Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I second that bet. If Fannin stays healthy, he beats out Ball all day long.

Off topic but didn't want to create a new thread for this but...

Did anybody else notice Manny Rameriez taking 1st team reps at Center in the photo gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieC View Post
    I second that bet. If Fannin stays healthy, he beats out Ball all day long.
    Why? Seriously. What's the obsession with an undrafted FA RB who played average in college. This guy reminds me of Wesley Duke the way he's treated like the second coming on these boards. I mean the guy didn't even cracked 500 yards in season at Auburn.

I just looked at yds/rush. In his worst yr, he still averaged 4.4 yds per carry. His 4 yr average was 5.9 yds per carry. You are right, he did not average a lot of total yds or touchdowns, but he was great at moving the chains, and blocking, and that's what we will need this year from our running backs. Also, I like to route for the underdog sometimes. (Fannin and J.Thomas have been my underdogs for the last couple of years. So now you have it.) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Off topic but didn't want to create a new thread for this but...

Did anybody else notice Manny Rameriez taking 1st team reps at Center in the photo gallery?
    I believe Walton still isn't back to full health and that is why Manny is there.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I believe Walton still isn't back to full health and that is why Manny is there.
    I had a feeling that was why.. But also I wonder if Rameriez is an upgrade over Walton.

I doubt it though

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Why? Seriously. What's the obsession with an undrafted FA RB who played average in college. This guy reminds me of Wesley Duke the way he's treated like the second coming on these boards. I mean the guy didn't even cracked 500 yards in season at Auburn.
    No one said he is the second coming. Auburn was RB by committee that included Cam Newton taking a lot of carries as well. Prior to that he played behind a supremely talented Ben Tate. It the fact that Lance Ball sucks, and Fannin has a lot more to offer in terms of versatility. He also looked good in limited carries at Auburn (I followed him when he was coming out and wanted to take a flier in the 7th on him). As for him not cracking 500 yards, that is false. He cracked 500 all purpose yardage 3 our of 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by causticon View Post
    I've never understood the hatred for a 4th string running back. Ball plays special teams. I just understand it.
    Very poorly

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    No one said he is the second coming. Auburn was RB by committee that included Cam Newton taking a lot of carries as well. Prior to that he played behind a supremely talented Ben Tate. It the fact that Lance Ball sucks, and Fannin has a lot more to offer in terms of versatility. He also looked good in limited carries at Auburn (I followed him when he was coming out and wanted to take a flier in the 7th on him). As for him not cracking 500 yards, that is false. He cracked 500 all purpose yardage 3 our of 4 years.
    I'm talking about rushing stats. The RB runs the ball. That is what I look at when analyzing a RB. Fannin hasn't even had one preseason carry. Coming off of two injuries, I fail to see the justification in calling him a versatile player who is way better than Ball. Only way he replaces him on the roster is if he can contribute more on special teams than Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'm talking about rushing stats. The RB runs the ball. That is what I look at when analyzing a RB. Fannin hasn't even had one preseason carry. Coming off of two injuries, I fail to see the justification in calling him a versatile player who is way better than Ball. Only way he replaces him on the roster is if he can contribute more on special teams than Lance.
    Never said he is way better than Ball. Never even said he'd make the roster. Simply that if it comes down to him and ball and he remains healthy I believe it will be him. Why? Because he had a lot of talent at Auburn, he flashed in previous training camps and also in previous training camps prior to getting hurt he was ahead of Ball on the depth chart and had seen reps at FB/RB/KR implying not only can he return on special teams but he can block. Not to mention he was even rumored in camps to be used occasionally as a slot guy given his receiving abilities. Obviously not on the first team. Ball hasn't proven anything when healthy. He isn't a solid option if anything he's been a liability. I've seen make 6 good runs out of ball his entire career in Denver. Again, I don't think either makes the team and Fannin is PS eligible so if he makes it, he fits in there

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    Never said he is way better than Ball. Never even said he'd make the roster. Simply that if it comes down to him and ball and he remains healthy I believe it will be him. Why? Because he had a lot of talent at Auburn, he flashed in previous training camps and also in previous training camps prior to getting hurt he was ahead of Ball on the depth chart and had seen reps at FB/RB/KR implying not only can he return on special teams but he can block. Not to mention he was even rumored in camps to be used occasionally as a slot guy given his receiving abilities. Obviously not on the first team. Ball hasn't proven anything when healthy. He isn't a solid option if anything he's been a liability. I've seen make 6 good runs out of ball his entire career in Denver. Again, I don't think either makes the team and Fannin is PS eligible so if he makes it, he fits in there
    Fair enough. Don't know why I'm sticking up for Ball so much. Just feel like he gets a lot of unwarranted hate for a 4th string RB. Just don't really understand the obsession with Fannin the past few years. Plus, I own three Lance Ball Jerseys, seeing him cut would be devastating

Gerell Robinsosn
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Gerell Robinsosn
    I went to a couple training camp days last year and Robinson definitely flashed at times and made people notice him. I would love for him to make the team. Having big receivers like we do makes Mannings job that much easier by having a much larger catch radius.

I can't wait for training camp this year

To me, Mario Fannin won't make the roster. Reports are the that he "didn't look like he's regained his speed. He ran tentatively and failed to impress as a receiver out of the backfield" I was never high on him anyway. I think it is more likely that CJ Anderson would make the roster over him but it depends on how many backs we want to carry. I think we keep 4 max. Montee Ball and Hillman are locks. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to see both Willis Mcgahee and Knowshon Moreno cut. We might keep Hester if we want a RB/FB but I doubt it. If we keep Willis or Knowshon then that means either we keep Ball or Anderson. I would choose Anderson.

The other person is Quincy McDuffie. He is 5'10" and and weighs a staggering 178 pounds. He's an UDFA from UCF. His Career stats are 92 REC 1102 Yards with 7 Touchdowns. He is a lot like Trindon Holliday but he is more of a natural receiver. He made some plays during the Rookie Minicamp and has continued into OTA's If anything he could be Hollidays backup. He has 6 kickoff returns for touchdowns which is important. If you combine all of his touchdowns together (Receiving, Rushing and Kickoffs) it equals out to 17. It would be a surprise if he made it but I think he has a chance.

These are just my opinions based on what I would do which holds as little weight has possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignbowZnPwnyZ View Post
    To me, Mario Fannin won't make the roster. Reports are the that he "didn't look like he's regained his speed. He ran tentatively and failed to impress as a receiver out of the backfield" I was never high on him anyway. I think it is more likely that CJ Anderson would make the roster over him but it depends on how many backs we want to carry. I think we keep 4 max. Montee Ball and Hillman are locks. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to see both Willis Mcgahee and Knowshon Moreno cut. We might keep Hester if we want a RB/FB but I doubt it. If we keep Willis or Knowshon then that means either we keep Ball or Anderson. I would choose Anderson.

The other person is Quincy McDuffie. He is 5'10" and and weighs a staggering 178 pounds. He's an UDFA from UCF. His Career stats are 92 REC 1102 Yards with 7 Touchdowns. He is a lot like Trindon Holliday but he is more of a natural receiver. He made some plays during the Rookie Minicamp and has continued into OTA's If anything he could be Hollidays backup. He has 6 kickoff returns for touchdowns which is important. If you combine all of his touchdowns together (Receiving, Rushing and Kickoffs) it equals out to 17. It would be a surprise if he made it but I think he has a chance.

These are just my opinions based on what I would do which holds as little weight has possible.
    What reports?