Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      That sounds awesome!! One of my most favorite past times ....

So hot out here already, and the backcountry isn't like Colorado.... I am so looking forward to August when we'll be in Ouray for about a week. We did a lot of the back country around Silverton a few years ago and loved it. Hoping to do a lot of different off-roading this year, even if we did much of the same it doesn't get old. We don't do anything extreme, just love going topless with the Jeep and enjoying the scenery ....
      Ouray "Switzerland of America", beautiful; also highway 550 "The Million Dollar Highway" is one of the most scenic drives in Colorado or anywhere. Imogene Pass is a moderate four wheel drive route that goes over to Telluride from Ouray. Durango to Ouray/Telluride might be my favorite scenic area in Colorado. There are a lot of back country roads/trails in that area ... Black Bear is another that goes into Telluride, you can only go down, not up; but this is known as a dangerous trail with very tight switchbacks with little road, been some people that didn't make it down... at least not as the driver
      Ouray has also been kind of famous with movies being filmed there - John Wayne's True Grit. A Netflix comedy with Sam Elliott and that Ashton Kucher? is set in a town called Garrison, Co but its opening pictures show Ouray, Co.
      Great place to have a vacation, hope you have lots of fun. :thumb:
      sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
        • Nov 2007

Driving from my house to Gunnison. Go through Santa Fe and Alamosa. Takes about six hours, I think. Nice drive.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
          Football Immortal
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Driving from my house to Gunnison. Go through Santa Fe and Alamosa. Takes about six hours, I think. Nice drive.
          Another of my favorite things is disc golf, especially exploring courses in the mountains.
          When you go to Gunnison via Santa Fe do you go towards Taos? It reminded me of a disc golf course in Vadito, NM it is a ski area called Sipapu, it is a disc golf course in the summer. Coming down from Denver we go through Ft. Garland and down to Taos then into mountains there ... it is a nice drive in the New Mexico mountains. Taos is also an interesting town.
          sigpic

Comment

• Sophia23
            RIP #88
            • Sep 2012

I have never been to Gunnison, but the scenery pics I've seen of it are beautiful. I love Santa Fe, know that's a scenic drive as well. My favorite place to stop in NM each time I'm passing through to CO. Love Taos too, but haven't been through there in many many years.

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
            Ouray "Switzerland of America", beautiful; also highway 550 "The Million Dollar Highway" is one of the most scenic drives in Colorado or anywhere. Imogene Pass is a moderate four wheel drive route that goes over to Telluride from Ouray. Durango to Ouray/Telluride might be my favorite scenic area in Colorado. There are a lot of back country roads/trails in that area ... Black Bear is another that goes into Telluride, you can only go down, not up; but this is known as a dangerous trail with very tight switchbacks with little road, been some people that didn't make it down... at least not as the driver
            Ouray has also been kind of famous with movies being filmed there - John Wayne's True Grit. A Netflix comedy with Sam Elliott and that Ashton Kucher? is set in a town called Garrison, Co but its opening pictures show Ouray, Co.
            Great place to have a vacation, hope you have lots of fun. :thumb:
            Thank you, Brian!! Always a good time when I get to relax in CO. Yes, I've been over the million dollar highway many times in my life.... funny though it seems wider the last few times. I always remembered it being so narrow, when I was younger. We haven't done any of the passes between Ouray and Telluride, so I'm sure we'll do a bit of the moderate ones. I'm aware of Black Bear, haha < that'll never happen. I was more adventurous when I was younger, now I just like to stay in one piece and wouldn't want to roll the vehicle. I learned my lesson since we're going for a week, and it's so popular for RV'rs in the summer to book a spot months ago for August .... so I can just relax and enjoy it.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Houshmazode
              The Mountaineer
              • Sep 2006

Drive safe, they just got a bunch of snow.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                Another of my favorite things is disc golf, especially exploring courses in the mountains.
                When you go to Gunnison via Santa Fe do you go towards Taos? It reminded me of a disc golf course in Vadito, NM it is a ski area called Sipapu, it is a disc golf course in the summer. Coming down from Denver we go through Ft. Garland and down to Taos then into mountains there ... it is a nice drive in the New Mexico mountains. Taos is also an interesting town.
                Sorry it took a while to get back to you; end of the week was busy.

