Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GOD-del Ruins Another NFL Tradition

Hitler-Roger has not only changed WHEN the Pro-Bowl is played...now he's changed HOW the game is played...no more AFC vs. NFC. Now the teams are made up from some kind of retarded draft system.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I cant stand this guy. I've never seen a pro-sports commisioner make so many unnecessary changes (in only 7 years!) and destroy so many traditions, just so he can get off on his power-trip. This guy is a dictator in every sense of the word. He's such an ego-maniac, in an interview he wouldnt even comment on what his detractors say, because he thinks he doesnt have any. Wow! What delusion! This is the kind of dude who'll do whatever he wants and basically doenst give a rat's butt about tradition or what anyone else thinks. Unless its the owners....he'll kiss their butts 24-hours a day. Why? They're the only ones who can fire him.

In addition to the NFL logo changes, rules changes, a lock-out, a ref lock-out, changes to the draft, CBA changes and changes to how players are punished for on-field and off-field transgretions...now he's getting rid of another tradition. Nothing historical or traditional about the NFL is sacred to this guy. He changed the AFC and NFC Champ trophies and now they look like some kind of cheap metal-shop project from a high-school. Just watch, he'll change the Lombardi Trophy to the Goddel Trophy and change how that looks too. He demanded all-encompassing power during the lock-out a couple years ago and unfortunately the NFLPA gave it to him and he's been abusing that power ever since.

GOD-del almost really screwed himself with the Saints suspensions. When Roj was asked by Vilma's lawyers to produce and reveal the NFL's sources for the info they used to hand out the suspensions...Roj and his lawyer-boys caved and settled, basically giving Vilma what he wanted. Why'd Roj cave? Either he didnt want to reveal his spies in the NFL or there were no sources. Either way, this dude is bad for the NFL and its only a matter of time, before he pisses off the owners and they vote him out of the commisioner seat. I will celebrate that day.

Look at this retarded "Crown of helmet rule". Yes, its good to be concerned about player-safety, but this new rule is totally unrealistic. How are refs going to enforce this? You'd have to put a dozen more refs on the field to accurately enforce this rule or they'd have to go under the replay-hood every play. If the stripes even try to enforce this there's going to be yellow on the field almost every play and football games will last 4 hours or more. The NFL needs to fund research to make better shock-absorbtion in helmets in my opinion...not change rules.

There's my rant...whatta you guys think?
    Last edited by mct1967; 07-31-2013 at 01:11 PM.

The pro bowl is no big deal. That's what I think.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Right you are, but Goodell is a tool.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    He is indeed. Almost as bad as Gary Bettman.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Idk, I think it sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Hard to ruin a tradition that is really crappy

That said, I think is is a stupid idea. But whatever.

Agreed

Eh, not a big deal really. The pro bowl has been unwatchable for awhile, it isn't interesting so there isn't anything wrong with changing it up. It's better than getting rid of it in general and it's better than moving it to Miami.

I for one think all these all-star games should do it the way the NHL does it. Pick 2 captains and let them Draft/pick players to be on their team.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Ironically, the change to the Pro Bowl wasn't Goodell's idea. The league wanted to scrap the game altogether, but the NFLPA (under the leadership of ex-Bronco Dominique Foxworth) worked with a group of players to come up with some ideas to save the game. They presented them to Goodell, the league liked it, and BAM! - just like that they've added some spice to a rather bland dish.

Now, will it taste good? Or even better than what we had? I guess we'll find out.

I, for one, might actually watch it this year.

Winter is Coming!

Everything was all good before Goodell showed up.
    Dude- he even changed the super bowl logo............... Remember when the logo was all cool looking with different colors and all, well now its simply a plain grey logo.
    I can't wait till he leaves.
    OLD-

NEW-
    ***GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES***

When Roj gets booed at the draft, I always ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Ironically, the change to the Pro Bowl wasn't Goodell's idea. The league wanted to scrap the game altogether, but the NFLPA (under the leadership of ex-Bronco Dominique Foxworth) worked with a group of players to come up with some ideas to save the game. They presented them to Goodell, the league liked it, and BAM! - just like that they've added some spice to a rather bland dish.

Now, will it taste good? Or even better than what we had? I guess we'll find out.

I, for one, might actually watch it this year.

I, for one...am completely SHOCKED that GOD-del would defer power to others in his castle.

Nothing but a desperate attempt to hype up an unwatchable event. I will prob be drawn in for one year....so I guess its not a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by #01BroncoFan View Post
    Everything was all good before Goodell showed up.
    Dude- he even changed the super bowl logo............... Remember when the logo was all cool looking with different colors and all, well now its simply a plain grey logo.
    I can't wait till he leaves.
    OLD-

NEW-
    Excellent point. He's changed so many things, I cant keep track anymore. Those new SB logos look like some kind of drab, depressing design from a Communist country.

I think I watched the ProBowl once and that was enough. It's pretty much a dead event. Haven't they been talking about getting rid of it altogether? It's a mock football game played after a season. Most vets don't care to get on a 5-10 hour flight to play fake football.

As for what Goodell has done I don't really get ALL the complaints. Has he made perfect decisions, nope. Can anyone, nope. He's grown the game. Players can complain while they drive Bentley's. Owners can complain from box suites in billion dollar stadiums. He's run a pretty successful business no matter how much people complain.

As for safety. It would be far easier for him to turn a blind eye especially when it comes to the long term affects. He'd probably be long gone by the time the Polamalu's of the world are invilids. The safety measures, even if they are misguided in some ways, are for the long term health of the game. The physics of the game are constantly changing and it's not in favor of what the body can tolerate. If there were another guy in place would he be doing any different?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I think I watched the ProBowl once and that was enough. It's pretty much a dead event. Haven't they been talking about getting rid of it altogether? It's a mock football game played after a season. Most vets don't care to get on a 5-10 hour flight to play fake football.

As for what Goodell has done I don't really get ALL the complaints. Has he made perfect decisions, nope. Can anyone, nope. He's grown the game. Players can complain while they drive Bentley's. Owners can complain from box suites in billion dollar stadiums. He's run a pretty successful business no matter how much people complain.

As for safety. It would be far easier for him to turn a blind eye especially when it comes to the long term affects. He'd probably be long gone by the time the Polamalu's of the world are invilids. The safety measures, even if they are misguided in some ways, are for the long term health of the game. The physics of the game are constantly changing and it's not in favor of what the body can tolerate. If there were another guy in place would he be doing any different?
    Money and wealth is not the end all be all of success. If I steal a million dollars, am I as successful as someone who earned a million dollars? No.

Its not whether you win or lose, its how you play the game.

Tagliabue didnt run the NFL as heavy-handed as Roj. He basically kept the league as Rozelle created it and it ran smoothly and still made money.
    Last edited by mct1967; 07-31-2013 at 01:47 PM.