Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    related story from nfl.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...layoff-misplay

Del Rio: Rahim Moore, Broncos 'over' playoff misplay

The Denver Broncos are moving on from Rahim Moore's ghastly misplay that led to Jacoby Jones' game-tying touchdown in the 38-35 playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

"I think he's over it; I think we're all over it, you know," defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio told The Associated Press. "I think we all look back and see things that we could have done better ... We want to feel the sting of what went bad. And we want to get ready to be better this year."

Executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox both have talked up Moore recently, underscoring the young safety's advances in his second season, and hoping he improves his play in an equivalent manner in 2013. Del Rio echoed those thoughts.

"I feel like that's the way with the rest of us; he's no different," Del Rio said. "It may be more publicized, there may be more people interested in it. In terms of us internally here, we all feel like there's things we can do better and we're all looking to grow. I put him in the same category. I think he had a really solid year last year after a disappointing first year, and he should be able to build on that and be better this year."

The positive words haven't necessarily stopped the Broncos' brass from searching for potential help at the safety spot, possibly in case Moore implodes. The Broncos offered Charles Woodson a contract, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported last week, but the veteran left Dove Valley without signing.

Moore has yet to meet the media mob since the playoff loss. He might have no choice Monday when Broncos players will meet for organized team activities.

How the safety handles the deluge of questions might go a long way in displaying if he really is past the big mishap -- like his coaches claim.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    - But Rahim makes one bad play, and he's the GOAT, and you'll never forgive him. You must be a blast to hang out with.
    I will forgive him when his play makes up for blowing our season, not for saying sorry.

Jeez...a bunch of guys who don't know much about football. Probably never played it. 11 guys ALL have to do their jobs to prevent a score. Rahim was just the last man standing. It never should have come down to him. He is a stud, a GREAT safety and he will show you more this year.

Get over it...it just wasn't our time.

Quote Originally Posted by mray View Post
    Jeez...a bunch of guys who don't know much about football. Probably never played it. 11 guys ALL have to do their jobs to prevent a score. Rahim was just the last man standing. It never should have come down to him. He is a stud, a GREAT safety and he will show you more this year.

Get over it...it just wasn't our time.
    I played, so null point. Both Fox and Elway have called that play the "turning point" in the game. Given the situation and given Moore was in stride with Jones before he stopped and toppled over, I put the game on him. Name any other Bronco who got beat in that game and I can give you a Raven (or ref) who was the cause. There was no Raven player responsible for Moore's screwup. He beat himself and blew our lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    I played, so null point. Both Fox and Elway have called that play the "turning point" in the game. Given the situation and given Moore was in stride with Jones before he stopped and toppled over, I put the game on him. Name any other Bronco who got beat in that game and I can give you a Raven (or ref) who was the cause. There was no Raven player responsible for Moore's screwup. He beat himself and blew our lead.
    Moore was far from being "in stride" with Jones. Just to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo View Post
    Moore was far from being "in stride" with Jones. Just to clarify.
    At the angle he had on Jones, I believe they would have crossed paths before the ball arrived if he didn't turn around and backpedal.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan