Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    If you saw the rest of the season, you would say he's solid at worst. Don't knock him based on one game, he was second in Heisman voting for a reason.

They had 3 very good picks so far. Fluker was a bit of a reach, but considering a need it wasn't a terrible pick. Von will abuse him like a step child, though.

Te'o was a good pick for them. They have added good lineman and OLBs like Luiget, Ingram, and Reyes, so Te'o is a nice pick to round out their front seven.

Allen is a steal, he is aggressive like Anquan but better after the catch, IMO.

Overall, they got a ton better, but we will still beat them like a drum. They don't have a secondary outside of Weddle, Gilchrist, Taylor, and Cox are all guys who are serviceable but none could start on our team.
    Weddle would start for us.

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    They will go 3-3-5 vs 3 WR looks, nickel coverage at minimum, Te'O wont be on the field in all likelihood.
    So if Peyton is running no huddle then you are saying he won't be on the field at all, so basically a non-factor...

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka

Also they lost one of their best Olineman to us, so even if Fluker is great isn't that a wash (Especially considering we added Knighton AND Williams)?
    Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 04-26-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    So if Peyton is running no huddle then you are saying he won't be on the field at all, so basically a non-factor...
    Depends on if they start the series with a 3-3-5 look. Besides, Te'O, even if he is on the field in a 3-4-4 base look, will take on the TE and not Welker, a safety like Weddle would take on the slot guy.

Te'O is nowhere as good as a nickel CB by any means but he is not a slouch with no skills. Besides, Tamme is not a stud like Gronk or Hernandez to give Te'O as many fits like the other two, IMO, if Te'O takes on the TE in a 3 WR 1 TE set

WRs do not win every 1-on-1 matchup and that is what the Chargers pass rush is for, to get there before Peyton can place it perfectly after spotting the 1-on-1 matchup which is most likely on Decker and Welker with the 2nd safety leaning towards DT in a 3 WR set.
    Last edited by chad72; 04-26-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Depends on if they start the series with a 3-3-5 look. Besides, Te'O, even if he is on the field in a 3-4-4 base look, will take on the TE and not Welker, a safety like Weddle would take on the slot guy.

Te'O is nowhere as good as a nickel CB by any means but he is not a slouch with no skills. Besides, Tamme is not a stud like Gronk or Hernandez to give Te'O as many fits like the other two, IMO, if Te'O takes on the TE in a 3 WR 1 TE set

WRs do not win every 1-on-1 matchup and that is what the Chargers pass rush is for, to get there before Peyton can place it perfectly after spotting the 1-on-1 matchup which is most likely on Decker and Welker with the 2nd safety leaning towards DT in a 3 WR set.
    I thought Manning uses Tamme as a TE OR Slot type receiver depending on what the D gives him.

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka

Quote Originally Posted by swess93 View Post
    Weddle would start for us.
    See "outside of Weddle."
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I think the Raiders had the better draft
    They still have the worst overall team by far, though.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    I thought Manning uses Tamme as a TE OR Slot type receiver depending on what the D gives him.
    Peyton likes the "Posse" 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB or the "Ace" 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB and based on the zone pressure, he will split Tamme out or keep him in to pick up a blitz. Here is a good read:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...s-concept.html

No matter who the QB is, if the pressure gets there before the QB can make the perfect read, you don't need a great secondary or LB coverage to make things happen. That is all that I am saying. One thing the Chargers do have is a good D-line that can apply pressure and that will matter, IMO.

Well with the acquisition of Fluker that puts their number of quality starting Olineman potentially at 1

Assuming Fluker even works out Rivers is still probably going to be under constant pressure

Teo in the right scheme can be good I think, but I am not convinced he will get the protection he needs in SD
    Allen is very talented though

Overall solid haul for SD but they still look live an average at best team to me

Fluker was a decent pick, and Allen was a great one, but Te'O is gonna suck in the NFL. He overanticipates plays and isn't patient with going after runners. Eddie Lacy exposed him. SD will regret that pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
    Well with the acquisition of Fluker that puts their number of quality starting Olineman potentially at 1
    you don't think nick hardwick is a quality center?

the chargers were average last year, so you think they got worse and at best stayed the same? or are you just talking smack?

D.J.Fluker was at best a RT but a solid one at least. Then, Manti Te'O makes a good WILB for the 3-4 where he can be shielded by playing weakside. Then, Keenan Allen is like an Anquan Boldin waiting to happen, IMO, tough in traffic and runs routes well like a Boldin/Wayne.

Both Te'O and Allen were great values where Tom Telesco got them.

Chargers, with another O-line pick, might be back in the race again and the AFC West might have 2 teams with winning records - Broncos and Chargers. Chiefs might flirt with .500 too.
    Te'O could be great but he is a rookie and new to NFL.

Every rookie plays like a rookie especially against a 15 yr old veteran QB against him. This is not even a conversation at this point.

More appropriate discussion is 3 yrs down the line between Brock and Te'O.

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I think the Raiders had the better draft
    maybe, but the chargers got first round talent with their first three picks, that's pretty dang good as far as value goes. the chargers still lack a LT at this point in time, if they don't address it that will be a serious issue i think.

other than that very huge need, i think they have done fairly well so far. (i am a chargers fan so maybe i am a little biased)

I think we have a different opinion of who is a first round talent and who isn't.

Peyton likes the "Posse" 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB or the "Ace" 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB and based on the zone pressure, he will split Tamme out or keep him in to pick up a blitz. Here is a good read:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...s-concept.html

No matter who the QB is, if the pressure gets there before the QB can make the perfect read, you don't need a great secondary or LB coverage to make things happen. That is all that I am saying. One thing the Chargers do have is a good D-line that can apply pressure and that will matter, IMO.
    "Even for a team that has spent the majority of the time in a three-wide receiver look — all but one snap Sunday against the Browns before the Broncos' final possession of the game — how defenses have reacted to the tight ends, and in particular Tamme, has been a significant point for Manning.

"Tamme is essentially a slot guy, I guess that's how I look at him," Manning said. "But he's bigger than a lot of receivers and he runs good routes, catches the ball. So, defenses have to have that discussion about how to handle him.""

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka