Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sunday Ticket - Annual Negotiation Thread

Didn't grind as hard as I could, but after 1 phone call, I got the price down to $195 for sunday ticket maxx. ($235 paid over 6 months with a $40 first month 1 time credit)

Frankly I think its worth $200, I think $300 is gouging.

EDIT: BTW, I am still in a 2 yr contract so I was not able to pull the "I'm cancelling" thing
    Last edited by Gsam; 07-29-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Did u try the madden25 route? Even if u don't game, for $100 u get the game and Sunday ticket, can't beat that. If u don't game, gift it to someone.

got mine free for some reasons and after changing plans a bit, where I got more channels and the price went down 60 bucks a month..

You have to talk to the "retention" folks that is the magic word..

but then I've had them since 97..

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Did u try the madden25 route? Even if u don't game, for $100 u get the game and Sunday ticket, can't beat that. If u don't game, gift it to someone.

^ this

if you pre order madden 25 hall of fame edition or whatever from amazon you get the nfl sunday ticket (ONLINE ACCESS ONLY) FREEEEE.

it's 100, but a solid deal IMO... I'd pay 100 just for that access, plus I was going to buy madden anyways.

And as he said, just re gift it or sell it for like 50 on ebay or something...

Quote Originally Posted by ChangAlang24 View Post
    ^ this

if you pre order madden 25 hall of fame edition or whatever from amazon you get the nfl sunday ticket (ONLINE ACCESS ONLY) FREEEEE.

it's 100, but a solid deal IMO... I'd pay 100 just for that access, plus I was going to buy madden anyways.

And as he said, just re gift it or sell it for like 50 on ebay or something...
    Interesting, too bad I already pre ordered madden >< oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Interesting, too bad I already pre ordered madden >< oh well

Easy fix. Pre-order it from Amazon and take the the one you've already pre-ordered back to whatever store once you get it.

I had just finished my 2 year contract, called and said i cant afford the package this year I would like to discontinue service. Guy I spoke to said he could give ma a small discount, I said no thank you can;t afford to pay anything for the football package. I was transferred to someone else told him the same story, then he said he would give me the football package max and also $20 off each month. So i stayed on, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LegionOfVonDoom View Post
    I had just finished my 2 year contract, called and said i cant afford the package this year I would like to discontinue service. Guy I spoke to said he could give ma a small discount, I said no thank you can;t afford to pay anything for the football package. I was transferred to someone else told him the same story, then he said he would give me the football package max and also $20 off each month. So i stayed on, LOL.
    Clearly the deals are better when you have no contract obligation!!! I WILL GET EM NEXT YEAR!!!

Clearly the deals are better when you have no contract obligation!!! I WILL GET EM NEXT YEAR!!!
    yeah i plan to try this again next year as well. I had to sign on for 1 year, so I will be in same position next year, LOL.

I use the retention route every year and always get it for almost free if not free. Sometimes you have to call a few times to get the right person but once ou do they give you everything. I once had a lady at directv tell me to call every month just to ask what discounts they can apply to my account. Trust me you can get them to give you all kinds of discounts.

I won't go back to Direct TV. I got tired of them raising rates every three months. I could call them, wait for a bunch of computer responses and hold for an operator to get the rates changed, but after a few years of fighting with them on a constant basis, I just said enough was enough. Plus they have a monopoly on the Sunday ticket and I don't believe that is right. I refuse to subscribe to the ticket until the NFL gets there heads out of there collective behinds and make it available to all. The constitution of the United States makes owning a monopoly illegal, yet the NFL thinks they are above the laws of the country.

$173 for Maxx over 6 months....Where is that guy from last year saying this wasn't going to happen anymore??

You just need to get through to retention to get a better deal. Say cancel at the voice prompt. If you get asked additional questions you are on the right path. Say cancel again and then not due to moving. It does not matter if you are under contract or not if you pay your bill on time and have a decent package with them. I will post more later but there are alot better deals out there going on for people in contract. See here http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/202500-...t#entry3163891
    Last edited by joshjr; 07-31-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Here is what I got.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

I called and was able to get Sunday Ticket free with a 12 month commitment, Red Zone Channel for free, as well as Starz & Showtime free for 3 months. I was really calling to add Showtime since the last season of Dexter is starting tonight. Could not pass this up though. I was already under a commitment until Feb of next year. Might as well just make it the end of May and get everything for free. Taken care of first call. I was nervious as I just recently received a good deal for MLB Xtra Innings. That one had all the credits for x amount of months. Then I got a $206 disaster credit so I was not sure what I would get today. I am very happy with what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I won't go back to Direct TV. I got tired of them raising rates every three months. I could call them, wait for a bunch of computer responses and hold for an operator to get the rates changed, but after a few years of fighting with them on a constant basis, I just said enough was enough. Plus they have a monopoly on the Sunday ticket and I don't believe that is right. I refuse to subscribe to the ticket until the NFL gets there heads out of there collective behinds and make it available to all. The constitution of the United States makes owning a monopoly illegal, yet the NFL thinks they are above the laws of the country.
    In my opinion that is a narrow point of view. The NFL makes a ton of money off of the local affiliates for airing local games on Sunday's. That is why the NFL wants it exclusive for one provider. Do you think FOX and CBS would be happy if every provider out there gave everyone the choice to watch a different game? I imagine the local affiliates would lose revenue from customers not watching their station. Also, for what it's worth, DirecTV has raised their rates yearly but not monthly. The only thing that has changed that has been some RSN feeds popping up but their rates change yearly.