Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I will say this Te'o fit a 3-4 zone coverage MLB better then anything so unless SD is changing systems, I do see it as a good fit for both, now will he have his teammates respect maybe not. Will he continue to try and slide around and make tackles from behind which is what he loved to do most but is hard to do at the next level maybe not. Will he be the same dominant player he was in college maybe not. Still I think this was the best fit for him

If the Chargers are planning on being a run strong team like Oakland or KC tries to be Fluker was a great pickup, otherwise he isnt someone who can consistently protect Rivers especially if he has to throw it far down field as often as he tried to do under Norv.

I cant fully complain about Tourek since we left the same players on the board and we drafted someone who were not sure will be healthy. Still I like Bass better. Mostly because Tourek has short arms like your last mistake lol

I'm probably ignorant to the Charger's whole roster, but I still feel like they have glaring holes at CB, O-line and at RB. They may have gotten better with Fluker, but why they let Vasquez walk still puzzles me. It didn't really even seem like his contract demands were that high or that he wanted out. Philip Rivers really has been hung out to dry the last few years, and I just don't see how they've made a great effort to fix it. King Dunlap isn't stellar either.

Then at CB they lose both Cason and Jammer? I guess they could re-sign Jammer still? I know these two weren't all-stars but they were fairly solid vets no?

WR is another position that puzzles me, but I guess if your QB has no time to throw, then the WR's struggle. Eddie Royal was one of my favorite players here and he hasn't grown as a player like I thought he would. Denario Alexander is exciting for them, but they don't seem to be overly eager to have him back if they're going to tender him at the UDFA level. Maybe Keenan Allen can be a good WR for them, but I personally thought he was overrated. But what do I know, I'm not an NFL scout.

I think their LB's can be scary if Ingram can make up for them losing Philips. Donald Butler is a stud, and Manti Te'o probably will be solid at the very least. They also have a pretty darn good D-line.

Chargers may have really missed their window. The Chiefs are going to be mean this year, and the Broncos aren't going anywhere for a couple of years. By the time we're onto either Brock or Dysert, Rivers will be 2 years older, and possibly on crutches if that O-line doesn't protect him like the franchise QB he is. If they don't surprise this year, next year may be the year for them to surprise the NFL and jump up in the 1st round for River's replacement.

Going to go on record right now as having the Broncos at 12-4, Chiefs at 10-6, Chargers at 8-8 and Raiders at 2-14
    Last edited by Botan; 05-01-2013 at 12:44 AM.

"Tough times don't last, tough people do" ~Mike Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by Botan View Post
    I'm probably ignorant to the Charger's whole roster, but I still feel like they have glaring holes at CB, O-line and at RB. They may have gotten better with Fluker, but why they let Vasquez walk still puzzles me. It didn't really even seem like his contract demands were that high or that he wanted out. Philip Rivers really has been hung out to dry the last few years, and I just don't see how they've made a great effort to fix it. King Dunlap isn't stellar either.
    i cant say that i disagree with this but you do have to realize that they did have a lot of holes and you simply cannot fix it all in one draft.

i think they did pretty good for what options they had.

Then at CB they lose both Cason and Jammer? I guess they could re-sign Jammer still? I know these two weren't all-stars but they were fairly solid vets no?
    they did get derek cox which will help but i do agree we are kind of weak at CB on paper, hopefully Williams can turn out to be a quality nickle for us.

WR is another position that puzzles me, but I guess if your QB has no time to throw, then the WR's struggle. Eddie Royal was one of my favorite players here and he hasn't grown as a player like I thought he would. Denario Alexander is exciting for them, but they don't seem to be overly eager to have him back if they're going to tender him at the UDFA level. Maybe Keenan Allen can be a good WR for them, but I personally thought he was overrated. But what do I know, I'm not an NFL scout.
    don't forget we have a very promising Vincent brown who missed last season because he broke his ankle. we also still have malcom floyd and a couple pretty good pass catching TE's

if allen develops into a good possession receiver for us, i think our weapons will be good enough as long as rivers has time in the pocket, that is by far the main issue.

I think their LB's can be scary if Ingram can make up for them losing Philips. Donald Butler is a stud, and Manti Te'o probably will be solid at the very least. They also have a pretty darn good D-line.
    others will have to step up and get to the QB, that is all there is to it. i do think we will field a decent defense but i don't think it will be a great defense.

our offense will need to be potent or else we will be looking at another mediocre season i believe.

