Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Uh, that 6-0 start had more to do with Mike Nolan than McCoy, and McDaniels was the play caller, not McCoy. McDaniels was a control freak. How much control do you really think McCoy had over that offense? And as soon as McDaniels took part of the game planning away from Nolan too, we skid-marked the rest of the season.

McCoy is 100% unproven. Little credit is due to him for successes during the years he was here. He was hired based off of the success we had last year. If we still had Orton or Tebow, I sincerely doubt anyone would be singing his praises.

That offense in SD has given little indication of improving over last year in any appreciable ways.

the denver defense under nolan in the first 6 games of 2009 allowed 11ppg....team 6-0....rest of the way 2-8
    the other two wins was when the defense allowed only 6 and 13 points

the #1 scoreing defense in 2012 allowed 15.3ppg

i just never seen mccoy as anything but cauttious and predictable
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Well...the Chargers actually did something to fix their GAPING hole of a so-called offensive line.

Chargers agreed to terms with OT Max Starks, formerly of the Steelers, on a one-year contract.The longtime Steeler vaults to the top of the Chargers' depth chart at left tackle. OT Kevin Haslam was waived in a corresponding move. Haslam was part of the Bolts' revolving door on the blindside last season as Jared Gaither "battled" back and groin injuries. Starks was not effective for the Steelers in 2012, allowing a troubling 40 hurries according to Pro Football Focus' stats, but still has more to offer than King Dunlap. Left tackle remains a trouble spot for San Diego, which is likely looking at a long season under rookie GM Tom Telesco. May 21 - 5:20 PMSource: Josina Anderson on Twitter Free agent T Max Starks is visiting the Cardinals Tuesday.Per ESPN's Josina Anderson, Starks is already taking a physical. A signing could happen quickly as head coach Bruce Arians knows Starks from their time together in Pittsburgh. Starks, 31, would likely compete to start at left tackle in Arizona, potentially moving Levi Brown to right tackle and Bobby Massie to right guard. Jonathan Cooper could then upgrade on Daryn Colledge at left guard. May 14 - 11:04 AMSource: Josina Anderson on Twitter The Union-Tribune San Diego reports free agent LT Max Starks is "still considered in the mix" for the Chargers following his Wednesday visit.The visit was described as "positive," even though Starks left without a deal. The U-T San Diego confirms Starks would immediately overtake King Dunlap to be the Bolts' starting left tackle if signed. Starks turned 31 in January. May 10 - 7:56 PMSource: Union-Tribune San Diego Free agent OT Max Starks says he has had a "couple of conversations" with a "few organizations," and he hopes to have a deal done by OTAs.Most OTAs start in roughly two weeks, although teams with new head coaches start a week earlier. Starks is visiting the Chargers on Wednesday, and the 31-year-old says he hasn't ruled out a return to the AFC North. There aren't any openings for starting tackle jobs in the division. San Diego is his best shot for a starting gig, and beat writer Michael Gehlken doubts he "gets away." May 8 - 9:16 PMSource: Pittsburgh Tribune Review Chargers ink likely left tackle in Max Starks
    May 21 - 5:20 PMCards to visit with free agent OT Max Starks
    May 14 - 11:04 AMChargers still in the hunt for Max Starks
    May 10 - 7:56 PMStarks has had conversations with a few teams
    May 8 - 9:16 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1691/max-starks

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    the denver defense under nolan in the first 6 games of 2009 allowed 11ppg....team 6-0....rest of the way 2-8
    the other two wins was when the defense allowed only 6 and 13 points

the #1 scoreing defense in 2012 allowed 15.3ppg

i just never seen mccoy as anything but cauttious and predictable
    flip flop flip flop!!!! i love it!!

i recall making that very argument here, that nolan carried your team and you donk fans argued with me until your faces turned blue.

by the way, you donk fans do realize that mccoy isn't the play caller in SD, right? just curious because it doesn't seem like many of you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Well...the Chargers actually did something to fix their GAPING hole of a so-called offensive line.

