Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Wow... Just wow.

But I have to be honest.

If a terrorist wanted to hit a high profile target killing thousands, then one of our NFL stadiums is a prime target. I have actually thought this for years since 9/11.

I don't mind all the extra security and in fact embrace it. Yes.. it seems ridiculous and extreme at times, but let's face it. These are not the old days anymore. It only takes ONE person to get by and cause havoc and chaos.

Do the regular season ticket goers agree and appreciate the additional restrictions? No. But they must adapt and understand the type of world we live in.

The attacks of 9/11 occurred the next morning after our Invesco Field opening happened on 9/10 against the New York Giants. The terrorists could have made a target on our new stadium but chose NY City the morning after for a larger impact and they did succeed with their goal.

Stadium security should be a larger concern and the way stadiums are adjusting to their security measures should be accepted and not demoralized. Accept what it is and adjust accordingly.

JWinn.. and all other ticket holders that attend the games: It only takes ONE person to turn a game into a disastrous news event. The all too often late comers should adjust their schedules to show up at games in plenty of time and not complain about it.

We've had to do that at airports since then so why not an NFL game? It's always bothered me anyway why so many people pay so much money for a ticket yet don't show up in plenty of time.

great thoughtful post..

I suspect you never saw the movie Black Sunday. IIRC it was flying a plane into a stadium..

Then there was the one with a nuclear blast during Superbowl.. a Clancy novel IIRC, but could be wrong..

SO this is nothing new for security.. I suspect that someone clued the NFL in that there may be a credible threat or they would not have announced it so soon..

BTW how much damage could be done with a couple of motor-homes filled with explosive parked outside in the tailgaters area?

IMO If some one stops going to football games because of a security increase at stadiums then indeed the morons have won..

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1577 View Post
    TImes have changed and large events like football games are going to have more and more security. So people need to follow the rules which are generally fairly simple. Otherwise you will hold up lines and cause more headaches and problems for everyone.

I was at Arrowhead for the Denver/KC game last November and they were using a metal detecting wand on everyone coming in. We missed about the first 4 minutes of the game because some idiot was in front of us tried to carry in a 6-inch folding knife on him. There is a big sign that says no guns, knives etc. I also saw someone do this at the airport in Omaha when I was flying to Denver 3 years ago to go to my first ever Bronco game.

In my opinion if you can't sit at a game for 3 hours without having to bring bags of items to the game or a stupid 6 inch folding knife then stay at home. I know concessions at the games are expensive so tailgate before the game!
    yep these folks will whine about spending 20 bucks on refreshments inside the ball park, but sit outside in their motor-homes ($60K) plus for hours before a game, consuming large amounts of food, drinks and extra parking fees.. Make any sense to anyone Bueller?

Garfield, have you ever attended an NFL game? Have you ever attended on where it's 20 degrees and the windchill is less than zero?
    Where is this season going?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1577 View Post

In my opinion if you can't sit at a game for 3 hours without having to bring bags of items to the game then stay at home.
    Have you ever attended an NFL game where it's 20 degrees and the wind chill is less than zero?
    Where is this season going?

There are some websites that have the proper sized bags, clearbags.com; clear-handbags.com. However, they are charging an arm and a leg. As for the seat cushion regulation ( which is crap, IMO) I am working on how to sew a cushion so it can roll up in a little tube and fit into my clear bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncodartqueen View Post
    There are some websites that have the proper sized bags, clearbags.com; clear-handbags.com. However, they are charging an arm and a leg. As for the seat cushion regulation ( which is crap, IMO) I am working on how to sew a cushion so it can roll up in a little tube and fit into my clear bag.

REI sells an inflatable seat cushion that rolls up very small. It's expensive, and mine is green, but it works really well. Much better than anything I have ever seen in a stadium, and far better than my SB seat cushions.

Don't know if that will pass though...

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    Did not read most of the stuff..

but the last part of this is not fair to the NFL..

IF they are indeed worried about someone carrying in explosives this is one of the first places to start..

I thought your raving comment about me driving a pickup into the stadium was at best lunacy..

But to stop this type of stuff from happening you have to be proactive..

What better place to cause thousands of deaths than the all American football game.. one well placed charge with a dozen or so seat cushions could take down supporting columns.. to say that a sleeper cell could not bring in enough explosives, poison gas or something else placed in something as common as a seat cushion is well sticking your head in the sand..

DO I like what is going on in the name of security? No I do not but I'd rather be safe than sorry..

That said

My comments in genreal were more about those knuckleheads that think ALL of this is just greedy owners wanting more revenue.. That those that folks have a complex about rich folks getting richer is at best funny..

