Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 241 to 252 of 252
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That article is after Tate got hurt, of course he was being considered the starter at that time, he had already had an impressive training camp. Slaton was still being considered the starter at the time of the draft but was likely going to lose it due to fumbling issues. And Kubiak was raving about Tate when they got him so many expected it to be him. He missed some offseason stuff due to a hamstring and underwhelmed in training camp. It wasn't until training camp that Foster broke ahead of the pack. The Texans did intend for Ben Tate to become the starter, they wouldn't have traded up to get him to play second fiddle to Foster, especially in this capacity. Right now he's essentially a waste of the pick they used to get him and the picks they used to trade for him. The only way they'll get anything from him is to trade him or if Foster gets hurt. Right now it's kind of a bad move for them. There was no way they thought that their undrafted RB who only played well in 2 games against 2 bad run defenses, one of which had already clinched their division and had their starters benched at halftime was going to be the starter going into the regular season.
    What coach doesn't rave about their draft picks? You are wrong dude, flat out. If you weren't I wouldn't have drafted Arian Foster, an undrafted free agent the year prior, in the 3rd round of my fantasy draft in 2010. I followed the situation closely. You're just flat out wrong. I don't know what else to tell you but I'm done discussing it. This thread is about McGahee so let's get back to that.
    Last edited by Matymaddog; 06-16-2013 at 07:04 PM.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    What coach doesn't rave about their draft picks? You are wrong dude, flat out. If you weren't I wouldn't have drafted Arian Foster, an undrafted free agent the year prior, in the 3rd round of my fantasy draft in 2010. I followed the situation closely. You're just flat out wrong. I don't know what else to tell you but I'm done discussing it. This thread is about McGahee so let's get back to that.
    Dude no offense but some dumb fantasy draft doesn't mean crap about real football. Foster was coming off of a year with only 300 yards and opened the next training camp in a competition with ward, Tate and Slaton. I'm sorry your just wrong basing it off no facts but your fantasy draft.

    Others have commented and remember exactly what I'm telling you and all you have said is we are wrong cause you drafted him in your fantasy draft. The texans wouldn't have wasted a second round pick on a RB who hasn't been a impact player because he can't stay healthy if they knew foster was even half as good as he is.
    Last edited by crash123go; 06-17-2013 at 07:26 AM.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,702

    McGahee cut do to Health concerns

    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,340
    Age = health concerns. So yes, file this one away in the "obvious news story is obvious" folder.
    thanks Freyaka

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Thomas is going to get cut this year, Richardson's big time 950 yards is 3 more yards then knowshon had his rookie year, Wilson was benched multiple times for fumbles was only played because Bradshaw got hurt, Tate's really impressing with his whooping 279 yards last year, best is done in the NFL, leshoure has obviously underperformed and if you think Matthews is a impact player you need to get checked for a fever.

    Starter does not equal impact player and these guys are not impact players.

    Even when a guy is a backup, if they show they can make a impact they will get on the field and gerhart and Tate were unable to do that with gerhart only having 50 carries the whole year.

    Past running backs drafted have ZERO effect and show ZERO of what Montee Ball could be. I think he will be a stud but to expect it this year is insane.

    Now you are changing your argument to impact players and not starters to support your claim. Fact, still remians, RBs drafted in the first 2 rounds do not have 10x more fizzle out like you said. They do not sit and wait and develop. They start almost always right away! This is easy to see. Only 1 from your list did not, and the two others (gerhart and Tate) are behind the #1 and #2 best RBs in the Entire NFL!- Once again, RBs drafted in the top 2 rounds almost always start and play a big role for their team.
    --------------------------------


    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I really thought Omon outperformed lance ball last year and deserved to be on the roster instead.

    One thing people are not talking about is McCoy most likely had the call on the offensive players so maybe now with him gone Gase will bounce him! Fingers crossed


    This, on the other hand, I 100% agree with. On everything!
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,941
    Tate was drafted to compete for the starting position and most likely take it. Foster was an unknown at the time.

    As for our RB situation, I think it'll be an upset if Montee doesn't start day one, and if he doesn't somehow, he will be starting sooner than later.

    Playwise I don't think he'll be a star, but I do think he will be a solid starter and keep defenses honest.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,545
    yeah this falls into the "convenient list of reasons" for cutting WM.

    i think he will catch on with another team. he plays hard, seems like a good guy. i'll root for him as long as it doesn't affect us.

  8. #248
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,136
    I think it was that he was going to get beat out by guys 6-10 years his junior.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    If he was cut for health concerns where is his injury settlement?!?! The reason they let him come and work out for one day is to get him on film running and moving to prove he is healthy to void the injury settlement. He was cut cause he is old and would've been the 4th RB on the roster not playing special teams

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7,143
    Old, expensive, fumbles, and injury prone. He would have been great to have as insurance to our other backs, but the move makes sense. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere outside of the division.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,022
    Not sure why so many negative things are said about Willis. The last two years he earned the number 1 spot even two years ago when the coaches were trying to force Moreno into starting action.

    Willis was one of the toughest backs that has played for us in a while.

    My guess is Alex Gibbs is helping to teach our young backs how to be tough in blocking and running style. Anyone who has watched his coaching knows he even got on "the nfl mvp" when he was slacking ... which is imo one of the reasons TD got MVP in the first place

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Now you are changing your argument to impact players and not starters to support your claim. Fact, still remians, RBs drafted in the first 2 rounds do not have 10x more fizzle out like you said. They do not sit and wait and develop. They start almost always right away! This is easy to see. Only 1 from your list did not, and the two others (gerhart and Tate) are behind the #1 and #2 best RBs in the Entire NFL!- Once again, RBs drafted in the top 2 rounds almost always start and play a big role for their team.
    --------------------------------






    This, on the other hand, I 100% agree with. On everything!
    I don't know what you guys don't understand, ya gerhart and Tate are playing behind great RB but if they were any good they would get more reps to save the legs on the starter instead of grinding the starter to dust. Peterson gets 350 carries and gerhart gets 50 is not a good way to save your best players legs and that falls on gerhart not being that good, same thing goes for Tate with foster

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •