Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Hey, with a weak division you can't do much!
    Quality division= prep for quality opponents.

My feel is there is no way we can tell how a draft class is until 2 to 3 years down the line.

SportingNews gave Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs C- for draft grade and B for the Chargers

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...teelers-eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    SportingNews gave Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs C- for draft grade and B for the Chargers

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...teelers-eagles
    Its good to know we didn't have a lot of needs and our veteran core could possibly win the superbowl.Sly Williams and Ball were good picks,and i understand we needed a speedy CB to keep up with the the long ball so i can understand the Webster pick.

We lost by Houston and Baltimore the same way,the long ball.We need Webster,good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambam33376 View Post
    My feel is there is no way we can tell how a draft class is until 2 to 3 years down the line.
    that's pretty much the way any knowledgeable fan feels, sometimes its hard not to get exited but then again i am still very concerned with the OL, more specifically the LT position.

i don't blame the new regime for that though, they did what they could and seemed to do a decent job drafting quality players.

by the way, this should have been moved to smack with all the insecure smack talk some of these broncos fans are running.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    by the way, this should have been moved to smack with all the insecure smack talk some of these broncos fans are running.
    I hope you are not mistaking me for a smack talker

The Chargers had the best draft-BY FAR. I wanted the Broncos to take Te'o. As usual, people get wrapped up in the Combine nonsense and measuring tape instead of game tape. Notre Dame, as of late, can be described as with Manti and without. He will be a force in San Diego for 10 years.

Now that AJ and Norv are gone SD is doing some very good things. This year will be interesting to see. If they gel quickly they could be a force in the division. If not this year, next season!

KC is immensely better, too. Oakland is getting better. Oakland had a strong draft, too especially Wilson, Watson and Hayden.

Meanwhile Denver hass mortgaged everything for this year and next year. I hope it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    The Chargers had the best draft-BY FAR. I wanted the Broncos to take Te'o. As usual, people get wrapped up in the Combine nonsense and measuring tape instead of game tape. Notre Dame, as of late, can be described as with Manti and without. He will be a force in San Diego for 10 years.

Now that AJ and Norv are gone SD is doing some very good things. This year will be interesting to see. If they gel quickly they could be a force in the division. If not this year, next season!

KC is immensely better, too. Oakland is getting better. Oakland had a strong draft, too especially Wilson, Watson and Hayden.

Meanwhile Denver hass mortgaged everything for this year and next year. I hope it pays off.
    Not sure what you mean by mortgaged everything. Sure I think every team in the NFL got better yesterday, but Oakland is still going to be a really poor team. I think they are going to have the #1 overall pick next year. SD should be better just without Norv, and all KC needed to do to compete really was address their QB and o-line situation. So yeah, I expect a little bit of a tougher division.

But if you look at these contracts we have been giving out, they've all been smart 1-2 year deals except vasquez which is a young lineman.

Welker is on a 2 yearr deal
    DRC - 1 year deal with 2 year option
    Philips 1 year deal
    Knighton 2 year deal
    Vickerson 2 year deal I think

Champ's contract is something I think we will address soon too. We have picks 1 through 7 next year. So really, Im not sure what future we are mortgaging. Perhaps the only 2 positions that we didnt address this year were MLB and S, and its not like we suck at those positions. Maybe they're not all stars, but they're solid players.

"Tough times don't last, tough people do" ~Mike Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos724 View Post
    You damn well know Peyton will go no huddle and Teo will be caught on the field. And be subsequently abused.
    Wait. You actually think they're going to put Manti Te'O on Wes Welker? Even if somehow their d coordinator fell asleep for a play- they'd check to zone dude..

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    I hope you are not mistaking me for a smack talker
    no not you.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

i am still very concerned about pass protection this year, that will make or break us. i think we will have decent weapons and our defense will be decent again, but rivers needs time in the pocket, that is a must in order to not turn the ball over as much and make plays like we have prior to 2010

i havent seen this much bolt giddiness over a drafted lbr

since j mouton

I don't agree with grading drafts right after they happened, but I'm not a big fan of the Chargers picks as much as others are.

Fluker - I know they needed OL, but I don't like this pick because it's a guy who struggled vs speed rushers in college. What happens when he gets into the NFL where the rushers are that much better? I do like him in the running game though, just not protecting Rivers if I'm a Chargers fan.

Te'o - A slower LB, who doesn't have the aggressiveness I like to see in LBs. Not a great run defender unless everything falls into place for him. Not a guy who can cover 1 on 1 well either. Also don't buy that rah-rah intangible stuff, much less likely to be effective at the NFL level.

Keenan Allen - Great pick.

I looked at all the drafts, and thought the Broncos had the best one. I thought we did a better job of getting instant impact and developmental talent than any of the other teams. The Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers look like they will get very little after the fifth round, which are then essentially wasted picks

Williams and Ball will provide instant bang for the buck...Broncos owned the draft, again.