Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I am indifferent to this move. While I liked his bruising run style, I won't miss holding my breath expecting a fumble. Ball must be impressing which is promising.

Willis was really good to us when he was here. Good luck to him in the future.

Sigh. Saw it coming but it's always hard when a member of the team/family gets sent packing. I always feel bad for them. But I was concerned with the fumbles and injury. Liked him though. Hope Ball/Moreno do well. We really need a strong run game.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    KM did really well learning the playbook and getting the audibles down last year. I hope he gets carries this year.
    KM is one of the best 3rd down backs in the league. I would be shocked if he was cut.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Definitely wish him well but very excited now to see what Hillman and Ball have to offer this year. I am hoping his release had more to do with how these two have been doing than anything else. All reports have been that these two have been doing well (hard to gauge since pads have not been put on).

I do think him not showing up for OTA's was about the worst decision he could have made for his career. It gave the young guys a chance to show off what they have. This decision makes sense in that come training camp the young guys will get every chance to learn before the season starts instead of having to split carries. It also gives McGahee a chance to try and go find another opportunity. Always impressed by the class act of the Broncos organization towards players.

I'm not going to sit her bashing him saying I'm glad he's gone or anything (which I kinda am) instead I'm just going to say sorry it didn't work out this year and thanks for all you gave us! I was hard on you due to your fumble fingers but at the same time I did like you so thanks for all you gave willis!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Willis was a class act here and I appreciate everything he did, especially during the 2011 playoff run. I can't say that I'm too sad to see him go. It got to a point where my butthole puckered everytime he touched the ball.

WM played very well for us, good luck to him. loved his style of running.

that said...is hester now our "big back", that is, take some of "those" carries WM would be called upon, and do we go after leach?

just a thought.

enjoyed his short run with us and wish the best for him.

Having said that I'm excited to see what Montee Ball can bring to the table. Also, interesting to see what happens with Knowshon and Hillman.

Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

I am not going to hate Willis McGahee for missing OTA, I Like Willis McGahee , but I love the Broncos (I bleed Broncos) I ws not shock I thought Moreno was going to be release instead, but when Willis McGahee didn't show up to OTA (and everyone did: which looks bad on Willis McGahee) I knew he was going to be Release.

Good Luck Willis McGahee, and Thank you for 2011 and 2012

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    KM did really well learning the playbook and getting the audibles down last year. I hope he gets carries this year.
    How KM performed after WM went down and how KM handled the whole benching situation made WM expendable. WM was better for us in the bruising "run it down your throat" clock clock killing Tebow offense, but was more square peg round hole in the finesse uptempo no huddle deadly strike Manning offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
    I am indifferent to this move. While I liked his bruising run style, I won't miss holding my breath expecting a fumble. Ball must be impressing which is promising.
    Thinking the same thing. And worst of all, he did it in major spots!

Willis was solid for us, minus the fumbles last season. This is one of the moves where saying it's just business is appropriate. RBs sometimes get the short end of the stick, but in this case, we've drafted 2 RBs ealry in the past two years, he around 33, coming off a knee tear, broken leg AND skipped 10 OTA practices.....he claimed family reasons, but we all know like most Miami guys, they work out in Miami. Words to the not so wise, "if Peytons at practice, you better be at practice".

No off-field problems, and was a solid Bronco.

I think this move is a GREAT sign for Montee Ball.

The Broncos could have released McGahee at any point in the offseason, but waited until he reported to mini-camp to get a look at him and compare him to what Ball is. The biggest question for Ball was if he could handle the mental side of the offense and be ready to play from Game 1 on.

To me, this means in the minds of the Broncos coaches Montee Ball is ready to be the starting RB right now, and they released McGahee to clear his path.

Look for big things from Montee Ball this season.....AND, don't sleep on CJ Anderson either...just sayin
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 06-13-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Apparently willis has always had issues picking up the playbook.

Might have been a factor as well.

Hooray, beer!

Knew it. Makes the most sense