• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel
    • Jan 2009

The Fantasy Football Thread

It's that time of year, so I figured I'd make a fantasy thread. And figured this would be easier on the mods and easier for people to find.

In this thread post everything fantasy.(Start 'em sit 'em, your drafts, thoughts on players, steals, players people should pass on,etc.)
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

I think people should pass on Brady this year. Usually for me he is a must top two picks.

I'm sure he will still put up 30 TD's and under 10 int's. But his production should drop with the loss of his big three.

I also expect to see Manning back in first rounds this year. Last year I think he averaged 6th or 7th round.

I tried to steal him third round because I had a gut feeling. That backfired waiting that long as someone else picked him before
    I could. I won't be making that mistake again this year.

I also expect AP to have a slight drop off from last year. But he will be above 1,500 yards.
    sigpic

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
      The ArchAngel
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I think people should pass on Brady this year. Usually for me he is a must top two picks.

I'm sure he will still put up 30 TD's and under 10 int's. But his production should drop with the loss of his big three.

I also expect to see Manning back in first rounds this year. Last year I think he averaged 6th or 7th round.

I tried to steal him third round because I had a gut feeling. That backfired waiting that long as someone else picked him before
      I could. I won't be making that mistake again this year.

I also expect AP to have a slight drop off from last year. But he will be above 1,500 yards.
      I agree that Brady isn't a 1 or 2nd round pick this year, but it also depends on the size of your league, where you're drafting, and who was picked before. Some drafts are really unpredictable so the only way you can get a good starting QB is take a Brady or Brees in the 2nd.(never the first.)
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
        The ArchAngel
        • Jan 2009

A random draft I joined, had the 5th pick. Didn't go the way I wanted it to go because how out of place a couple people was drafting.

But here is the rotation:
        QB: Tom Brady- RGIII
        RB: Marshawn Lynch-Maurice Jones-Drew-Montee Ball-Shane Vereen
        WR: Calvin Johnson-Randall Cobb-Danny Amendola-Tavon Austin
        TE: Vernon Davis-Ed Dickson
        D/ST: Packers-Bears
        K: Matt Prater-Sebastian Janikowski

My opinion it isn't a terrible draft, but it's obvious I'm hope Amendola can stay healthy and him & Brady click. I think Tavon is a beast, but his play depends on his QB. Randall Cobb is pretty much a solid flex player but not 2nd WR.
        Bears did good for me last year so why not. People took defenses early I took em last. I'm hoping Green Bay's defense lives up to the potential they can play at. They have the talent, just need to execute.

Prater and Janikowski are the best kickers in the league.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• HUMCALC
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          A random draft I joined, had the 5th pick. Didn't go the way I wanted it to go because how out of place a couple people was drafting.

My opinion it isn't a terrible draft, but it's obvious I'm hope Amendola can stay healthy and him & Brady click. I think Tavon is a beast, but his play depends on his QB. Randall Cobb is pretty much a solid flex player but not 2nd WR.
          Bears did good for me last year so why not. People took defenses early I took em last. I'm hoping Green Bay's defense lives up to the potential they can play at. They have the talent, just need to execute.

I give your draft a B+. Who's the best QB/RB pairing of the following? :

Wilson/Lynch
          RG3/Morris
          Freeman/Martin
          Flacco/Rice
          Alex Smith/Charles
          Cutler/Forte
          Ponder/Peterson
          Ryan/Jackson
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
            Starter
            • Nov 2010

The only rookies I would consider touching are Tavon Austin and Gio Bernard.

The rest are all so uncertain. Those guys are the only ones where I know they're gonna have a large role.

Comment

• FlowdaBroncoFan
              Starter
              • Mar 2009

Who do you think will produce more? Hillman or Moreno?
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                some fans are just dumb
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

why are you carrying 2 kickers and 2 def? IMO those spots could have been better served for depth at important positions

other than that not a bad draft. Is it a 1QB league? if so i think you may be able to upgrade your RBs with a RG3 trade because RBs looks kinda bad on there
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                  some fans are just dumb
                  • Mar 2007

I am trying to figure out my strategy in my big league

2qb - 2rb - 3wr - 1rb/wr/te - 1def - 1K with 6 bench spots

scoring is a lot different than normal leagues
                  5 for pass TD but 1pt for 20yrds, -2int
                  6 for rush/rec TD 1pt for 10yrds 1PPR

i have the 5th pick in a 10 team league. Thinking first 3 picks are rodgers, brees, AP in some order. No idea who will go 4th. I really want Charles at 5 but also considering Doug Martin/ M Lynch and foster might fall to me (injury worries)

then thinking about going QB with my 2nd rounder depending on who is still sitting there (cam may be wishful thinking, but id love him)

this draft is always unpredictable though
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                    The ArchAngel
                    • Jan 2009

I always carry 2 kickers and 2 defenses. Saves me from having to get one during the starter's bye week.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                      some fans are just dumb
                      • Mar 2007

What do you guys think of Tavon Austin? Im reading hes incredibly explosive in the offense already and they dont really have any competition. Is he worthy of a 6-7th rounder?
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                        The ArchAngel
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                        What do you guys think of Tavon Austin? Im reading hes incredibly explosive in the offense already and they dont really have any competition. Is he worthy of a 6-7th rounder?
                        Dude has the talent, skill, and potential to be a top wide out....but Sam Bradford is his QB. I'd say it depends on who is still on the board at WR and if you believe the hype. Could be a steal...could be average.

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                        Who do you think will produce more? Hillman or Moreno?
                        I'd wager Hillman, I don't Moreno is gonna see the field that much unless someone is injured.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          I am trying to figure out my strategy in my big league

2qb - 2rb - 3wr - 1rb/wr/te - 1def - 1K with 6 bench spots

scoring is a lot different than normal leagues
                          5 for pass TD but 1pt for 20yrds, -2int
                          6 for rush/rec TD 1pt for 10yrds 1PPR

i have the 5th pick in a 10 team league. Thinking first 3 picks are rodgers, brees, AP in some order. No idea who will go 4th. I really want Charles at 5 but also considering Doug Martin/ M Lynch and foster might fall to me (injury worries)

then thinking about going QB with my 2nd rounder depending on who is still sitting there (cam may be wishful thinking, but id love him)

this draft is always unpredictable though
                          My big money league is also a PPR league and I pick 4th....I am taking Charles if hes there (likely).
                          It seems for a PPR league your QBs are going pretty high I guess when its a 2 QB league you need to grab them, but if you wait and target guys like Stafford, Romo, Dalton, etc you will probably more than make up for it by gaining value in the early rounds (assuming people in your league will draft QBs that early)
                          Personally I can never bring myself to draft a QB early, granted we only play 1 QB but every year someone slips who is more than capable of getting good points. I target pass catching RBs and slot Wrs and with the huge difference in catches between the top 5 or so TEs and the rest, I usually draft one at least a rd before projected value.

Good luck this season

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                            some fans are just dumb
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                            My big money league is also a PPR league and I pick 4th....I am taking Charles if hes there (likely).
                            It seems for a PPR league your QBs are going pretty high I guess when its a 2 QB league you need to grab them, but if you wait and target guys like Stafford, Romo, Dalton, etc you will probably more than make up for it by gaining value in the early rounds (assuming people in your league will draft QBs that early)
                            Personally I can never bring myself to draft a QB early, granted we only play 1 QB but every year someone slips who is more than capable of getting good points. I target pass catching RBs and slot Wrs and with the huge difference in catches between the top 5 or so TEs and the rest, I usually draft one at least a rd before projected value.

Good luck this season
                            yeah the 2 starting QBs really change the Dynamics of the draft A LOT. They become MUCH more valuable

i really want to go Charles/Marshall (or another stud WR in PPR) but the problem is QBS fly off the board and i dont think stafford, ryan, romo, will be there come the 3rd. Guess i have to wait and see or take my chances on Freeman, Flacco, Dalton

and im also thinking ill have to grab Tavon Austin in the 7th if i want a shot at him

been playing around on this all day http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/?sport=nfl
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                              The ArchAngel
                              • Jan 2009

I took him in the 7-8th in 2 leagues(all H2H snake draft leagues on ESPN)
                              It really depends on how the other people are drafting. If you notice someone is going heavy on RB's early, they might grab someone like Austin in at 5-6.

These drafts are really unpredictable. One of the leagues I'm in someone drafted a kicker in the 5th, a defense in the 4th. In other league Romo got drafted before Brees.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X