Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Just called DirectTV. Best deal to date. They discounted the Sunday Ticket Max by 50% bringing the cost to $150. Then they gave a $15 credit for 15 months and another $10 credit for 24 months. Total credits will be $465 and total cost is $150. So, basically they are paying us $315 to have STM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So I am not a great negotiator.

I called the first time and didn't get anything. However I upgraded my DVR to the Genie and got three months of Starz free. Not great.

Decided to call back later this evening and asked for retention immediately. Told her I wanted to cancel.

She gave the spew about how she wasn't a sports fan till she got Sunday ticket, and spewed off every feature claiming she loved them all and it was the most demanded package in television blah blah blah.

I was currently being renewed at 36.99 for 6 months which surprisingly is more than I paid last year for basic. She said she could get me 32.99 as her only discount for being a loyal customer. I said that's better but was thinking in my head that's what I paid last year. So I said no.

She said ok I found another option and its the "best", " lowest" option. Which I'm thinking yeah right I've heard better deals on here.

I said ok as I'm not a great negotiator but I asked what's the absolute best offer she can give me for the Max package. She said actually I can give you a free upgrade for being a loyal customer.

So I got Max package for $180 which is less than I paid for basic last year. Plus a free upgrade to Genie and Starz for three months.

Not the greatest deal but not bad for me.
    You did pretty good. Just wait, next year will be probably be even better. Glad you were able to get something.

I called them (had Direct for 15 years). I sometimes had paid full price...last couple years heard from you who negotiated it down. This year I told them that I deserved it for free since they were giving it away to new users. They sent me to the retention department and asked for a one year contract to stay with direct but gave me the NFL Ticket (without the red zone which I don't care about) for free...try it.

My Mrs handles this every year. This year she got the full package for $36/month and a monthly $35 dollar credit for 12 months. $1.00/month is fair

No extension either, next year...we dance again.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

I don't know what I'm gonna do. The trees at the commercial property behind my place have grown so much this spring\summer that I lose my dish signal (Dish Network) when the wind blows (the branches blow in front of the signal). I can't go with direct tv either because there won't any line of sight for their dish either.

I really hope I don't have to switch to $Cable$.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Called yesterday, said what that guy said to say...Friends got some good deals and I wanted to take advantage of them. Asked about Ticket and such guy said no because I got it for free last year.

I got it last year because they lost all those kids channels my son likes, so when I called to see whats up, they gave me ticket as compensation for paying for kids channels we no longer got (until they resolved their contract dispute with the kids channels companies)

I will call back today or tomorrow and try again. Ill be a little more forceful
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't know what I'm gonna do. The trees at the commercial property behind my place have grown so much this spring\summer that I lose my dish signal (Dish Network) when the wind blows (the branches blow in front of the signal). I can't go with direct tv either because there won't any line of sight for their dish either.

Hey buddy long time no talk (been off the forums for a while)...trees suck when it comes to watching satellite god knows I know.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Called yesterday, said what that guy said to say...Friends got some good deals and I wanted to take advantage of them. Asked about Ticket and such guy said no because I got it for free last year.

I got it last year because they lost all those kids channels my son likes, so when I called to see whats up, they gave me ticket as compensation for paying for kids channels we no longer got (until they resolved their contract dispute with the kids channels companies)

I will call back today or tomorrow and try again. Ill be a little more forceful
    ask right up front for the "retention" area.. they are the ones with the horsepower to make things happen..

I did that past year and got it for under a hundred.. this year I had just signed up for the genie and all of its goodies.. so HAD zero bargaining power..

but the guy I talked to when I explained I was unhappy, he gave me the ticket free as well as threw in local channels and then wound up cutting like 60 bucks a month off the existing monthly bill.. went from near 170 to 104 or so before taxes..

Really impressed with that area..

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

2 word solution.

Rock Salt

I just got off the phone with them. Threatened to cancel service altogether. Wound up keeping service, saving nearly $60 on my monthly bill, and getting Sunday Ticket and Redzone for free. I had to agree to a 1 year contract, but I will take it! To summarize .... I WON!

This thread makes me miss Sunday Ticket and DirecTV. Last year I spent 2 hours with retention negotiating free Sunday Ticket and a bunch of other discounts, only to have them tell me they couldn't get a signal from the required patio area in my new rental. The neighbors 15 yards away get it no problem, but one ill-fated roof slope doomed it. I'd had DirecTV for 10 years, and I really hate putting up with cable again.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I just got off the phone with them. Threatened to cancel service altogether. Wound up keeping service, saving nearly $60 on my monthly bill, and getting Sunday Ticket and Redzone for free. I had to agree to a 1 year contract, but I will take it! To summarize .... I WON!
    Route I usually take as well
    I start off right away asking about my contract term date
    Then I ask about cancellation fee. Which is typically 20/month

At that point they do ask why and I say I've been contemplating dish/cox. Bring up dish $200 off for switching to absorb my remaining year with DTv

That's when they typically go into free give away mode.

This year though. I upgraded to genie for free in April and got alot of other stuff free then so when I called for Sunday ticket I just asked for any promotions available and got half off st.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I called yesterday and did cancel. That was my plan as we move to a new home. They threw all the offers at me. Lowering my bill similiar to yours and getting Sunday Ticket and Redzone for free. I still passed. I couldnt make that decision without consulting with the wife.

Needless to say I'm hoping they call me back and try and keep me My only concern is how much are they going to try and charge me to install at my new residence......we shall see.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

I called and agreed to an additional year of service and in return got my Sunday Ticket for free, plus all DVR charges removed for a year, which is ten a month. So that adds up to 120 a year in savings plus sunday ticket for free.

Way to go Directtv

Just signed back up. Six month contact, 45.00 per month, free Sunday ticket for two boxes, with the family package plan. My total after taxes should be about 58.00 per month. I do 6 months on, 6 months off cause I have Att uverse for my triple play and just get direct TV to see my Broncos.
    Last edited by PaulieC; 08-15-2013 at 09:38 PM.