Welker vs. Cruz (NFL.com)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...is-tops-in-nfl

This is an article by Bucky Brooks on his comparison series...

My own take... I essentially agree with everything except the fact that Cruz is even with Welker in route running...Welker is the best route runner in the game currently and there's no doubt ....Cruz is damn good but he's not as good as Welker in route running specifically ...everything else I agree with

Now the only WR left for the Brooks to compare to someone on the Broncos is Decker. My guess is if he does a Decker vs article he will follow suit from his Welker and DT vs articles and give the edge to whoever he puts Decker against

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...is-tops-in-nfl

This is an article by Bucky Brooks on his comparison series...

My own take... I essentially agree with everything except the fact that Cruz is even with Welker in route running...Welker is the best route runner in the game currently and there's no doubt ....Cruz is damn good but he's not as good as Welker in route running specifically ...everything else I agree with
    Really? Even this statement?...

"and there is no question that Cruz is the best slot receiver in the NFL."

I cant agree with that. Welker is the best and has proved to be the best. Cruz has great skills and tons of ability but he is not yet above Welker as the best slot man in the game!

^ Well...I think if you're saying strictly from the slot than Welker probably is slightly better but Cruz is more versatile ...he can work outside better than Welker can...he also has much more speed than Welker

I'm just saying I'd take Cruz over Welker even tho I love Welker, and am super happy we have him on this team

^ Well...I think if you're saying strictly from the slot than Welker probably is slightly better but Cruz is more versatile ...he can work outside better than Welker can...he also has much more speed than Welker

I'm just saying I'd take Cruz over Welker even tho I love Welker, and am super happy we have him on this team
    I want both
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Well like the article said, "Cruz is the best SLOT receiver in the NFL"...

I cant agree with that. Welker is the much better SLOT receiver. I do agree with you that Cruz is more versatile and can play different spots. But Welker owns the middle of the field. We saw him do it to us for years and I hated seeing him kill our nickelbacks, LB's and Safeties.

Plus I will take Welker's toughness over anyone that plays the position. Guy will give 100% on every single play!

Both are great WR's but if we are talking strictly SLOT receivers then Im going with Welker all day long!

For whatever reason, it finally just hit me that Welker is a Bronco.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Pretty crazy cool huh? Can you believe preseason is almost upon us? I'm ready for some football!

Quote Originally Posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    Well like the article said, "Cruz is the best SLOT receiver in the NFL"...

I cant agree with that. Welker is the much better SLOT receiver. I do agree with you that Cruz is more versatile and can play different spots. But Welker owns the middle of the field. We saw him do it to us for years and I hated seeing him kill our nickelbacks, LB's and Safeties.

Plus I will take Welker's toughness over anyone that plays the position. Guy will give 100% on every single play!

Both are great WR's but if we are talking strictly SLOT receivers then Im going with Welker all day long!
    Fair points

I've always seen Cruz as an outside receiver.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Haha I got the same thing, mine was triggered by me wanting to beat up Bucky Brooks to defend one of my players. I think Cruz is sensationalized quite a bit. I'd sooner put Percy Harvin in the conversation than Cruz.
    Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 06-18-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Still hasnt hit me yet. I dont know why.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Haha I got the same thing, mine was triggered by me wanting to beat up Bucky Brooks to defend one of my players. I think Cruz is sensationalized quite a bit. I'd sooner put Percy Harvin in the conversation than Cruz.
    Cruz is not oversensationalized but Harvin def belongs in the convo, w/a real QB he is so dangerous

It depends what you want really. Cruz and Harvin are better at going deep, but if you want someone who runs perfect routes and moves the chains then Welker's your guy. I think he's invaluable.

Five 1000 yard seasons in the last 6 years.

I think he's only missed 3 games in that time as well.