Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    58Miller you are tearing this fan base apart!!! Why 58Miller???? Why would you do something like that????

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Who is saying that Elway isn't as good as Romo or Staubach? Did you mean to say Dallas radio?

There are a ton of quarterbacks that could win a Super Bowl on a team that is stacked with talent. Not very many can stay in the league for 16 years and give their GM time to build a team around them. The bottom line is that Romo has been on some teams stacked with talent but never got it done. If Elway had been on the Cowboys teams just a few years ago (with T.O.) in his prime, he would probably have won a Super Bowl.

One thing I know for certain is Elway wouldn't have mishandled a snap for a game winning field goal.
    No matter how much talent the Cowboys had, have or will have....Jerry Jones has, is and will be the reason the Cowboys will always be an underachieving 8-8 team every year.

Jerry's ego and lack of respect for Jimmie Johnson was the reason Jimmie quit and they got lucky they won that one SB against the Steelers after Jimmie was gone. Since Jimmie quit in '94, the Cowgirls have had one good HC...Parcells and he quit for the same reasons Jimmie quit. All the other HCs at Dallas have been weak puppets who players dont respect. Jones wants weak HCs he can control...a la Al Davis. At least Al had coaching experience and a knowledge (albeit outdated) about football. Jerry Jones only knows about oil and making money...yet he thinks that somehow gives him devine insight on how to be an NFL GM and good owner. And what's even more pathetic is he's admitted to the media he would've fired someone who made the GM mistakes he's made....yet he still wont replace himself with a real GM who knows what he's doing. Jones spoils his players making them weak and seems to love the spotlight way too much, since almost every season he says something stupid, which ends up hurting his team.

Elway would've never lasted with a guy like Jerry Jones. Elway was always about winning...even if he had to take less money to get the Broncos roster better. Thats how Neil Smith became a Bronco. Jerry Jones is always about control...even if his team sucks. Elway would've asked for a trade after 2 or 3 years.

I'd like to know who it was who was so dumb to try to compare Romo and Elway. One guy is a 2-time SB champ, league MVP and is top-5 in almost every QB category historically...while the other guy is a choker-bum who has won nothing, but everyone loves him because of his fantasy stats. Romo's crappy work-ethic is legendary...he plays golf all off-season, until Jerry ordered him to start working on football after he got his big-contract. Pathetic.

I'd really like to know who made this "Elway-Romo" comparison. Maybe it was Jessica Simpson or Carrie Underwood....
    Last edited by mct1967; 07-31-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway lead Denver to 3 Superbowls...
    I thought Elways went to 5 SBs?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    In fact he did. But in the first three Elway went to...he pretty much carried the team to them.

I grew up watching John Elway lead the Broncos to many great wins. Many give TD credit for Elways 2 Superbowls. One argument I always bring up is what did TD do after Elway left? Teams basically put 8 in the box and Davis didn't lead Denver to anything. Elway lead Denver to 3 Superbowls with Sammy Winder, Steve Sewell and Bobby Humphries those are household names right. I think they
    Neither one could have done it without the other. And they BOTH would not have done it without Shanahan. Who knows what Davis could have done it he hadnt gotten hurt, thanks Griese!

Alot of people dont realise that Denver made those First 3 Elway Super Bowls on DEFENSE too!!! And the 77 SB. Elway didnt do it alone, like everyone seems to believe.

And Winder had 2 1000 yard seasons, and so did Humphries, so they werent all bad!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by mct1967 View Post
    No matter how much talent the Cowboys had, have or will have....Jerry Jones has, is and will be the reason the Cowboys will always be an underachieving 8-8 team every year.

Jerry's ego and lack of respect for Jimmie Johnson was the reason Jimmie quit and they got lucky they won that one SB against the Steelers after Jimmie was gone. Since Jimmie quit in '94, the Cowgirls have had one good HC...Parcells and he quit for the same reasons Jimmie quit. All the other HCs at Dallas have been weak puppets who players dont respect. Jones wants weak HCs he can control...a la Al Davis. At least Al had coaching experience and a knowledge (albeit outdated) about football. Jerry Jones only knows about oil and making money...yet he thinks that somehow gives him devine insight on how to be an NFL GM and good owner. And what's even more pathetic is he's admitted to the media he would've fired someone who made the GM mistakes he's made....yet he still wont replace himself with a real GM who knows what he's doing. Jones spoils his players making them weak and seems to love the spotlight way too much, since almost every season he says something stupid, which ends up hurting his team.

