Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Also there was a noticeable difference in how Peyton was throwing the ball prior to the Houston game and after the Houston game. The only game we lost after that was against New England, and that was due to poor run defense which we have addressed in the offseason by bringing back Vickerson, signing Knighton, drafting Sylvester Williams, and essentially giving the RE job to Robert Ayers.

Not for nothing, but that Texans game also had the dreaded "replacements" in there officiating. I was at that game and was totally miffed at the blown calls, lack of calls, or calls that took 15 minutes to explain. Totally kills a hurry-up offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    The score is very deceiving due to two amazing special team plays. Peyton was mediocre, Von nor Doom showed up and my hero was getting beat all game.

Regardless of what excuses we all want to use when we played the elite teams we did not look as good. It was the same reoccurring theme. No real push in the run game, Thomas and Decker being, ok and Peyton making games we were clearly outclassed in look competitive in the second half.

I didn't expect the Broncos to make a SB last year. I really didn't. I know chemistry plays a huge role even with a talented team, but when we played teams that mattered we didn't look Ll that great. I also think you all need to stop mentioning the first Bal game. They clearly weren't the same team around the second time because they pretty much neutralized all of our big name players, except Holliday
    Mediocre, meh, he wasn't great, wasn't awful, but he did more than enough to win the game. Had an amazing 7-8 minute drive to give the team the lead and we all know what happened then.

And Champ actually wasn't that awful. He gave up the 2 TD's yes, but in the 2nd half/OT, Smith got 1 catch, he played a solid game. All CB's get beat, it happens. He's human.

And i love how people always use the Holliday TD's as if they didn't happen, are ST's not apart of the game? Bal had one in the SB, if they didn't have one, they lose, great logic!

As others have said, we played those teams early in the season, the team wasn't close to gelling on offense, and even defense for that matter.

Oh, and you act like those games vs "elite" teams were all blowouts.

- NE game, we had 2-3 turnovers which could of changed the game dramatically. McGahee fumbled when it would of been a 3-pt game. Dropped a 4th down pass which would of extended a drive in the 4th. DT got stripped first drive of the game, would of had it at their 20.

- Atl/Hou were 1 stop away from potentially winning those games.

You act like we got blown out, which is far, far from the case.

Idk why anybody keeps feeding this thread

Let's revisit it when we're dominating the hell out of every team we play...

Seriously, we're about to destroy every team in the league...I'm not even playing at all, teams are gna get it handed to em this year

Get ready for a historical season, when we're in the middle of it, let's revisit this thread

We're gna BEAT THE HELL, out of BAL, again...and it'll show that that team got lucky as hell getting that ridiculous cold front and the worst officiatung crew in the playoffs last year...

Trust

The score is very deceiving due to two amazing special team plays. Peyton was mediocre, Von nor Doom showed up and my hero was getting beat all game.

Regardless of what excuses we all want to use when we played the elite teams we did not look as good. It was the same reoccurring theme. No real push in the run game, Thomas and Decker being, ok and Peyton making games we were clearly outclassed in look competitive in the second half.

I didn't expect the Broncos to make a SB last year. I really didn't. I know chemistry plays a huge role even with a talented team, but when we played teams that mattered we didn't look Ll that great. I also think you all need to stop mentioning the first Bal game. They clearly weren't the same team around the second time because they pretty much neutralized all of our big name players, except Holliday
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you are talking about a 13-3 team, right?

Ya they weren't the same team. They got hot at the right time, just like the giants, packers, cardinals and steelers have all done to get to the superbowl

With all due respect to the OP. I feel like your post was almost laughable...why will we not get leads? We added wes welker(better slot receiver than stoke, keeps chains movin, demands attention. Opens up field for dt and decker who will now be covered 1 on 1 more times than not), TK(serious mike wallace type vertical threat), montee ball(great pass blocker, healthy, downhill back with great hands), another returner in mcduffire and ronnie hillman added bulk.

