Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Best places to eat in downtown Denver

Hi, i am coming to Denver from the UK to watch the Monday night game against the Raiders on 23rd September. Can anybody tell me the best (cheapest) places to eat in downtown Denver please? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Cheers

I know the locals will have a few more and varying opinions. But on my trip, I loved the Buckhorn. Oldest restaurant in the town and filled with history. Lots of exotic meats, good food, live music, and great atmosphere. Rattlesnake dip was "off da' chain"!

This should be in the "Anything But Football" section.

I don't know much about downtown Denver restruants, but I like White Fence Farm. (This is in Lakewood, but it's close enough)

Willie G's...Oysters Rockefeller!
    [

Sams No 3 is great for diner food. Downtown Denver doesn't have a lot of cheaper spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos 58 View Post
    Hi, i am coming to Denver from the UK to watch the Monday night game against the Raiders on 23rd September. Can anybody tell me the best (cheapest) places to eat in downtown Denver please? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    ELWAYS ....its in the ritz downtown...give them a shout ....addy and phone should be easy to google

Ooops just realized you wanted CHEAPER...DIS REGUARD

Lol ok I'm not even going to mention that one place

Good places to eat (pretty expensive though) are the Buckhorn Exchange, Elways, and pretty much every restaurant downtown.

If you like burgers then The Cherry Cricket is the best. I've had a 20 dollar burger at one of Gordon Ramsays restaurants and it still couldn't beat the Cherry Cricket. It's located right by Elways in cherry creek.

If you like pizza then go to Beaujos. I'm not sure if they have a restaurant downtown though.

Wazee supper club has good prices as well
    Last edited by VenomousDB; 05-23-2013 at 09:17 AM.

The tilted Kilt is pretty boring food....but the Scenery is GREAT!!

When I was there is seems a lot of the out of towners in for the game were there and it was a good time.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Cheaper? Sams no. 3. Not going to find a lot of "cheap" places in downtown. Do yourself a favor and hot up a good local place and not worry too much an about the price at least once. There's a ton of good pizza spots too. Lucky Pie or Sexy Pizza come to mind. Buenos Aires too.

Buckhorn, Elways, etc places like that are $$$$ and I honestly think Elways is overrated. Mortons is a much better steakhouse for the exorbitant price you're paying.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Cheaper? Sams no. 3. Not going to find a lot of "cheap" places in downtown. Do yourself a favor and hot up a good local place and not worry too much an about the price at least once. There's a ton of good pizza spots too. Lucky Pie or Sexy Pizza come to mind. Buenos Aires too.

Buckhorn, Elways, etc places like that are $$$$ and I honestly think Elways is overrated. Mortons is a much better steakhouse for the exorbitant price you're paying.
    Hey watch youyr language

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

I agree about Elway's. But it's one of "pilgrimage stops". If you're a Bronco fan and making your first trip to Denver, u have to make time for Elway's, even if it's for late lunch/early dinner. Nothing like eating an over priced, instant "olive garden-esque", meal with the thought that "HE" might just walk in. U know its not gonna happen, but when u get up to go to the can and see the "Helicopter" and "The Trophy" photos on the walls by the bar, u just gotta dream, lol!!!

I like the Wishbone its about 8 miles northwest of downtown Denver in Westminster off of N federal blvd and 97th ave they have IMO the best chicken in town alone with some fantastic T-bones and drum stick size shrimp.

Or there is the Melting Pot about the same distance southwest of D-town in Littleton, however they are a lil bit pricey.

I understand your looking for places in the city but if you want to go cheaper, you'll most likely have to go outside of downtown a little ways. But don't worry both places serve really good food and are very classy yet casual.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Welcome to Broncomania Broncos 58!

Your best bet is to use something like this;

http://denver.diningguide.com/dl1dt.htm

I picked Downtown, as that was what you indicated.

There's so much to choose from, it would be hard to suggest just a few. Use something like that, and then ask your hotel's Concierge, what he or she likes (or doesn't) from your list of choices.

Have a safe trip and a good game!

Well since your coming from the UK. The exchange rate alone is going to make most meals look cheap to you. So your options are wide open

Close to downtown, Casa Bonita. Fine spanish food, good margaritas and fun family atmosphere.