Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    they have said that they will put packages is just for freeney and they don't just run a 3-4 either, its more of a hybrid.

you donk fans can hate on him as much as you want to but hes better than what we had for pass rushers especially after melvin got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    those are passes less then ten yards....never stated they were only rbs did i?....your whole contention is rivers was a long ball guy..didnt use the quict hits until his line crumbled...right...wrong he has always used it

08 ...106 completions was to rbs

yeah tell me again how he really didnt utilize the backs in his offense again...lol
    heh, you do realize that every single QB in the NFL throws the majority of their passes shorter than 10 yards, right?

i also never said he didn't utilize his backs, you are twisting my words again arapahole.

like i said before, river was in the top 10 in air yards per attempt every single year until the last two years when his OL took a dive, ironically after sproles or LT were long gone.

last year the league leader in air yards per attempt was Colin Kaepernick who threw the ball on average 7.0 yards per attempt. 112 attempts went 10 yards or under and 81 attempts went 11 yards and beyond.

so yeah, posting the % of times he throws under 10 yards is about as failed of an argument as you could have possibly made.

wrong junior....you said he didnt utilize the short game and specificaly the rbs were not a big part of his passing game until the past couple years when his line didnt give him time....i just showed you your wrong....the short game and rbs have always been a big part of his offense...its nothingnew

and if i was making an aurguement thst rivers was the only qb doing so...youd have a point....but im not am i....im only showing your wrong in saying the short game and rb are new because of the line

Keenan Allen is confused

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    they have said that they will put packages is just for freeney and they don't just run a 3-4 either, its more of a hybrid.

you donk fans can hate on him as much as you want to but hes better than what we had for pass rushers especially after melvin got hurt.
    Freeney is a great guy and a great ball player I'm glad you got him, Bro!!!

Just..... BUAJHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Manti's "girlfriend made #69 on Maxim's Hot 100 for 2013. Here's her picture...

*2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Guess which Chargers player wishes he was a Raider

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...e-was-a-raider

Quote Originally Posted by denversdivision View Post
    The chargers need a WHOLE LOT MORE than just dwight to even be relevant. They lost melvin and sp. And basicly have mancry and dwight now ... not exactly scary. Dwight isnt the player he once was and isnt very good at playing olb. He can be a decent de but not in the 3-4 hes walking into. Hes a ten sack guy at de , much less impact outside.

Hes a very smart player but isnt fast like he once was , his moves are becoming less effective also. Good sign for the chargers as they should be picking up anyone who will sign damn near ... but hes a big name with little impact ...sp will do far more for us than dwight will for them
    Glad you can be so sure. Freeney was LOST in the 3-4 in Indy and still had a decent year. McCoy is not a dummy. He is certainly going to play enough 4-3 to keep Freeney comfortable. You know the same McCoy that was here! The same one that knows this offense in and out, the one that spent the full year around Manning. You don't think he can exploit some things?

You mention Freeney's decline but failed to acknowledge that SP has been less than healthy. Also, Manti will be a force in San Diego. Notre Dame's reversal of fortunes in the college football landscape can be defined by Before Te'o and after Te'o.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Meh, Freeney is good, hell of a career but he's a better fit for a 4-3 scheme which we run.

Still gonna come down to their OL protecting Rivers, if they give him enough time, they'll contend somewhat, if not, it's gonna be tough.
    Again, that is the brilliance of the Chargers hiring McCoy. If anybody can shift schemes on the fly and find ways to protect Orton and Manning but make the same cast of guys work with Tebow, I am convinced he can protect Rivers. Let's also remember that he is NOT Norval. Norv liked the long developing plays down the field. McCoy not so much. That change alone will eliminate some of the pressures, hurries, and sacks on Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Freeney's stats have been declining almost as rapidly as Rivers passer rating and the Chargers number of wins. lol

The Chargers Defense aint that bad, but I'm more than dubious that their offense will have their act together by this season. Not worried.
    I'm not. McCoy was the OC the year McD took over here. The same year the team found a way to scratch out a 6-0 start.

Lulz. The Chargers got a lot worse this offseason. Denver took two of their top players on both sides of the ball, Tomlinson isn't coming out of retirement and they took Teo. SD replaced Phillips with Freeney who hasn't done crap in 2 years. Lulz. Norv isn't there any more but McCoy did a lot of things that annoyed Denver fans while he was here. His crap playcalling isn't going to help much with an offense that's a lot worse than Denver's.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Chargers finished 3rd or 4th in the division at all.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Wow.. I wish I had run across this prior to the draft.... from the Onion...

