Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I would not be surprised if the rushing totals were improved over last year either.

IMO because Manning will take what the defenses are giving on any play. Defenses will look at the receiving potential and scheme to slow that down. The opportunity to run the ball will be increased. O-line will have the advantage. Why not run the ball more then 30 times a game if it is effective?

The question will be if Hillman and Ball can be explosive enough to take advantage of it. I think they will be. For more yards per carry and in long runs compared to last year.

Then when the defense has to focus on stopping the Broncos from gashing them for big yards is when Manning uses the play action to hit the receivers for big gains. Going to fun watching this offense come together.

We will have the most explosive Offense in the NFL this year,I'm guessing 34 points per game average!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ bronco View Post
    if we do in fact look to run 70 offensive plays in a game, the featured back is most likely going to be standing in the backfield next to PFM on 45-50 of those plays, fair enuff?
    who do you want standing next to PFM, given they all run and catch the ball well enough to be considered one of our top 3 backs.
    1. the best runner.
    2, the best pass catcher
    3. the guy who will always read the blitzes and make the needed block to keep PFM from getting hammered.
    my friends its an obvious choice.
    all 3 can run and catch the ball with relative capabilities, but the BEST blocker gets the most PT and most likely the most touches.
    I'll be shocked and appalled if Manning has to pass the ball 45-50 times a game this season. Fox wants to preserve Manning, not rush him into retirement. He's not going to let Gase have Manning throw his arm off.

i believe the run game will take off this season as teams gear up for the pass game.

Watching NFL Networks coverage this morning and TD said Hillman had a 60 yard run where he made a spin move in the open field to get into the end zone. Man I am so stoked for this guys second year.

With how good our offense has been, our defense has been better. Many big plays come right after a would be sack, not discounting our offense in any way just saying that there is a possibility we see a offense better then the greatest show on turf paired with the 2000 ravens defense

Plus, from what I've seen, Rahim Moore has been out there making some plays. He has the scars Manning has talked about and seems like he's doing all he can to get rid of them. I'm so excited about this team. I'm giddy with anticipation.

Looks like Ronnie has a legit shot to play the Deangelo Williams role in our offense...COP guy but also up there in snaps

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    All the Backs will block, catch and run. Otherwise defenses would just see who is in the backfield to figure out what will happen.
    This. If the offense will be anything, it will be less predictable.

The passing game will be there simply because of Manning and his targets. The run game is going to have 4 guys rotating around, in similar but specialized roles. Ball and Moreno will likely take the beats early on and soften up the defense while Hillman tears them up late.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Looks like Ronnie has a legit shot to play the Deangelo Williams role in our offense...COP guy but also up there in snaps
    It looks more like ball/Moreno are going to be the cop backs. Hillman is the best runner and playmaker so I wouldn't be surprised he gets 60% of the carries

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    It looks more like ball/Moreno are going to be the cop backs. Hillman is the best runner and playmaker so I wouldn't be surprised he gets 60% of the carries
    I'm not so sure. Knowshon Moreno is bigger and stronger than ever. I know we're running a lot of zone now, but Moreno is going to be featured heavily in our power run game. He's also still a great option on 3rd down. He's not really an explosive WR but he has great hands and he's a solid pass protector. Von Miller made him look stupid, but Moreno will never be matched up one on one with a pass rusher that good. Also by splitting the reps, maybe he'll be able to get through the preseason without getting nicked up.

Really it probably comes down to who wins the C spot. If it's Ramirez we'll probably run more power, if it's Lilja we'll probably run more zone.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I'm not so sure. Knowshon Moreno is bigger and stronger than ever. I know we're running a lot of zone now, but Moreno is going to be featured heavily in our power run game. He's also still a great option on 3rd down. He's not really an explosive WR but he has great hands and he's a solid pass protector. Von Miller made him look stupid, but Moreno will never be matched up one on one with a pass rusher that good. Also by splitting the reps, maybe he'll be able to get through the preseason without getting nicked up.

Really it probably comes down to who wins the C spot. If it's Ramirez we'll probably run more power, if it's Lilja we'll probably run more zone.
    The RB race is so up in the air right now...it's anyones job to win at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    The RB race is so up in the air right now...it's anyones job to win at this point.
    Which is a great problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Which is a great problem to have.
    agreed. first time in a long long time they have had this much depth at so many positions.

Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    Also AZ as much as you keep focusing on the blocking of running backs it is still important for them to be good runners.
    One of our running backs (Montee?) said it already in an interview - all of us got here by carrying the ball. We can all carry the ball but what keeps us on the field is our ability to protect our QB.

Hillman knows that his lack of pass protection played a big part in his playing time last year. It's why Knowshon, the third string RB, leapfrogged Hillman and started when McGahee went down. I have no doubt that Ronnie has worked hard on being a better pass blocker and it's one of the reasons why Ball is spending as much time as he can to become the best pass blocker on the team among the RB's.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!