Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    @DJ

Matthews will be a first rounder. He's not unheard of.

An interesting guy is Silas Redd. He's the #1 back on CBS, but honestly, McNeal was SC's more explosive back last year. We'll see how Redd does in his second year in LA and if once again the top back is underwhelming.

A guy I see having a breakout year is QB Daniel Sams KSU

@Sounds

Im not saying he's unhearded but he doesnt get the talk that Marquise Lee of USC and Sammy Watkins of Clemson gets. Brandon Coleman of Rutgers gets chatted up more the Matthews. I think Matthews is the best WR out there. Played against better competition week in and week out and he put up the same kinda numbers all those guys did without the greatest QB play or the threat of another weapon on that offense.

New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week

Quote Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
    Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

2014 NFL Mock Draft

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week
    As a Clemson fan, I love the love Boyd's getting.

But it would be the biggest draft botch in NFL history if Clowney wasn't taken #1 overall. He's the surest thing at #1 overall (barring injury) in years. Clowney has dominated SEC competition...and he's not even 21 yet. Even if my team needed a QB, it would not sit well with me to pass up on possibly the best prospect since Lawrence Taylor.

Otherwise good stuff.

The only thing I see wrong here is they have the Broncos picking 31 and not 32

I can understand Bridgewater for the Jags. But not Boyd over Clowney.

Boyd over Manziel is preposterous

I can see why Boyd over Manziel. Manziel will be, mark my words, heavily scrutinized in the pre-draft process. Everything from his Twitter, to his height (people just don't accept what Russell Wilson disproved), to talk about his offensive line, etc. I really like Johnny Football but the pre-draft process will be interesting.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

I agree with Bridgewater as #1 at the moment. Clowney is the best prospect but a QB is far more important.

I don't think Boyd or Manziel are round one picks, unless they show vast improvement this year.

Their height is a problem, its not everything as Wilson showed, but its harder for shorter QB's.

but the main problem is their accuracy. Wilson was very accurate in college, Boyd and Manziel really struggle with that part of their game and IMO do not look like NFL QB's.

People can talk about the 'read-option', and QB's who are mobile having success.... K/Nick, Wilson, Griffin, Newton, etc................. but they are only successful because they are terrfic passers with great arms.

Being mobile 'helps', but if you are not a good passer then you can't play in this league (as Tebow found out)

I fully agree with this article on Manziel - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rback-prospect

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I can see why Boyd over Manziel. Manziel will be, mark my words, heavily scrutinized in the pre-draft process. Everything from his Twitter, to his height (people just don't accept what Russell Wilson disproved), to talk about his offensive line, etc. I really like Johnny Football but the pre-draft process will be interesting.
    I agree that he will be scrutinized. He has some character issues as well as lack of complete control of the offense, but he is flat out better than Tajh Boyd. Bigger arm (IMO), more athletic, just barely shorter, and plays up to the moment the bigger the moment is (Alabama, Oklahoma).

Heck no to the Browns selection. Weeden is just fine as the starting quarterback. It is extremely idiotic and foolish to draft a quarterback every other year. Furthermore, people went after Colt McCoy for being too small when he is 6'1 215 lbs. Manziel is 6'1 200 lbs. Heck no. Absolutely no way, no how.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Heck no to the Browns selection. Weeden is just fine as the starting quarterback. It is extremely idiotic and foolish to draft a quarterback every other year. Furthermore, people went after Colt McCoy for being too small when he is 6'1 215 lbs. Manziel is 6'1 200 lbs. Heck no. Absolutely no way, no how.
    Never thought I'd hear you say that.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Never thought I'd hear you say that.
    It is foolish and irresponsible to continually draft quarterbacks for the sake of drafting quarterbacks. Weeden was drafted for a reason, if people don't like that, then tough. Colt McCoy was a better quarterback, but the team decided that he was better suited being a backup for the 49ers. So, that leaves Weeden. Weeden is the starting quarterback no matter who his backup may or may not be.

I was against drafting a quarterback last year and I am still against drafting a quarterback for the sake of drafting a quarterback.