Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 252
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Lol after 2 mini camps? I'm sorry but no, this a sign that A. Moreno is healthy B. Hillman is balling out
    The fact that Manning is staying after practice not to work with the receivers but to work with Ball should be a sign that both Manning and the FO view Ball as a very important piece on the offense THIS year. Maybe he doesn't start right away but everything at least in my opinion points towards Ball being a major focal point of this offense this year.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    7,437
    Yes, he had a fumbling problem, and yes, he's getting old. But he also had 1930 yds rushing in two seasons for us. Moreno did well when Willis was injured last year, but KM has been injured a lot in his career so I don't know if he can be counted on. I hope Ball is the RB he's expected to be. He probably will be, but I'm always nervous when someone with experience like WM is let go.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    I can see him going to the Chargers.
    I don't see the fit unless Ryan Matthews gets injured again. The Chargers want Matthews to be the guy and to show more consistency. McGahee wants to play. Right now, McGahee would be behind Matthews, Ronnie Brown, and Danny Woodhead. Unfortunately, one team I could see needing McGahee is the Oakland Raiders. Darren McFadden is more fragile than Matthews. Behind McFadden, the Raiders don't have much running back depth.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    His nifty, subtle shifts running inside were awesome. Two issues: 1) Ball control and 2) Pass blocking. People forget how many missed assignments Willis had. Largely why he was 1st/goaline back and nothing more towards the end of his stint with us.

    I disagree with even Shefter in that this means it's good for just Montee. There's little doubt in my mind it'll be a RB by committee approach this year. The days of a bellcow back in this town are gone. Moreno, Hillman, and Ball will all get carries. I'll bet we'll roll with whoever has the hot hand, series by series.
    Last edited by DishWater; 06-13-2013 at 09:24 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    CP bet he gets on with another team and talks smack about Denver.

    Any takers?

    (and before anyone says that he's too classy to do that, just remember even Eddie Royal did it)
    I wouldn't put it past McGahee to bad mouth the Broncos or the City of Denver now that he is no longer here given his history. See http://www.aolnews.com/2007/03/25/wi...ut-of-buffalo/. Hopefully, McGahee has matured and realizes that the Broncos were very good to him during his two years in Denver.
    Last edited by RSH; 06-13-2013 at 09:32 AM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I'm willing to bet Ball starts more games this season than any other RB. He may not start right away, but Peyton seems to really like Ball and I think he has the most talent.
    He will and he will start right away from day 1. Dont worry about crash, he doesnt like the ball pick.

    I find it truly amazing how much this board sleeps on montee ball. He will be the starter from day 1 period. Hillman will be the COP- the rest will get limited action anyhow.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    The fact that Manning is staying after practice not to work with the receivers but to work with Ball should be a sign that both Manning and the FO view Ball as a very important piece on the offense THIS year. Maybe he doesn't start right away but everything at least in my opinion points towards Ball being a major focal point of this offense this year.
    I think it points to them trying to get Ball mentally caught up to Hillman and Moreno. To me Hillman is our best RB and will be our starter this year with Ball/Moreno getting spot duty as the closer and goal line RB

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He will and he will start right away from day 1. Dont worry about crash, he doesnt like the ball pick.

    I find it truly amazing how much this board sleeps on montee ball. He will be the starter from day 1 period. Hillman will be the COP- the rest will get limited action anyhow.
    Don't speak for me, you don't know me. I love the ball pick after the fact I just think Hillman has the edge and is a more physically talented RB. Plus I go off the stats, ZERO rookie RB have EVER carried the ball more then 180 under John fox, 2 first rounders are in that list, what makes ball different?

    The only thing that says hillman will be the cop back is his size, lets not talk about his 600+ carries in 2 years in college as SD states offense

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by 80stheman View Post
    Yes, he had a fumbling problem, and yes, he's getting old. But he also had 1930 yds rushing in two seasons for us. Moreno did well when Willis was injured last year, but KM has been injured a lot in his career so I don't know if he can be counted on. I hope Ball is the RB he's expected to be. He probably will be, but I'm always nervous when someone with experience like WM is let go.
    Moreno is a less expensive option. Moreno is six years younger than McGahee. Moreno has much less wear and tear on his body. McGahee has had much more severe injuries during his football career dating back to college. Moreno is a better receiver than McGahee. I think those are just some of the reasons the move was made today.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,474
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Most of us saw this coming... I guess knowshon is getting healthy
    Gotta wonder if he's gettin nervous too.

    Never know

    Could mean he's more secure but 2 high RB draft picks in 2 years doesn't exactly give me confidence KnowMo will be around for much longer. Of course it makes sense if he earns a roster spot to keep him one last year if they are in fact looking to replace him too.
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I think it points to them trying to get Ball mentally caught up to Hillman and Moreno. To me Hillman is our best RB and will be our starter this year with Ball/Moreno getting spot duty as the closer and goal line RB
    I can see some of that...I guess with Hillman I will wait to see some of how he does with pads on. If he has not improved his inside running I just have a hard time seeing him getting that many more carries than any of the other guys. I do like the idea of Hillman in the hurry up though with his speed and big play ability. I could see though more switching every series to get fresh legs in especially when we are running the hurry up.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,938
    I believe there were several factors involved in the decision;
    1. WM was not good at catching the ball.
    2. WM had a serious fumbling problem, and would have been benched last season had we had another RB to turn to. KM was still getting healthy from the previous season.
    3. When the rest of the team showed up at OTAs to try and improve over last season, WM sat down in Miami. He obviously did not feel he needed to improve. The fact that he was released this early, tells me that Ball is tearing it up. If WM wanted to stay in Denver, he should have been out there with Peyton.
    4. We have a stacked roster on RB and most of the others do the little things better than WM. McGahee was a great runner between the tackles, but the other duties of a RB are just as important and in those other areas he was weak. Moreno does all the little things much better than McGahee ever did.
    5. I would say that Peyton had a lot to do with it. Peyton wants another ring and he want his team mates to be as hungry as he is. McGahee showed that he was not hungry enough.

    The emphasis this season has been all about doing the little things better this season than we did last season. That will not happen without team reps. As good as Peyton is, even he came out to try and improve, and he is the one player that could have got away with sitting out.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    I can see some of that...I guess with Hillman I will wait to see some of how he does with pads on. If he has not improved his inside running I just have a hard time seeing him getting that many more carries than any of the other guys. I do like the idea of Hillman in the hurry up though with his speed and big play ability. I could see though more switching every series to get fresh legs in especially when we are running the hurry up.
    I just think the offense will be the most dynamic in the league with the big 3 at WR, Hillman at RB and JT at TE

  14. #74
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,136
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I think it points to them trying to get Ball mentally caught up to Hillman and Moreno. To me Hillman is our best RB and will be our starter this year with Ball/Moreno getting spot duty as the closer and goal line RB
    Hope he's increased his pass protection ability by like 200%.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,474
    Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    Definitely wish him well but very excited now to see what Hillman and Ball have to offer this year. I am hoping his release had more to do with how these two have been doing than anything else. All reports have been that these two have been doing well (hard to gauge since pads have not been put on).

    I do think him not showing up for OTA's was about the worst decision he could have made for his career. It gave the young guys a chance to show off what they have. This decision makes sense in that come training camp the young guys will get every chance to learn before the season starts instead of having to split carries. It also gives McGahee a chance to try and go find another opportunity. Always impressed by the class act of the Broncos organization towards players.
    Maybe he knew this was coming too and if it was coming regardless - not showing up to camp might actually have been the right call on his part.
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •