• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atwaterandstir
    Football Immortal
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    yeah the 2 starting QBs really change the Dynamics of the draft A LOT. They become MUCH more valuable

i really want to go Charles/Marshall (or another stud WR in PPR) but the problem is QBS fly off the board and i dont think stafford, ryan, romo, will be there come the 3rd. Guess i have to wait and see.

and im also thinking ill have to grab Tavon Austin in the 7th if i want a shot at him

been playing around on this all day http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/?sport=nfl
    I really like Austin as well...especially in a PPR league. Woodhead from SD and Edelman from NE both will have large roles that will make their value much better than their preseason ranking IMO. In our league it happens so often that whoever hits on those late picks usually is right in the mix for the title.
    Any guys you see with some hidden extra value?

Comment

• HUMCALC
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2011

I make my $ in trades. Last year I traded for: Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Morris, Stafford, Schaub, Harvin, Cobb, and Calvin Johnson
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• atwaterandstir
        Football Immortal
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        I make my $ in trades. Last year I traded for: Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Morris, Stafford, Schaub, Harvin, Cobb, and Calvin Johnson
        I used to consider myself the trade master of our league but then we decided to go a different route a few years back.

Now trades are quite pricey in our league....we all pay $500.00 to enter (10 teams) and trades will run you 25.00 (each team involved). So every time a trade is made 50.00 gets added to the pot. Last year we had an additional 1200.00 in transaction money, this way we can keep it interesting with payouts for weekly highs, championship game runner up, division winners, and of course the winner of the TBC (toilet bowl championship.....9th vs 10th).
        The majority of course goes to the Champ, but nearly everybody gets at least something back on championship day.
        Last edited by atwaterandstir; 08-06-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
          The ArchAngel
          • Jan 2009

Anybody you guys notice going too early? I've had a few drafts now and I keep seeing people take Ridley in the 3rd, sometimes 2nd. I don't think he is gonna have that good of a season.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• atwaterandstir
            Football Immortal
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Anybody you guys notice going too early? I've had a few drafts now and I keep seeing people take Ridley in the 3rd, sometimes 2nd. I don't think he is gonna have that good of a season.
            What type of league is it Standard or PPR?

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
              The ArchAngel
              • Jan 2009

Standard, I don't do PPR.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                Football Immortal
                • Jul 2012

Standard, I don't do PPR.
                I think Sproles, Welker and MJD are being drafted too high for a standard scoring league. All will likely be very good contributors, but I don't think any of these guys will score enough TDs to justify where I have seen them getting drafted.
                I think this is the year we finally see a significant drop from Tony Gonzales as well. Age has to play a factor sometime right? I think a guy like Martellus Bennett or Greg Olson will be nearly as productive and can be had a few rds later.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                  The ArchAngel
                  • Jan 2009

Draft I just did, selected at 6 and wanted to see what would happen if I passed up on QB's till the middle to last rounds.

QB: Stafford-Romo
                  RB: Rice-Richardson-McFadden-Ball
                  WR: Marshall-Jones-Decker-Austin
                  TE: Daniels-Gronkowski
                  K: Janikowski-Crosby
                  D/ST: Broncos-Ravens

Obviously Gronk is a high risk high reward pick, but he was there and I needed a TE. Wide outs could use work, but I like em as if. The potential is there with James Jones and Tavon Austin. I think Decker will be better this year than last year. He did well for me last year. Marshall is do for a big year, I wanted Thomas over Decker but he got grabbed 2 picks ahead. Janikowski is top 2 for best kicker no brainer with grabbing him. Crosby to me is a steal at kicker, he is a really good kicker but last season was awful for him, so he's gonna wanna have a big season to keep his job.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• HUMCALC
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                    I used to consider myself the trade master of our league but then we decided to go a different route a few years back.

Now trades are quite pricey in our league....we all pay $500.00 to enter (10 teams) and trades will run you 25.00 (each team involved). So every time a trade is made 50.00 gets added to the pot. Last year we had an additional 1200.00 in transaction money, this way we can keep it interesting with payouts for weekly highs, championship game runner up, division winners, and of course the winner of the TBC (toilet bowl championship.....9th vs 10th).
                    The majority of course goes to the Champ, but nearly everybody gets at least something back on championship day.
                    Luckily for me, I'm playing with friends
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                      some fans are just dumb
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      I think Sproles, Welker and MJD are being drafted too high for a standard scoring league. All will likely be very good contributors, but I don't think any of these guys will score enough TDs to justify where I have seen them getting drafted.
                      I think this is the year we finally see a significant drop from Tony Gonzales as well. Age has to play a factor sometime right? I think a guy like Martellus Bennett or Greg Olson will be nearly as productive and can be had a few rds later.
                      I agree, but all have pretty decent value in PPR. I am not really happy with the TE group this year. Outside of Gronk and Graham nobody really does it for me and i think you will be better served waiting and filling out almost all your other starting spots. OR do the complete opposite and grab graham in the 2nd and hope WR is deep enough that you are basically playing a player that is THAT much better than anyone else other teams have starting
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                        The ArchAngel
                        • Jan 2009

Also noticed people are really high on Colin Kaepernick. People are passing up on Jones-Drew, ignoring James Jones, high on C.J Spiller, and high on Vernon Davis.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                          some fans are just dumb
                          • Mar 2007

Also noticed people are really high on Colin Kaepernick. People are passing up on Jones-Drew, ignoring James Jones, high on C.J Spiller, and high on Vernon Davis.
                          i might take spiller at 5. He is going to be the center piece of that offense catching and rushing and they are going to utilize him in the red zone more

i think he may be #1-2 FF RB this year
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jul 2012

Jones Drew with the Lisfranc injury concerns me.....he may play without any problems, but that injury can be devastating.
                            I dont get it with James Jones, he should see an increase from last year no doubt but somehow he slips in the drafts I have seen. With Nelson hurt, and Jennings gone I think Jones and Finley will have excellent years in that offense.

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jul 2012

I agree, but all have pretty decent value in PPR. I am not really happy with the TE group this year. Outside of Gronk and Graham nobody really does it for me and i think you will be better served waiting and filling out almost all your other starting spots. OR do the complete opposite and grab graham in the 2nd and hope WR is deep enough that you are basically playing a player that is THAT much better than anyone else other teams have starting
                              WR is sooo deep that the scenario you mentioned is what I am considering as well. Graham is a safe bet and makes up the points you would lose on a tier 1 vs tier 1a WR.

Welker and Sproles will get theirs, theres no doubt in my mind....but in standard scoring leagues I think they are getting drafted a bit too high.

Comment

• atwaterandstir
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jul 2012

i might take spiller at 5. He is going to be the center piece of that offense catching and rushing and they are going to utilize him in the red zone more

i think he may be #1-2 FF RB this year

In my money league I pick at 4 and my choice is likely Charles or Spiller......but which one? That is the question that I will struggle with up till my pick goes in...

Comment

Working...
                                X