Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hate to say it, Chargers have had a very good draft, AFC West got tighter

D.J.Fluker was at best a RT but a solid one at least. Then, Manti Te'O makes a good WILB for the 3-4 where he can be shielded by playing weakside. Then, Keenan Allen is like an Anquan Boldin waiting to happen, IMO, tough in traffic and runs routes well like a Boldin/Wayne.

Both Te'O and Allen were great values where Tom Telesco got them.

Chargers, with another O-line pick, might be back in the race again and the AFC West might have 2 teams with winning records - Broncos and Chargers. Chiefs might flirt with .500 too.

I think Fluker is a solid pick. But hes at RT where Von Miller lines up almost all the time. Im not worried.

Keenan Allen is the one im most worried about. I really liked him. Manti Te'O will be solid for them, but can be exposed in the passing game.

Chargers are still a wreck and Peyton will expose Te'o soon.

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

If you saw the BCS game, I wouldn't call Te'o that solid of a pick.

I thought the Fluker pick was not a good one. Yea he is a mammoth with a huge reach and has good run blocking but too often did I see him miss guys by standing up and bending at the waste in the run game and just about every defensive end that played opposite of him was able to pressure and sack the quarterback. He was a liability in the pass game

Peyton will make Teo wish he had his phantom girlfriend to cry on.

Te'o against Welker? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    They will go 3-3-5 vs 3 WR looks, nickel coverage at minimum, Te'O wont be on the field in all likelihood.

On paper, yes they have.

Let's see if it translates to the field. I sure hope not
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Can you say mismatch?

Not to mention we were already one step ahead in regards to them drafting Keenan Allen. DRC and Champ can take care of Allen and Alexander.
    thanks Freyaka

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    They will go 3-3-5 vs 3 WR looks, nickel coverage at minimum, Te'O wont be on the field in all likelihood.
    You damn well know Peyton will go no huddle and Teo will be caught on the field. And be subsequently abused.
    thanks Freyaka

Fluker is a good RT but I don't think he's going to stop Von. I think Te'o is a decent player but after watching him play against NFL ready players at Alabama. Well a lot more NFL ready players than most college teams at least. He was absolutely terrible. He couldn't find the ball, He couldn't finish tackles, he couldn't do anything. Most of his highlights from his Heisman candidate season were interceptions thrown terribly right to him. I'm not worried at all about Te'o really. Decent starter in the NFL, nothing more. Keenan Allen is who I am most worried about. I have always watched high school football pretty closely especially high schools more locally to me in the Carolinas. I used to go to Greensboro all the time a few years back when he was in high school there at Northern Guilford High School and all everyone talked about up there was Keenan Allen so I have been watching him ever since. He actually was more known as a Safety in high school although he did play receiver as well and was expected to play defense at the college level but Cal plugged him in at receiver and he hasn't looked back since. His half-brother Zach Maynard was actually his Quarterback at Cal which could be why they changed him to a wide receiver. Not exactly sure why they made the switch but it worked out well so far. He reminds me personally a lot of Reggie Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyshot View Post
    If you saw the BCS game, I wouldn't call Te'o that solid of a pick.
    If you saw the rest of the season, you would say he's solid at worst. Don't knock him based on one game, he was second in Heisman voting for a reason.

They had 3 very good picks so far. Fluker was a bit of a reach, but considering a need it wasn't a terrible pick. Von will abuse him like a step child, though.

Te'o was a good pick for them. They have added good lineman and OLBs like Luiget, Ingram, and Reyes, so Te'o is a nice pick to round out their front seven.

Allen is a steal, he is aggressive like Anquan but better after the catch, IMO.

Overall, they got a ton better, but we will still beat them like a drum. They don't have a secondary outside of Weddle, Gilchrist, Taylor, and Cox are all guys who are serviceable but none could start on our team.

I think the Raiders had the better draft

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I thought the Fluker pick was not a good one. Yea he is a mammoth with a huge reach and has good run blocking but too often did I see him miss guys by standing up and bending at the waste in the run game and just about every defensive end that played opposite of him was able to pressure and sack the quarterback. He was a liability in the pass game
    I'm with you, not a huge Fluker fan. Von Miller will fly by him with ease. He's really not a very good pass protector. He's a monster in the run game, but quick/athletic pass rushers will eat him alive.