How did we NOT more than replace dooms production? Shaun phillips and q smith will get MORE than 11.5 sacks, derek "big bad wolfe" will see a jump in sacks due to the beefed up penatrating DTs we added inside with knighton and sly. Then theres kayvon and DRC who u didnt even mention when complaining abt how champ cant cover. Great coverage equals more time to rush passers. Our team got scary good thanx to elway and co and i see no reason for them not to go 19-0. With all due respect
    Last edited by themadfanatic; 05-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themadfanatic View Post
    Our team got scary good thanx to elway and co and i see no reason for them not to go 19-0. With all due respect
    This is what i am talking about.

19-0!

Lets go Broncos.

Since you know better than Elway, I'll take your word for it -

'Elway is building the team flawed'

I think I know what you mean there

I think ....

I say we put up a billboard calling for Elway's head!
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

The team doesn't care much for Tony Carter and has made it clear at times. In the week leading up to the Baltimore playoff game there were radio interviews on the Fan and ESPN radio where Carter became the focus. The talk was they felt like he was lazy and took too many plays off. That's exactly what came to pass (punn intended) on the Rahim Moore debacle. As much blame as Moore has had, Tony Carter deserves just as much. Staying with the play and making a tackle in bounds there effectively ends the game. So knowing all of that, I am not surprised to see the team kicking the tires on every DB available-as they should. Elway's job is to always be making the Broncos better.

As for the OP, there are some legitimate points. The team will have some fatal flaws when it comes to design and longevity. That is the nature of today's NFL unless you have a Brady or Manning (early in their career). If you question that-look at this team's record with Cutler, Orton, or Tebow and compare it to the record with Manning. This team is being built to win NOW and next season. After that, prepare to rebuild to some degree (unless Os is the 2nd coming of Brady).

I would like to be the first to agree with the OP on this issue. Look at the facts.... Von Miller is quite good, but will never be able to duplicate what Maurice Clarrett did for the Broncos. Manning likewise is OK up to a point, but he is no Ingle Martin. DT, Decker, Stokes, Welker just don't measure up to Marcus Nash, and don't get me started on the running game either. The only thing our new guy will have in common with Ron Dayne is they both come from Wisconsin. I sure hope Elway reads this thread before it is too late and we end up in the basement.

To the OP: Even if you're correct, which you're highly not, what do you suggest we do? Protest? Call Elway? Call Bowlen? Sign a petition? Picket outside Dove Valley? Cry?

These threads are kinda ridiculous. For one, we have no clue what Elway's intentions or strategies are. And so far he's done a pretty amazing job getting this franchise back to respectable. I think I'll put my faith in the FO. This isn'tllike we're dealing with Matt Millen here.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    You really believe that it was over that

Elway could of settled the contract instead of letting it drag on so long if he really wanted Doom.

He wanted Champ that's why Champ got his bonus!
    Doom simply was not worth the money he wanted. His ego was over inflated by his agent pumping smoke up his butt.

Doom is a great pass rusher, but is not the superstar DE that plays all downs in any situation. Plain and simple. Not worth the money.

Looks like John replaced him with a MUCH cheaper long term solution. Not to mention a two year rental for a heck of a lot less in Phillips.

Everyone was stroking doom ( who again is a great teammate and locker room presence) but that does not just allow him to come in on passing downs.

Doom screwed the pooch in this situation. Himself yeah I want it, no not enough ask for a bit more , yeah ok send me the paper work, wait this needs to be changed, yep ok let's do it. All of this before a HUGE ROSTER bonus decision time.

If he was have as smart as some think he should have been at KINKOs and had his agent send him the documents there and instantly sent it back. OR PAID A HUNDRED BUCKS for a fax machine at home.

We are not talking about a Mensa candidate here and his agent did him no favors.

Hell if I were an agent before starting to negotiate I'd have a fax machine sent to my moron clients home, girlfriends place and hotel if he was stupid enough to go on vacation during contract talks.

There was no excuse that Doom could have made to miss out on resigning. Other than he was in surgery and under anesthesia.

A really stupid move not to have taken the original offer. Hell the move alone will cost him more than he would have lost not taking the offer in the first place.