Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Close to downtown, Casa Bonita. Fine spanish food, good margaritas and fun family atmosphere.

http://www.casabonitadenver.com/

Even with the exchange rate, your gonna feel ripped off after dinner at Casa Bonita if it's just you. Or just you an another adult.

However, it's a great place to take little kids. Cheap mexican food, at lower quality than Taco Bell, but with an atmosphere that the kids love. They loved the caves and cliff divers, and had a blast playing the crappy games. of course, going home with something. They sell toys and a LOT of candy if I remember right.

My kids liked it when they were little, but I wont be going back until I have grandkids in the 5 to 10 age group.

Amazingly, it'll probably still be there! (I have no grandkids or prospects for any at the moment.)

Honestly, I don't know if Casa Bonita is even worth the drive from Downtown, let alone CAB FARE. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Last edited by JWinn; 05-23-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I agree about Elway's. But it's one of "pilgrimage stops". If you're a Bronco fan and making your first trip to Denver, u have to make time for Elway's, even if it's for late lunch/early dinner. Nothing like eating an over priced, instant "olive garden-esque", meal with the thought that "HE" might just walk in. U know its not gonna happen, but when u get up to go to the can and see the "Helicopter" and "The Trophy" photos on the walls by the bar, u just gotta dream, lol!!!
    olive garden esque? Hardly

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    http://www.casabonitadenver.com/

Even with the exchange rate, your gonna feel ripped off after dinner at Casa Bonita if it's just you. Or just you an another adult.

However, it's a great place to take little kids. Cheap mexican food, at lower quality than Taco Bell, but with an atmosphere that the kids love. They loved the caves and cliff divers, and had a blast playing the crappy games. of course, going home with something. They sell toys and a LOT of candy if I remember right.

My kids liked it when they were little, but I wont be going back until I have grandkids in the 5 to 10 age group.

Amazingly, it'll probably still be there! (I have no grandkids or prospects for any at the moment.)

Honestly, I don't know if Casa Bonita is even worth the drive from Downtown, let alone CAB FARE. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

The cab fare would be riddiculous because he'd have to a round trip. haha I don't think he'd want to be catching the bus through edge water. But anyway I agree with you on the food (aside from the cheese enchiladas) although I don't think they are anything more than a TV dinner they are somewhat decent but hey maybe all that's changed because I'm to understand that its been under new ownership the past couple years.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
    The cab fare would be riddiculous because he'd have to a round trip. haha I don't think he'd want to be catching the bus through edge water. But anyway I agree with you on the food (aside from the cheese enchiladas) although I don't think they are anything more than a TV dinner they are somewhat decent but hey maybe all that's changed because I'm to understand that its been under new ownership the past couple years.

A TV dinner is a perfect description of the food at CB.

But yeah, I am the same. It's been a long time since I have been there. I suppose it could be better now. It sure couldn't be much worse, that's for sure.

I forgot about returning cab fare. Deal breaker, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    olive garden esque? Hardly
    That may have been a bad example, but u get the gist.

Hi, thank you all very much for all of the suggestions they are most helpful. Really looking forward to my first experience of a Broncos game and a visit to Denver.
    Cheers

That may have been a bad example, but u get the gist.
    I dunno. Ive been to a lot of steakhouses around Denver and several in Las Vegas. I think Elways is up there

Heres another little artisan place I recently found Downtown. It's pretty good.
    http://www.thrillist.com/food/denver...ing_shops_wine

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I dunno. Ive been to a lot of steakhouses around Denver and several in Las Vegas. I think Elways is up there
    It's a fancy Outback, (that was the example I wanted, but couldn't think of). The steak is good, won't deny that, but not worth the price. But what is worth the price, is the feeling of "This is John "friggin" Elway's place!

Close to downtown, Casa Bonita. Fine spanish food, good margaritas and fun family atmosphere.
    MAN! Going there as a 9 year old kid back in 1975 the first time, was a MIND blowing experience! Its changed a lot, but still a good time, and not all that expensive!
    oh YEAH?

It's a fancy Outback, (that was the example I wanted, but couldn't think of). The steak is good, won't deny that, but not worth the price. But what is worth the price, is the feeling of "This is John "friggin" Elway's place!
    The difference is outback doesn't have a $23 meatloaf.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    The difference is outback doesn't have a $23 meatloaf.
    Is it autographed?

Lol....I'm from Kansas and I know that's not true.....

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Lol....I'm from Kansas and I know that's not true.....
    I heard that casa Bonita is under new management, so it could be lol but I'm not brave enough to go check it out. Lol