Chargers agreed to terms with OT Max Starks, formerly of the Steelers, on a one-year contract.The longtime Steeler vaults to the top of the Chargers' depth chart at left tackle. OT Kevin Haslam was waived in a corresponding move. Haslam was part of the Bolts' revolving door on the blindside last season as Jared Gaither "battled" back and groin injuries. Starks was not effective for the Steelers in 2012, allowing a troubling 40 hurries according to Pro Football Focus' stats, but still has more to offer than King Dunlap. Left tackle remains a trouble spot for San Diego, which is likely looking at a long season under rookie GM Tom Telesco. May 21 - 5:20 PMSource: Josina Anderson on Twitter Free agent T Max Starks is visiting the Cardinals Tuesday.Per ESPN's Josina Anderson, Starks is already taking a physical. A signing could happen quickly as head coach Bruce Arians knows Starks from their time together in Pittsburgh. Starks, 31, would likely compete to start at left tackle in Arizona, potentially moving Levi Brown to right tackle and Bobby Massie to right guard. Jonathan Cooper could then upgrade on Daryn Colledge at left guard. May 14 - 11:04 AMSource: Josina Anderson on Twitter The Union-Tribune San Diego reports free agent LT Max Starks is "still considered in the mix" for the Chargers following his Wednesday visit.The visit was described as "positive," even though Starks left without a deal. The U-T San Diego confirms Starks would immediately overtake King Dunlap to be the Bolts' starting left tackle if signed. Starks turned 31 in January. May 10 - 7:56 PMSource: Union-Tribune San Diego Free agent OT Max Starks says he has had a "couple of conversations" with a "few organizations," and he hopes to have a deal done by OTAs.Most OTAs start in roughly two weeks, although teams with new head coaches start a week earlier. Starks is visiting the Chargers on Wednesday, and the 31-year-old says he hasn't ruled out a return to the AFC North. There aren't any openings for starting tackle jobs in the division. San Diego is his best shot for a starting gig, and beat writer Michael Gehlken doubts he "gets away." May 8 - 9:16 PMSource: Pittsburgh Tribune Review Chargers ink likely left tackle in Max Starks
    May 21 - 5:20 PMCards to visit with free agent OT Max Starks
    May 14 - 11:04 AMChargers still in the hunt for Max Starks
    May 10 - 7:56 PMStarks has had conversations with a few teams
    May 8 - 9:16 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1691/max-starks
    the OL while still not great on paper is upgraded from last year without a doubt. i have hope for a decent season if these guys can get it together and give rivers some more time in the pocket.

we still need at least one more off season to compete with denver though IMO

What is weird is that for the longest, rivals wanted the Chargers to keep Norv because he was holding the team back (same with Al Davis ironically) so getting rid of Norv is a breath of fresh air to erode the stench of underachieving failure that he brings as a head coach. New life in So Cal. Who knows, the new moves could motivate the players to play past their potentials. The big ifs are Rivers and Mathews of course.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

i recall making that very argument here, that nolan carried your team and you donk fans argued with me until your faces turned blue.

by the way, you donk fans do realize that mccoy isn't the play caller in SD, right? just curious because it doesn't seem like many of you know that.
    lmao....what am i flip flopping about my fairweather fan.....i like a multitude here have always maintained nolan wa responsible for the start of the 09 season, and mcd destroyed that midseason by demanding nolan no longer call the defensive game plan and instead follow mcds defensive stratagy which led to nolan and mcd agreeing to part ways after the season.

we condemmed mcd and called for his fireing, specially after the horrible drop in defenive standings from 09 to 2010 without nolan

dont kid yourself like your the only one here,if in fact you did at all, proclaim nolan was hugely responsible for the early success

by the way....you been gone now for nearly a week...should we expect another flurry and disapear from you? lol

matter of fact i was banned on my own boards during that mcd stretch or soon after for my actions and view against mcd.....so your wrong again lil feller

condidering bens ability to escape the rush....how many of those 40+ qb hurries starks allowed will be converted to sacks with the statue rivers

lmao....what am i flip flopping about my fairweather fan.....i like a multitude here have always maintained nolan wa responsible for the start of the 09 season, and mcd destroyed that midseason by demanding nolan no longer call the defensive game plan and instead follow mcds defensive stratagy which led to nolan and mcd agreeing to part ways after the season.