Elway would've never lasted with a guy like Jerry Jones. Elway was always about winning...even if he had to take less money to get the Broncos roster better. Thats how Neil Smith became a Bronco. Jerry Jones is always about control...even if his team sucks. Elway would've asked for a trade after 2 or 3 years.

I'd like to know who it was who was so dumb to try to compare Romo and Elway. One guy is a 2-time SB champ, league MVP and is top-5 in almost every QB category historically...while the other guy is a choker-bum who has won nothing, but everyone loves him because of his fantasy stats. Romo's crappy work-ethic is legendary...he plays golf all off-season, until Jerry ordered him to start working on football after he got his big-contract. Pathetic.

I'd really like to know who made this "Elway-Romo" comparison. Maybe it was Jessica Simpson or Carrie Underwood....
    I know, it FRIGGIN AWESOME AINT IT!!!! It hope Jones lives as long as the CRYPT KEEPER did, so he can CONTINUE to drag down the Cowgirls just like Davis did the Faiders!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Yes your correct but he went to 3 without Davis and Davis dudnt make it through a season without Elway so dont really know how far the Broncos woulf have gone.

What I think is interesting is the Broncos have won two playoff games (Plummer &Tebow) in the 14 years since John Elway left.

elway absolutely needed TD and many other great players around him to win those rings and so did TD, i don't think those rigs are won if either of them were not there.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    elway absolutely needed TD and many other great players around him to win those rings and so did TD, i don't think those rigs are won if either of them were not there.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Rivers has had great talent around him has never won
    Brees did when he got help
    : LAUGH

I grew up watching John Elway lead the Broncos to many great wins. Many give TD credit for Elways 2 Superbowls. One argument I always bring up is what did TD do after Elway left? Teams basically put 8 in the box and Davis didn't lead Denver to anything. Elway lead Denver to 3 Superbowls with Sammy Winder, Steve Sewell and Bobby Humphries those are household names right. I think they
    You must have been crapping on the toilet when you started this post and then you said "I think they"...did I just hear a "flush"?

I'm a Charger fan and I feel the need to school you about your own team.
    Elway didn't have a great game in 1997. He did make some great plays but overall his stats were classic "I suck in the Super Bowl" Elway. If it wasn't for TD I don't see the Broncos winning the 1997 SB.

1998 Elway had his best game in the SB and what a way to close out a phenomenal career.

1999 TD career started to go down hill with limited action due to injuries and then the blow out injury in week 4 vs the Jets which ended his season. From that point forward he was ineffective due to nagging injuries and surgeries and ended his career on a low note.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....

Quote Originally Posted by mct1967 View Post

It was one of the guys on mile highs sports he said staubach was better and then the guys on nfl am made the romo comparison

Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    You must have been crapping on the toilet when you started this post and then you said "I think they"...did I just hear a "flush"?

Elway didn't have a great game in 1997. He did make some great plays but overall his stats were classic "I suck in the Super Bowl" Elway. If it wasn't for TD I don't see the Broncos winning the 1997 SB.

1998 Elway had his best game in the SB and what a way to close out a phenomenal career.

1999 TD career started to go down hill with limited action due to injuries and then the blow out injury in week 4 vs the Jets which ended his season. From that point forward he was ineffective due to nagging injuries and surgeries and ended his career on a low note.
    Let me school u son first of all elway led his team to the superbowl and the packers got burned because they played the pass in the game and dared denver to run because they thought g Gilbert brown was unblockable elway didnt have huge numbers like he did the following year when he wad mvp

Quote Originally Posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

Elways threat to throw held the safetys back allowing davis to run free elway also had a huge first down run on the game winninh drive and he had a bootleg td earlier in the game