Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NFL Adjusts Stadium Bag Policy

LINK

To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into stadiums, NFL teams will implement an NFL policy this year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into stadiums.

The NFL Committee on Stadium Security in May unanimously recommended the implementation of this measure that will enhance public safety and make it easier for fans to gain access to all stadiums.

The NFL strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but outlined today what is permissible. Beginning with preseason games, fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:

•Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com), or

•One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).

•Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.

•An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

Fans will continue to be able to enjoy their tailgate activities in the parking lots and to do so with greater safety and the knowledge that their entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster. They also will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium, such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones.

As the 2013 season approaches, we encourage fans to visit individual NFL team websites for specific stadium information.

For a league that tries to market to women with pink jerseys, etc.. I find it funny that the NFL doesn't want women to bring purses to games (unless of course they are tote bags that can be bought from the NFL). They claim this is for "safety". But really, it's just a marketing play to increase sales of their official tote bags.

I saw this earlier.

I understand safety. I have no problems following the rules for this. But when I saw this:

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com)

I guess I'm going to carry a gallon clear plastic freezer bag.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Well thank god the new policy won't effect the Chiefs and Browns fans from having a good time.

New clear bag policy

So, what is your opinion on the new policy for clear bags at the stadium. I think it's ridiculous, my fanny is going to freeze without my seat cushion. Anyway, I'm ready for a winning season! Go Broncos!

Those bags are not clear and they exceed 12" x 6". So, those are prohibited. Also, that `jersey` is discontinued which makes it an outdated photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Those bags are not clear and they exceed 12" x 6". So, those are prohibited. Also, that `jersey` is discontinued which makes it an outdated photo.
    Lol Charlie wins in a knockout!

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

I think this is going to create a problem for quite a bit of people honestly. I know a bunch of people who like to bring in a bag of stuff, and I admit I do it also once in a while. You bet I brought my bag full of gloves and blankets to the LAST game.

But I understand why this came about. Here's a picture of why:

[/URL]

It's amazing how many people wait until the last minute to enter the stadium, and then complain about how long it takes, despite knowing it's going to take that long to go in with 2 minutes to go.

That, and of course it's a reaction to the Boston Marathon bombing. Once anything is used in an event like that, such as a backpack, that item becomes a dangerous weapon in the eyes of authorities everywhere. Now anyone with a backpack can be carrying bomb.

See flying with those terrible, long known weapons of mass destruction, the dreaded SHOES!

Just like in the airport, we are going to have to adjust to our changing ideas of security at sporting events. Some rules will help, other will just be a PIA.

Unfortunately, this rule probably won't do much for anything. People will still wait until the last minute to go in, and people bent on destruction will find another way to accomplish their goals.

Seat cushions I don't get. They give those out at Super Bowls. And now they are potential weapons?

I don't really have a problem with the clear bags, but like JWinn said, banning seat cushions is just dumb. Apparently some explosives are in gel form and they can be hidden in seat cushions.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Just because that jersey is discontinued doesn't mean that nobody owns them any more.

And the brown paper bags can easily be folded up and placed in a clear bag or hidden in someone's pocket, waistband, etc. Seems like the NFL might be following the Monfort's policies now.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    I think this is going to create a problem for quite a bit of people honestly. I know a bunch of people who like to bring in a bag of stuff, and I admit I do it also once in a while. You bet I brought my bag full of gloves and blankets to the LAST game.

But I understand why this came about. Here's a picture of why:

[/URL]

It's amazing how many people wait until the last minute to enter the stadium, and then complain about how long it takes, despite knowing it's going to take that long to go in with 2 minutes to go.

That, and of course it's a reaction to the Boston Marathon bombing. Once anything is used in an event like that, such as a backpack, that item becomes a dangerous weapon in the eyes of authorities everywhere. Now anyone with a backpack can be carrying bomb.

See flying with those terrible, long known weapons of mass destruction, the dreaded SHOES!

Just like in the airport, we are going to have to adjust to our changing ideas of security at sporting events. Some rules will help, other will just be a PIA.

Unfortunately, this rule probably won't do much for anything. People will still wait until the last minute to go in, and people bent on destruction will find another way to accomplish their goals.

Seat cushions I don't get. They give those out at Super Bowls. And now they are potential weapons?

That sums up my feeling completely. I don't have a huge issue with it, honestly.
    Administrator

clear bag has been a problem in oakland for years people always be sneaking in bottles for drink and then for throwing

Yeah, it's not a huge problem for me yet. Of course, it's June....

But come October? Yeah, it's gonna be a problem at some games. For one, Mugo won't be able to go anymore. I NEED my bag (that just fits into the old limit thingy at the gate) for the hands, the mask, and all the crap I end up with by the end of the game.

And honestly, by the end of EVERY game, I have a bunch of crap to carry. Gameday giveaways, programs, cups, and anything I bought at that game.

Gorilla costumes don't have pocketses.

Years ago when my son was 6 or so, he got a plastic Bronco helmet that fit him at the team store one game, and got it signed by Miles. He wore it to the next game, and the guy at the gate told him he couldn't bring it in.

Now I sometimes have struggled to get my kids to games. They are not into it like I am, and this one time my son finally gets really into it, wears a jersey, some white pants we found, and sported the helmet, goes all out, and what does the idiot at the gate gate say? "YOU CAN'T WEAR THAT INTO...."

Are you kidding me? He can't wear what he BOUGHT AT stadium INTO IT? Have you ever SEEN the Barrelman or the Bronconator? Never heard of those guys huh?

Fortunately, Snow White and someone from GR was right there, and came to our rescue.

Anyway, we will all have to leave stuff behind from now on when we go into the game and live with it. And it probably won't stop there. before long, someone will do something at an NFL game, or an MLB game, and we will get the same scanners they have at airports.

And courts.

And at more and more government offices. And more and more museums. All the Smithsonian museums have scanners you walk thru to enter.

They will come to stadiums eventually. Just you watch.

In the name of security, and in our ever increasingly hostile society, it won't be long before we need to walk thru those things just to go to the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by Junn Hoard View Post
    clear bag has been a problem in oakland for years people always be sneaking in bottles for drink and then for throwing

We get that too. Nothing like Oakland though, no doubt.

At the Steeler AFCCG in 05 we had a guy sneak in a bottle of Stoly. A full one liter bottle! He tried to throw it at the end of the game from the Club level, but was so drunk he didn't notice the 5 OR 6 cops standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

He stood up, lifted the still half full bottle to throw it, and the cops all went "HEY!!". He dropped it and fled into the crowd.

LInda from GR got it and showed it to me.

Someone at the gate didn't do his job searching that guy very well.

Does this mean they aren't allowing bombs either?

No Fun League.
    Rogue Colts Fan