• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SBboundBRONCOS
    some fans are just dumb
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    In my money league I pick at 4 and my choice is likely Charles or Spiller......but which one? That is the question that I will struggle with up till my pick goes in...
    im at 5 and ill likely have the same 2 options. since 2 QBs im guessing will go top 5 along with AP. I'm assuming ill have my choice or either martin, foster, charles, or spiller. which makes it even harder.

Im leaning towards spiller then charles no matter what, unless something ridiculous happens ill get one of the 2.
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
      some fans are just dumb
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
      WR is sooo deep that the scenario you mentioned is what I am considering as well. Graham is a safe bet and makes up the points you would lose on a tier 1 vs tier 1a WR.

Welker and Sproles will get theirs, theres no doubt in my mind....but in standard scoring leagues I think they are getting drafted a bit too high.
      i dont even think you lose a tier 1 WR if you get one in the 3rd. That site i was using still had like Julio Jones around at some mocks. WR is ridiculous this year
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

• HUMCALC
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
        im at 5 and ill likely have the same 2 options. since 2 QBs im guessing will go top 5 along with AP. I'm assuming ill have my choice or either martin, foster, charles, or spiller. which makes it even harder.

Im leaning towards spiller then charles no matter what, unless something ridiculous happens ill get one of the 2.
        I don't get the Spiller hype. I wasn't impressed with him in college, nor am I impressed with him thus far, into his pro career. I wouldn't look at him until round 3 at the earliest, but that's just me
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
          The ArchAngel
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          I don't get the Spiller hype. I wasn't impressed with him in college, nor am I impressed with him thus far, into his pro career. I wouldn't look at him until round 3 at the earliest, but that's just me
          Same here, but I think he's good and the Bills OC said they plan on giving him the ball as much as they can. So he's gonna get carries, just gotta do something with it and hope the OL can provide enough. I'd take him in the 4th.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
            some fans are just dumb
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            not impressed with 200 carries for 1200 yards?? 6 ypc AND caught 43 balls last year?

crazy to think thats not impressive by your standards esp in a PPR
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
              The ArchAngel
              • Jan 2009

Did a NFL.com draft, someone drafted Luck first round. Defense was being picked in the 4th round.

Which allowed me to grab Jones Drew, Spiller, and Morris.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• sbxxxiichamps
                • Sep 2008

Not impressed with Spiller? the dude had 1200 yards with a 6 yds a carry average last year. The ONLY other runningbacks to do that? Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, O.J. Simpson (HOF), and Barry Sandersf (HOF)....not too mention their OC came out and said they are going to run him until he throws up this year....

In my big league, (14 teams, PPR), I'm drafting 9th. Last year the first round had QBs fly off the shelf so really this league is unpredictable...my mocks didn't help whatsoever. Anyways, I'm desperately trying to move up. The only 2 players I want in the 1st are either Spiller or J. Charles and my scheming hasn't gotten me any closer to moving up so far
                sigpic
                Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

• underrated29
                  Why did the fans get Dumb
                  • Feb 2006

Wow. Lots of wow.

1. I LOVE both charles and spiller this year. If it was me I rank Charles ahead of spiller. Both IMO, will be top 5 backs- followed up by trich and the big guys (AD, Foster, etc)

Charles has an easy schedule and will likely have more room to run with an adequate QB. In a PPR he is Gold.

2. Spiller is a super stud and I cannot even fathom, even remotely how some can not think he is that good. That is like saying the raiders are Awesome! Its so far from reality I cannot accept it as truth. He catches tons of balls and likely will catch more this year with an increased workload. FredJ- is looking more like the goalline/short yardage guy and he is old and busted. Spiller is insane!!! Buffalo is also moving Stevie Johnson (another severely underrated wr) in the slot this year- which will only help clear out those LBs for spiller. Stevie J is a big WR and blocks well!

It depends on how your league scores and drafts. For me I have pick 4,5 and 7 in my three leagues. I am taking Peyton at pick 5 and hopefully 7 in two of them. My other league QBs tend to get drafted a bit later so I can roll with charles or spiller at 4- and follow it up with Peyton in the 2nd. - Might think Im going homer with Peyton but I do not see anyway he doesnt eclipse the 37 tds he threw this year, plus our easier schedule, chemistry - no mike suckoy as oc- and well. I think he BALLS out hard this year!
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• sbxxxiichamps
                    • Sep 2008

^^^I would probably take Brees first at the QB position. However I would take Manning before Rodgers whose ranked the #1 everywhere.
                    sigpic

Comment

• underrated29
                      • Feb 2006

I dont think brees will fall to me. I suspect the first will go like:

AD
                      Foster
                      Rodgers/Brees
                      Rodgers/Brees
                      Me- Fire up the grill Peyton!

The first year I cleared the waitlist for the league I went RB at 3....I had a choice of matt ryan, tony romeo and thats about it....ALL the good QBs went in rd 1 or early rd 2. Needless, to say I waited on a QB then, but if you want a big time QB in this league- you gotta get em early.
                      So far:

Comment

• sbxxxiichamps
                        • Sep 2008

So right now I did some moving around in my 14 team ppr league and have the 4, 25, 48, 53, 65, 76 picks and so on.

So I have all but guaranteed I get my guy in Spiller, but then my bro offered me the the 22nd, 50th, and a 10th round pick for my 4th pick.

I would lose out on a potential top 5 RB, regardless if I take Spiller or not, but I could definitely fill out a well rounded team if I accept. Thoughts?

Personally I'm leading towards keeping my 4th overall pick...First year I've seen people trade draft picks lol.
                        Last edited by sbxxxiichamps; 08-08-2013, 08:11 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                          some fans are just dumb
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
                          So right now I did some moving around in my 14 team ppr league and have the 4, 25, 48, 53, 65, 76 picks and so on.

So I have all but guaranteed I get my guy in Spiller, but then my bro offered me the the 22nd, 50th, and a 10th round pick for my 4th pick.

I would lose out on a potential top 5 RB, regardless if I take Spiller or not, but I could definitely fill out a well rounded team if I accept. Thoughts?

Personally I'm leading towards keeping my 4th overall pick...First year I've seen people trade draft picks lol.
                          i say keep it, other wise you dont pick until 22. get the stud and you likely have enough picks to still make an awesome team, otherwise you will be playing with your lineup every week
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

• sbxxxiichamps
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                            i say keep it, other wise you dont pick until 22. get the stud and you likely have enough picks to still make an awesome team, otherwise you will be playing with your lineup every week
                            Good point!

Yea I definitely want a top guy. Never got to pick this high so I'm excited and might as well stick with Spiller.
                            sigpic

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post

Yeah I think you have to keep it....especially in a 14 team league. RBs will be hard to come by and wrs are plentiful this year. Those big leagues are tough! One injury can really screw your team over.
                              Good luck this season

Comment

• underrated29
                                • Feb 2006

Stay at 4 and take charles or spiller.
                                So far:

Comment

Working...
                                X