But I suspect the security side of this is much stronger than the knuckleheads want to think about..

as for the NFL waving the white flag hardly they are being proactive before some moron decides to try something..

If these morons are willing to blow up their underwear or shoes, a seat cushion just may be the next thing..

So you read it but didn't.....

Pretty paranoid life you live there man. I feel sorry for you. Indeed, we have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Wow... Just wow.

But I have to be honest.

If a terrorist wanted to hit a high profile target killing thousands, then one of our NFL stadiums is a prime target. I have actually thought this for years since 9/11.

I don't mind all the extra security and in fact embrace it. Yes.. it seems ridiculous and extreme at times, but let's face it. These are not the old days anymore. It only takes ONE person to get by and cause havoc and chaos.

Do the regular season ticket goers agree and appreciate the additional restrictions? No. But they must adapt and understand the type of world we live in.

The attacks of 9/11 occurred the next morning after our Invesco Field opening happened on 9/10 against the New York Giants. The terrorists could have made a target on our new stadium but chose NY City the morning after for a larger impact and they did succeed with their goal.

Stadium security should be a larger concern and the way stadiums are adjusting to their security measures should be accepted and not demoralized. Accept what it is and adjust accordingly.

JWinn.. and all other ticket holders that attend the games: It only takes ONE person to turn a game into a disastrous news event. The all too often late comers should adjust their schedules to show up at games in plenty of time and not complain about it.

We've had to do that at airports since then so why not an NFL game? It's always bothered me anyway why so many people pay so much money for a ticket yet don't show up in plenty of time.

Yeah Joe, I understand all it takes is one guy. Like I said before, I am fully aware, and "pay attention" to my surroundings.

Sorry, I am not going to live my life in fear man. I just won't do it!

I know many of the security people who really WORK inside the stadium. I trust these people to do their jobs, in order that I can do mine.

Cheer on my team with unbridled excitement, not sit in my seat wondering if the guy next to me is a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Now, whether or not an essential liberty is being given up here in this instance is debatable, but it would be good to keep this in mind.

We will never be 100% safe. Ever. And anyone that promises that, is a liar. We can either accept this fact, or live in fear.

I choose not to live in fear.
    This is how I feel about this matter entirely. Now I don't ever carry a bag into the stadium so this new rule really has no effect on me in that regard, but what it does do is make me very sad how as a country we have begun to live in fear of what may happen if we don't look try to look 10 steps ahead. That being said I don't want to get all political. I'll just say that I don't agree with the NFL's decision on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    Have you ever attended an NFL game where it's 20 degrees and the wind chill is less than zero?
    I've been at plenty of cold games, but I've never really brought any big bags with blankets and pillows and all that stuff. Last year for the Ravens game, I wore my hoody and shorts.( Yea I wore shorts ) .. I actually wear shorts to every game for some reason. Just kind of a habit I got in to, because 1 time I wore pants and we got beat bad, so I try not to do that anymore. Usually I see other people wearing shorts at games, but for the Ravens game, I was the only one I saw. But once the game starts, and I'm with the crowd, I don't feel as cold.

But the only bag I had on me, was just my lil drawstring backpack I had on me. I know a lot of people bring blankets and stuff like that, but I've never done that. Still is dumb of them to change everything. Because don't they sell bags/purses and all that at the team store? What if someone buys a bunch of stuff and buys a bag to put it all in? Just doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    Garfield, have you ever attended an NFL game? Have you ever attended on where it's 20 degrees and the windchill is less than zero?
    yep many times with the wind in my face as I was in the south stands..sitting in 6-10 inches of snow a couple of times..

I'm not saying it is not uncomfortable, just saying the security is an issue that needs to be taken care of..

If some fair weather fans do not show up that is life and their loss.. The tickets are paid for and no loss of revenue to the NFL and their teams.. such is life..

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    So you read it but didn't.....

Pretty paranoid life you live there man. I feel sorry for you. Indeed, we have lost.

not paranoid at all just facing the facts of life..

yesterday's security is not enough and more stringent measures are needed.. the NFL is trying to stay ahead of the curve..

If you do not like what they are doing, it is your prerogative to stay home..

Yes I have! I also coached and played in weather like that. As a spectator, I dressed for cold weather and didn't need anything in a bag to keep me warm.
    BMF

"If these morons are willing to blow up their underwear or shoes, a seat cushion just may be the next thing.. "

or sweater bombs, so no sweaters. Don't you see there is no end when you start backtracking on freedoms.
    SmilingJack

"BTW how much damage could be done with a couple of motor-homes filled with explosive parked outside in the tailgaters area?

Based on the bag and seat cushion rule it would seem safer to ban parking at the stadium! Yeah, let's keep giving up.
    SmilingJack