Chargers may have really missed their window. The Chiefs are going to be mean this year, and the Broncos aren't going anywhere for a couple of years. By the time we're onto either Brock or Dysert, Rivers will be 2 years older, and possibly on crutches if that O-line doesn't protect him like the franchise QB he is. If they don't surprise this year, next year may be the year for them to surprise the NFL and jump up in the 1st round for River's replacement.

Going to go on record right now as having the Broncos at 12-4, Chiefs at 10-6, Chargers at 8-8 and Raiders at 2-14
    well the chargers haven't made the playoffs in two years and they are replacing a lot of older players this year with still some holes to fill (RB is a concern as well which you really didn't comment too much on)

but the thing is, your window is only closed if you miss the playoffs, the chargers could make the playoffs this year and their window would be open again, which is why i don't really like that analogy unless we are talking about individual players.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/st...54165228384256

SD must be nervous about their ability to generate a pass rush... Their 2 projected starting OLB's combined for 2.5 sacks in '12
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

baph-

Why do you say RB is a concern? Are there lingering healthy issues with Ryan Matthews? I thought he was pretty good when he actually played.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

RB is a huge concern in SD. Much like Knowshon, Matthews shows flashes of being a pretty good player, then goes through stretches of poor play. In 38 career games Matthews has only scored 14 TDs, in 44 games Knowshon has scored 22. Both have a pretty decent yard per carry average but neither seem to be a guy who you can rely on. Knowshon showed some pretty good progress last year before the injury and actually scored 4 tds on 159 touches. Last season Matthews only scored 1 td on 223 touches. Both have been disappointments due to their draft position, and will likely never live up to expectations.
    I think they need to address the position in the next draft or get a solid vet like we got in McGahee to spell him.

Yeah, but we have Peyton Manning, Wes Welker, DT, Decker, Montee Ball, Von Miller, Wesley Woodyard and Champ Bailey. Im not concerned at all with the AFCW lol.
    Not to mention we took Sean Phillips and SD'd offensive lineman whose name escapes me at this moment
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    baph-

Why do you say RB is a concern? Are there lingering healthy issues with Ryan Matthews? I thought he was pretty good when he actually played.
    yes i am concerned with his injuries, he obviously cant carry the load and needs help. if he doesn't break out this year he will officially be a bust in my mind.

either way we need someone else to help him out, whether he has a break out season or not. i still feel that he can be good when healthy as he has proven he can be but i would be lying if i said his injuries and ball security don't concern me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by orangebarrel View Post
    Yeah, but we have Peyton Manning, Wes Welker, DT, Decker, Montee Ball, Von Miller, Wesley Woodyard and Champ Bailey. Im not concerned at all with the AFCW lol.
    Not to mention we took Sean Phillips and SD'd offensive lineman whose name escapes me at this moment
    Count us out before the season starts. You donkeys are clueless if you think everyone in this division is just going to roll over and you go 6-0.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Count us out before the season starts. You donkeys are clueless if you think everyone in this division is just going to roll over and you go 6-0.
    Clueless about the 6-0? It happened last season.

Why won't it happen again?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

2013 AFC WEST:

Broncos >>>> Chiefs >> Chargers > Raiders

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Clueless about the 6-0? It happened last season.

Why won't it happen again?
    Wow. You obviously don't know football and how rare it is for any team to go undefeated in their division and then repeat it next year. The last time the Broncos went undefeated in the division was in 1998 and they won the superbowl. This last time around the Broncos choked (again) and didn't do squat diddley
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Wow. You obviously don't know football and how rare it is for any team to go undefeated in their division and then repeat it next year. The last time the Broncos went undefeated in the division was in 1998 and they won the superbowl. This last time around the Broncos choked (again) and didn't do squat diddley
    We managed to do the only thing SD can claim as a success.....win the division.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the chargers haven't made the playoffs in two years .
    Chargers fans keep saying the Chargers have not made the playoffs for 2 years....it's three years guys three.

Chiefs,Broncos,Broncos. Know a little bit about your own team for goodness sake
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Chargers fans keep saying the Chargers have not made the playoffs for 2 years....it's three years guys three.

Chiefs,Broncos,Broncos. Know a little bit about your own team for goodness sake
    Yeah....its been more than four calendar years since the Chargers ( Sproles actually) won them a playoff game. Yet the fans still seem to think they are right there and close but just missing a piece or two.