On the way to Gunnison, when I get to Santa Fe via NM14, I get on US285 which takes me all the way to Saguache where CO114 takes me to US50 just east of Gunnison.

In Northern NM, US285 goes through the valley between the Jemez and Sangre de Christo Mountains. In order to get to Taos from Santa Fe, one must leave US285 at Espanola and take NM68.

US285 goes from Santa Fe through Espanola, Ojo Caliente, Tres Piedras, Antonito, La Jara, Alamosa, Monte Vista and Saguache on the way to Gunnison.

Vadito is in Picuris Pueblo, I believe, in the Sangre de Christos. You should try Red River, Eagle Nest and Angel Fire which makes a loop east of Taos in the Sangre de Christos. Also, Taos Ski Valley is at the foot of Wheeler Peak, highest point in NM. Kit Carson lived in Taos and his house is near the plaza.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Peanut
                  ModNut
                  • Jan 2007

A few days ago, I started to post about PCH, Highway 1 in CA. It's a beautiful ride. There's a stretch on the north side of the Golden Gate that is very winding with a drop to the ocean. Really have to trust the driver and the brakes on your car. The last time I was on it, there were patches of the road that kind of disappeared. Today, I see in the news that a quarter of a mile of Highway 1 (Big Sur to the south) is buried under more than a ton of rock and dirt. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Rastic
                    Modulated
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    A few days ago, I started to post about PCH, Highway 1 in CA. It's a beautiful ride. There's a stretch on the north side of the Golden Gate that is very winding with a drop to the ocean. Really have to trust the driver and the brakes on your car. The last time I was on it, there were patches of the road that kind of disappeared. Today, I see in the news that a quarter of a mile of Highway 1 (Big Sur to the south) is buried under more than a ton of rock and dirt. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
                    Ahh, that's too bad. Hopefully they get it cleaned up and make any necessary road repairs.

I love the drive through Big Sur - pretty much the whole drive north of LA up to Santa Cruz is breathtaking. The gas prices in some parts are breathtaking too.

Comment

• Sophia23
                      RIP #88
                      • Sep 2012

That is on my bucket list to someday drive the west coast from CA to WA. Good thing no one was hurt, hopefully in the long run the highway will be in better shape once it's clean up....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                        ModNut
                        • Jan 2007

One of my favorite things is finding Broncos fans in my area. I found one today. Of course I had to wave to her. I just need to remember not to startle people as they sit in their cars.
                        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Frenchy180
                          Football Immortal
                          • Oct 2008

Friday nights at the brewery across the street from work
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Sophia23
                            RIP #88
                            • Sep 2012

Hanging out with my infant grand daughter on football sundays. Swear to God she squealed as loud as I did last week when Pittsburg intercepted Smith in the end zone .... she's a bronco's fan her parents just aren't aware yet.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                              ModNut
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                              Hanging out with my infant grand daughter on football sundays. Swear to God she squealed as loud as I did last week when Pittsburg intercepted Smith in the end zone .... she's a bronco's fan her parents just aren't aware yet.
                              So cute!

More favorite things.

Simple things like unexpected hugs.

The quiet at 3:30AM.

The anticipation of a Broncos game.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Sophia23
                                RIP #88
                                • Sep 2012

So cute!

More favorite things.

Simple things like unexpected hugs.

The quiet at 3:30AM.

The anticipation of a Broncos game.
                                all good things .... you sound like either a very early morning person or a night owl if your normally up at 330am ... my favorite time of day though about 4am same thing quiet and just waking up with my coffee.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X