we condemmed mcd and called for his fireing, specially after the horrible drop in defenive standings from 09 to 2010 without nolan

dont kid yourself like your the only one here,if in fact you did at all, proclaim nolan was hugely responsible for the early success

by the way....you been gone now for nearly a week...should we expect another flurry and disapear from you? lol
    i was the only one here that said such things about nolan back then, you were too worried about defending your beloved donks until your last dying breath as usual.

and you calling me a fairweather just screams troll, i have been here in smack more than you over the years, you just recently started coming more after the donks got better.

its the off season, i have never been here daily in the off season before. don't get mad because i don't want to have an endless pissing fest with you about your stupid hypocrisies.

i remember entire off seasons when you would be nowhere to be found, so enough of the hypocrisies arapahole, i am getting tired of pointing them out to you.

condidering bens ability to escape the rush....how many of those 40+ qb hurries starks allowed will be converted to sacks with the statue rivers
    he is better than what we had and is just someone to get us to next years draft. its funny that you are still insecure about the bolts though.

insecure about the bolts...lol...good one rod

i was the only one here that said such things about nolan back then, you were too worried about defending your beloved donks until your last dying breath as usual.

and you calling me a fairweather just screams troll, i have been here in smack more than you over the years, you just recently started coming more after the donks got better.

its the off season, i have never been here daily in the off season before. don't get mad because i don't want to have an endless pissing fest with you about your stupid hypocrisies.

i remember entire off seasons when you would be nowhere to be found, so enough of the hypocrisies arapahole, i am getting tired of pointing them out to you.

let examine your roddly mack

so your the only one here that said nolan was the bigget reason we started 6-0 in 09....just you?...no body else in smack or GD thought the same thing?...none of the fans that distrusted MCD from the cutler fiasco...none of us who hated the fact he drove nolan away....none us us bronco fans who watched the 08 bronco def end at 28th over all...inject nolan...finish #7...get rid of nolan...end up 32nd...thought nolan had anything to do with it

just bap?....a regular naustrodumbass.... one of the most rediculous things you have ever said...even more so than your miller is a one trick pony...lol....

get ahold of reality...many here hated mcd from the start many here condemmed him over nolan...YOU WERE IN NO WAY HAPE OR FORM THE ONLY ONE..LMAO!!!

Now you wanna say im never here and only came becuae the broncos got good?....DOES ANY BODY BELEIVE BAP ON THIS?
    I was here all 2012 season...i was here aurgueing with you all 2011 season over tebow and miller...im alway here lil boy....the only time i wasnt was the entire 2010 yr til the summer of 2011....when i was banned.....sorry rod, like everything, your wrong again

and yet it has become your only defense....lol
    Last edited by arapaho; 05-24-2013 at 08:56 AM.

I know Ken Whisenhunt is calling plays which makes me LOL because his O sucks. the only real success he ever had was when Todd Haley ran his offense. other than that he is known for well timed trick plays and being conservative. That's why the Steelers let him go when the jaw quit instead of promoting him... 0
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Chargers were pretty awful last year and they almost beat us. If their new regime understands defense, they could be back. Fluker is a mostly a run blocker, but that's what SD needs -- to revive its running game, become a more balanced offense. Isn't it McCoy who is their HC? He was a cagey strategist, so I can assure you he will have a strategy for beating Denver, even if it means running the ball 50 times and playing it close to the vest.

Chiefs are the big mystery, imo. Is Andy Reid the Andy Reid who coached the Eagles to the Super Bowl, or is he the Andy Reid who helped screw up the Eagles' defense last year? KC is as talented as Denver on defense. When their D showed up it was formidable. They could run the ball, too; they just had no passing game. I'm sure Reid will improve their offense, and if their defense returns, maybe they will be competitive again. Then again, the Eagles were pretty bad last year, so it's impossible to tell.