at our pick is a must have. I think if we can get some picks in the second, third and fourth we can add depth and talent to the team.

We'd probably have to take Ball in the 1st or 2nd. I'd rather have have Doug Martin since we could get him in the 3rd/4th.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Then, at last, the Broncos would have two Balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Our rushing offense would be balls to the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
    That would give us a pair of Balls and a Johnson in our backfield .
    Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    lol it would be funny if it was in a wildcat formation and this happened
    "The ball is snapped to Ball, fakes it to Ball....NO WAIT Ball still has it...OH! Ball fumbles the ball! And Ball picks it up puts the ball up in the air TOUCHDOWN BALL!"

And I wouldn't want Montee Ball in the 1st round. In the 2nd yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Wow! You are right! Wonder what Tebow would do?
    You guys just convinced me

I most definitely want him on our team now

100%

Two Balls and Johnson
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

Eh I'd rather have lattimore, but Davis might not come out next year he does have an extra year of eligibility. With dwindling demand for RBs in higher rounds he would be the best RB the year after
    davis is a junior this year, he will be a senior next year, i will bet he comes out next year if not this year.

Davis has more homerun speed for a back his size sense mcfadden, who i would compare him to. a high 4.2s low 4.3s in the forty, at 6'0 220

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    davis is a junior this year, he will be a senior next year, i will bet he comes out next year if not this year.

Davis has more homerun speed for a back his size sense mcfadden, who i would compare him to. a high 4.2s low 4.3s in the forty, at 6'0 220
    Well he can file for a medical exemption to play. Depending on their recruiting class(which is shaping up for a good one) he may comeback for a championship

Well he can file for a medical exemption to play. Depending on their recruiting class(which is shaping up for a good one) he may comeback for a championship
    Who was the last runningback to do that?

Because his stats are skewed thanks to the o line in Wisconsin. Just ask Ron Dayne, who won the Heisman. They're not making that same mistake again lol.
    Calhoun. I watch Wisconsin a lot and their system skews the stats on running backs. It's been like that for a long time.

But by all means, lets pull another McD and reach for a bust in first round. Exactly what we need and hey, he's a Bronco fan. Perfect!
    Well if you watch a lot of Wisconsin then you'd know that Ron Dayne was one of the most dominant college running backs of all time. He has the career rushing record, if you don't think he deserved the Heisman you didn't watch him.

Two different head coaches, different decades, don't compare the too.

You can't honestly watch Montee Ball and say this kid isn't good. He even does it in the passing game. Wisconsin's first complete back in a long time!

And if I'm not mistaken Alabama has two highly rated Offensive Tackles along with a top 3 Center, are you going to bash Trent Richardson for that? I mean Mark Ingram won a Heisman there, it must be the system!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    Well if you watch a lot of Wisconsin then you'd know that Ron Dayne was one of the most dominant college running backs of all time. He has the career rushing record, if you don't think he deserved the Heisman you didn't watch him.

Two different head coaches, different decades, don't compare the too.

You can't honestly watch Montee Ball and say this kid isn't good. He even does it in the passing game. Wisconsin's first complete back in a long time!

And if I'm not mistaken Alabama has two highly rated Offensive Tackles along with a top 3 Center, are you going to bash Trent Richardson for that? I mean Mark Ingram won a Heisman there, it must be the system!!!
    If Fluker, Jones, and Vlachos all come out this year they will all be drafted in the top 4 rounds, Fluker and Jones being fringe first round picks. But you aren't allowed to mention that. Wisconsin is the only line that produces quality prospects.

But for real, c'mon guys. Look at these two kids;

One is 6'1 250 pounds, has no burst, has no lateral agility, north south runner, touchdown machine, runs a 4.7

The other is 5'11 220 pounds, great burst, elite lateral agility, complete back, can run inside or out, touchdown machine, runs a 4.5

Guess who is who.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale