Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Predict the AFC Conf Champ- no Broncos

A new little game for the offseason, predict your Super Bowl finalist from the AFC. Now, 98% of the people immediately think Broncos, and I agree.

But, for the sake of hypotheticals, you can't pick the Broncos. Assuming they went through Denver, explain who took the Broncos down and why..

Bill Belicheat cheats again somehow and beats DEN

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Bill Belicheat cheats again somehow and beats DEN
    Putting in Tebow isn't considered cheating.

The AFC is weak. I can only see 3 teams capable of winning it.

Denver, NE and Pittsburgh.

For the sake of this question I would choose the Steelers.

This thread topic needs a poll. How can we not see the results honestly?

No Broncos???

If I had to pick ANY team other than Denver in the AFC, It would be either the Packers or the Falcons.

Oh wait.......

Ok Ok..... I'll play fair.

Houston or New England. And if EITHER of them beat us in the playoffs, it will be because of their Defenses.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Putting in Tebow isn't considered cheating.
    For the love of evolution I hope Belicheck puts in Tebow. I need a good laugh.
    Science Bless

Ill go with the Texans.

Thanks Blondie for the Sig

The Indy Colts.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Looking up and down the conference, man the AFC is really weak. Houston seems like the obvious choice. I want to say Bengals but that's a lot of weight on Andy Dalton, and there's no balance in that offense.

However, until he proves otherwise weapons or no, I think Tom Terrific will get them there.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Don't sleep on the texans man

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Don't sleep on the texans man
    I'm just not convinced Schaub can beat the best teams in the playoffs.

I like the Bengals. They are underrated with that defensive unit and Tyler Eifert will have a great opportunity to make an impact complementing A.J. Green. It's up to Andy Dalton. The Bengals would have been deeper in the playoff run if Dalton weren't shaking so much. He has to pull the trigger and let it fly. He threw the ball out of bounds when Green was against single coverage in the endzone. Overall, I see Dalton as a good QB and he's still under development. His first two regular seasons have been encouraging and there is enough talent around him to create a Super Bowl contender. If Dalton takes the next step, watch out for the Bengals.

EDIT: Watching the WC Round against the Texans, Jermaine Gresham's ineffectiveness is overwhelming. You can see it right away during the Bengals' first drive and Gresham continue to struggle in key moments. I think Eifert is going to fix this problem. Dalton will have a reliable weapon for the intermediate routes, the Bengals will have more two-TE options and Gresham will fade to a backup role in the passing game.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 07-09-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

What do you mean, no Broncos? What kind of silly stuff is that?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I say the Texans win the conference if Denver doesn't. I think the team around Schaub is good enough to be in the Super Bowl.

Besides, if Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl with a great team, then so can a decent Matt Schaub.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Looking up and down the conference, man the AFC is really weak. Houston seems like the obvious choice. I want to say Bengals but that's a lot of weight on Andy Dalton, and there's no balance in that offense.

However, until he proves otherwise weapons or no, I think Tom Terrific will get them there.
    We're excited about Giovani Bernard. We're excited about Tyler Eifert. We may have gotten steals with Cobi Hamilton and Rex Burkhead. If Dalton takes a step forward in his third year, look out. And considering where he is in terms of touchdowns through two years compared to the likes of Peyton Manning, I'd say he's got a chance to be Drew Brees someday. And that day's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Dude, Pittsburgh's a mess. I'm not sure where the love for Pittsburgh is coming from, but their offense is in trouble. Their line isn't any better after drafting Adams and DeCastro. Both had pretty awful years last year, and it was hilarious watching Geno Atkins tee off on DeCastro. They're going to try out a running back that frankly, I think they reached for. They lost Mike Wallace to free agency, and they'll be relying on Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders to try and get it done. They're both solid, but they don't scare me. Heath Miller is unlikely to be ready, and he won't be the same when he comes back. The defense is still good, but it may not be enough to translate to wins against good, balanced teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I like the Bengals. They are underrated with that defensive unit and Tyler Eifert will have a great opportunity to make an impact complementing A.J. Green. It's up to Andy Dalton. The Bengals would have been deeper in the playoff run if Dalton weren't shaking so much. He has to pull the trigger and let it fly. He threw the ball out of bounds when Green was against single coverage in the endzone. Overall, I see Dalton as a good QB and he's still under development. His first two regular seasons have been encouraging and there is enough talent around him to create a Super Bowl contender. If Dalton takes the next step, watch out for the Bengals.

EDIT: Watching the WC Round against the Texans, Jermaine Gresham's ineffectiveness is overwhelming. You can see it right away during the Bengals' first drive and Gresham continue to struggle in key moments. I think Eifert is going to fix this problem. Dalton will have a reliable weapon for the intermediate routes, the Bengals will have more two-TE options and Gresham will fade to a backup role in the passing game.
    That was a bad game by Gresham, for sure, but there were times during the regular season when he was literally dragging men down the field for long gains. He's got the tools, he just needs to put it together.

To answer the original question, Cincinnati and Miami. New England is wounded, and Tannehill got better as the season went on last year. It should be interesting to see if he can pick up where he left off.

As for us? We're going to be very, very good. Don't sleep on the Bengals. Our defensive line is among the very best in the league. We make you one dimensional and we rush the passer extremely well. Our linebackers may be a liability if Maualuga keeps his job at MLB, but I have a feeling he won't. The coaches can say all they want right now, but it's not time to take anything said seriously until it's time to get to 53. Our secondary has a chance to be very, very good. Leon Hall is one of the best corners in the league, and we have Dre Kirkpatrick coming into a mix that also includes Adam Jones, one of the best slot cover guys in the league.

Don't be surprised if the AFC championship game is very orange.
    Last edited by WhoDeyBengals; 07-09-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: accidentally a word
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!