"INDIANAPOLIS—With the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine drawing to a close, linebacker Manti Te’o confirmed Tuesday that he had managed to scrape together enough money to pay the $5,000 fee to participate in the event. “The guy on the phone told me my results wouldn’t count unless I paid the registration fee, so I made sure to get him that money as soon as I could,” the former Notre Dame football standout told reporters, adding that his Western Union wire transfer to Flex-Trak OKK Offshore Holdings, Ltd. ensured him free access to each of the combine performance tests, as well as “Premier Elite” admission to Lucas Oil Stadium. “It was a little pricey with all the extra convenience charges tacked on, but it’s a good thing I got the money together when I did. Apparently, the fee would have increased to $10,000 if I had waited another day.” While Te’o admitted that registering for the combine had depleted a significant portion of his savings, the star linebacker said that his finances were in good shape, as he recently received an unexpected e-mail informing him that he had inherited a sizable sum of money from a long-lost Nigerian uncle"
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Glad you can be so sure. Freeney was LOST in the 3-4 in Indy and still had a decent year. McCoy is not a dummy. He is certainly going to play enough 4-3 to keep Freeney comfortable. You know the same McCoy that was here! The same one that knows this offense in and out, the one that spent the full year around Manning. You don't think he can exploit some things?

You mention Freeney's decline but failed to acknowledge that SP has been less than healthy. Also, Manti will be a force in San Diego. Notre Dame's reversal of fortunes in the college football landscape can be defined by Before Te'o and after Te'o.

Again, that is the brilliance of the Chargers hiring McCoy. If anybody can shift schemes on the fly and find ways to protect Orton and Manning but make the same cast of guys work with Tebow, I am convinced he can protect Rivers. Let's also remember that he is NOT Norval. Norv liked the long developing plays down the field. McCoy not so much. That change alone will eliminate some of the pressures, hurries, and sacks on Rivers.

I'm not. McCoy was the OC the year McD took over here. The same year the team found a way to scratch out a 6-0 start.

lets try useing the bolt aurguement for doom on this...we lost a 10 sack a yr guy and nothing we do fixes it...right

well they lost phillips who is about a 9 sack pr year guy...and replaced him with a 9 sack per yr guy in freeney...then they lose a savvy vet in spikes...and replace him with a rookie who may not liveup to the hype

are they really suddenly improved?

mccoy found ways to protect orton...wait whaaaa?
    the same orton that was 8-30 in his last 30 denver starts with MCcoy as his OC ...that orton?
    as per tebow...mccoy didnt design the spread option or the read option...he took some plays tim like and put them in the ofense..great

however unlike turner...mccoy was to a fault uncreative and predictable ...how many times with tebow did you...every single player on the opposing defense...the opposing coaches...the water boys...the cheerleaders all know the next play was gonna be a run...lets not pretend a slant, a hitch , a screen or something wasnt a pass tebow could handle...he did that very well in college
    ...predictability

we seen the same thing with orton and his bubble screen...it got very predictable

the best thing that happened to Mcoys career was manning
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Orton's sack issues were Orton's problem. He couldn't recognize a 0 gap blitz (nor could JD Walton) and more importantly Orton broadcast the play. He would lock on to B Marsh or Lloyd. Orton would faint like a goat before the pressure got to him. Cutler got sacked 12 times in the year before Orton and Orton a ton more the following year with the same O line.

As for the rest, I will stand by my argument that the Blots are better until proven otherwise.

orton also had mccoy where cutler had shanny.....and thAt my point...mccoy was nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Uh, that 6-0 start had more to do with Mike Nolan than McCoy, and McDaniels was the play caller, not McCoy. McDaniels was a control freak. How much control do you really think McCoy had over that offense? And as soon as McDaniels took part of the game planning away from Nolan too, we skid-marked the rest of the season.

McCoy is 100% unproven. Little credit is due to him for successes during the years he was here. He was hired based off of the success we had last year. If we still had Orton or Tebow, I sincerely doubt anyone would be singing his praises.

That offense in SD has given little indication of improving over last year in any appreciable ways.