Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Love it. If Hillman steps up and becomes our starting RB then our depth at the position will be amazing.

Here's to hoping

Hopefully it works out.

My only concern is that we drafted a big work horse back in Montee to take the lion share of the carries in round 2.

When Hillman was drafted all the talk was how it added some speed to our offense and a home run threat.

We're see how he runs but jacking up and losing speed would be counter-productive IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    Also AZ as much as you keep focusing on the blocking of running backs it is still important for them to be good runners. Yes blocking is important when you play in a pass first offense but if he is a good runner especially between the tackles he will get his opportunities. Part of the problem last year for the Broncos is there were times when they could not seal the deal on a game because the running backs could not get the tough yards. The best way to really open things up on this offense is to have a deadly run game as well as pass game. Peyton's best year as a pro came when he had probably his best running game supporting him.
    all three, R, K, and M, are good ball carriers!
    they are probably all 3 good pass catchers too, but...
    I continue to assert that the one who demonstrates thaT HE IS THE MOST RELIBLE BACK TO READ BLITZES AND EXECUTE EFECTIVE BLOCKS WILL BE THE ONE WHO GETS THE MOST pT AND TOUCHES!
    their FIRST priority is to protect PFM !
    what good are any of them if PFM is not healthy, upright and playing QB ?
    what good is our entire team without PFM?
    answer, not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    For once, we mainly agree
    dont beat yourself up, occasionaly the old guy gets one right.

Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    I really think you need to go back and look at last year running stats. The Broncos averaged over 30 carries a game so then to say that they will only do that in a handful of games as a team just means you don't understand the importance of the run game. My guess is the Broncos will actually be running more this year than last. Peyton has already said that his desire is to average 10 more plays a game this season compared to last and my guess is not all of that will be geared towards the pass game. First off that would burn out Peyton's Arm and if that is the case then that means we are behind in most of our games. My guess is it will be the opposite where the offense will dominate the first half of games with the passing game meaning we play ball control in the 2nd half meaning more running back carries.
    I have neither the time nor inclination to spend the time to look this up! I would be stunned if as a team we ran the ball more than 30 times in more than 5 games ! spare me the averages, how many actual games did we ruin the ball more than 3o times?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ bronco View Post
    I have neither the time nor inclination to spend the time to look this up! I would be stunned if as a team we ran the ball more than 30 times in more than 5 games ! spare me the averages, how many actual games did we ruin the ball more than 3o times?
    7 out of 17 games Including the playoffs (Discounting QB rush attempts)

@ Raiders (36 times)
    Cleveland (31 times)
    Saints (39 times)
    Chiefs (40 times)
    @ Ravens (43 times)
    Raiders (36 times)
    Ravens (40 times)

More than 25 rushes disregarding QB attempts

10 out of 17 games

@Atlanta (26 times)
    Buccaneers (27 times)
    Chargers (25 times)
    +Above Games
    Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-24-2013 at 10:09 PM.

We finally have some real and young competition at the RB spot. C'mon Preseason!

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    7 out of 17 games Including the playoffs (Discounting QB rush attempts)

@ Raiders (36 times)
    Cleveland (31 times)
    Saints (39 times)
    Chiefs (40 times)
    @ Ravens (43 times)
    Raiders (36 times)
    Ravens (40 times)

More than 25 rushes disregarding QB attempts

10 out of 17 games

@Atlanta (26 times)
    Buccaneers (27 times)
    Chargers (25 times)
    +Above Games
    so it was 6 games and I said 5, (regular season)color me surprized.
    But I thank you for taking the time to post those figures, honestly I was pleasantly surprized at those numbers and i do expect our broncos to run the ball even more this season.

if we do in fact look to run 70 offensive plays in a game, the featured back is most likely going to be standing in the backfield next to PFM on 45-50 of those plays, fair enuff?
    who do you want standing next to PFM, given they all run and catch the ball well enough to be considered one of our top 3 backs.
    1. the best runner.
    2, the best pass catcher
    3. the guy who will always read the blitzes and make the needed block to keep PFM from getting hammered.
    my friends its an obvious choice.
    all 3 can run and catch the ball with relative capabilities, but the BEST blocker gets the most PT and most likely the most touches.

So according to AZ the best pass blocker will get the most snaps at RB so we have a entire season to look forward to watching Jacob Hester at RB.

But in the real world of football the best RB will be the starter. Lets see, say Ball pass blocks 5% better then Hillman but Hillman shows in the preseason he is the better RB by catching the ball better and is more explosive RUNNING THE BALL. Hillman will be the starter because he is the better RB in that situation

I personnaly have thought all along Hillman will start the season earning the majority of the carries. I think throughout the season that will definitely change though.
    Please Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Quote Originally Posted by Fivehead Fan View Post
    Any of you Guys have a link to the video? Couldn't find it on NFL.com
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-starting-job

Not sure if this is the full version or not. It's barely over a minute long but this sounds like the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ bronco View Post
    if we do in fact look to run 70 offensive plays in a game, the featured back is most likely going to be standing in the backfield next to PFM on 45-50 of those plays, fair enuff?
    who do you want standing next to PFM, given they all run and catch the ball well enough to be considered one of our top 3 backs.
    1. the best runner.
    2, the best pass catcher
    3. the guy who will always read the blitzes and make the needed block to keep PFM from getting hammered.
    my friends its an obvious choice.
    all 3 can run and catch the ball with relative capabilities, but the BEST blocker gets the most PT and most likely the most touches.
    So........I guess Knowshon will be are guy then.

All the Backs will block, catch and run. Otherwise defenses would just see who is in the backfield to figure out what will happen.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I really think Ronnie and monte will be about even with the number of carries at the end of the season and I could see just the 2 of them account for 2000 + yards rushing and receiving when all said and done