Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    I usually sign up for my leagues around the 3rd week of preseason, that way I don't get bit by the injury bug. Week 4 the starters don't play anyways

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I usually sign up for my leagues around the 3rd week of preseason, that way I don't get bit by the injury bug. Week 4 the starters don't play anyways
    Yeah we don't draft until after pre3.....but we do draw out our draft positions weeks before.

I like to do a bunch of mocks to get an idea what strategy to pursue. With the huuge number of quality WRs plus a few additional QBs to consider I am finding a trend of real good steals(in theory) on WR and QB both in the mid rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Yeah we don't draft until after pre3.....but we do draw out our draft positions weeks before.

I like to do a bunch of mocks to get an idea what strategy to pursue. With the huuge number of quality WRs plus a few additional QBs to consider I am finding a trend of real good steals(in theory) on WR and QB both in the mid rounds.
    same, no reason you cant sign up and just not draft. i like knowing some kind of strategy before heading into the draft
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Yeah I think you have to keep it....especially in a 14 team league. RBs will be hard to come by and wrs are plentiful this year. Those big leagues are tough! One injury can really screw your team over.
    Good luck this season
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Stay at 4 and take charles or spiller.
    I concur

Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Do you guys follow a general draft strategy each year? I usually just target the players I think have the most potential to breakout or guys that I really love, I see where they're generally get drafted and pick them a round higher. I generally don't go RB first but theres a first for everything. Its worked out well for me so far Id have to say.

I know my dad used to script his entire draft kind of like a head coach scripts the first 10-15 plays of a game...I always thought that was kind of dumb lol.

And then my one brother goes straight down the list often. His picks go QB, RB, RB, WR, WR.....and hes made the playoffs like 4 out of the last 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
    Do you guys follow a general draft strategy each year? I usually just target the players I think have the most potential to breakout or guys that I really love, I see where they're generally get drafted and pick them a round higher. I generally don't go RB first but theres a first for everything. Its worked out well for me so far Id have to say.

I know my dad used to script his entire draft kind of like a head coach scripts the first 10-15 plays of a game...I always thought that was kind of dumb lol.

And then my one brother goes straight down the list often. His picks go QB, RB, RB, WR, WR.....and hes made the playoffs like 4 out of the last 5 years!

I more or less do. I do a ton of mocks before hand, like several hundred, and base how I'm going to draft off of where I see players going and my own personal rankings. I'm not going to reveal how I draft and what not here but I play in three money leagues that are very competitive. I will say I never ever ever take a wr in the first two rounds unless megatron would fall to me.- even in a ppr.

NFL.com draft. Picked 9th.
    QB: RGIII-Schaub
    RB: Spiller-Martin-Jones Drew-Ball
    WR: Fitzgerald-Jones-Johnson-Austin
    TE: Daniels
    D/ST: Packers-Ravens
    K: Janikowski-Crosby

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Mines is mostly the standard way, RB-RB/QB-WR-RB/WR-RB/WR so on until like round 9 then I'd take a TE, sometimes I'll wait even longer for a TE. Draft kickers and defense last.

At those positions I draft who I think will be good thing season and always keep my eyes on players being overlooked like Owen Daniels, James Jones, Finley, Tavon Austin,etc.

This method has worked for me so far. Since I started doing fantasy football in 2010, I've always been in the playoffs.
    Last season out of 10 ESPN leagues, I won the championship in 4 of them, finished 2nd in 4, finished 3rd in 2.
    Out of 7 NFL leagues, won in 3, finished 2nd in 2, finished 4th in 2.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

I usually change it up and it really depends on the league format, if its standard i think there is a high emphasis on RBs since the drop of is HUGE. If its PPR it increases WRs value to that of tier 2 RBs. and as i said my league where we start 2 QBs puts a huge emphasis on if you can get that QB1 out the gate.

and even when heading into a draft with a plan it usually goes out the window once the other 9 people start drafting
    -------

For my one league, I have 2 partners who usually overrule me. For my second league, I'm trying a new strategy this year. I'm going to try and draft only players that I like. When I use my head, it always backfires. When I go with my heart, I ALWAYS WIN! That's how come I DOMINATE trades. Like last year, my head told me to draft Steven Jackson over Doug Martin. I did so, but after week 2 week switched RBs, and look at what Martin did. The only player that I hate, and would consider drafting would be Cutler

Yea my plan usually changes as I go lol but I still try not to change it too much.

Here's one I did.

Romo/Freeman.
    Charles/McFadden/Gio/Woodhead
    AJ Green/Cruz/Antonio Brown/Lance Moore/Patterson
    Bennett/Olsen/Heath Miller
    Prater
    Bears D

Just had my draft for the league I'm in with bronx:

QB - Matt Stafford
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Matt Forte
    WR - Marques Colston
    WR - Steve Smith
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    FLEX - The Law Firm (Green-Ellis)
    K - Phil Dawson
    D/ST - Atlanta Falcons

BN - Joe Flacco
    BN - Rashard Mendenhall
    BN - Brian Hartline
    BN - Stevie Johnson
    BN - Julius Thomas (Big sleeper)
    BN - Cincinnati Bengals
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    Just had my draft for the league I'm in with bronx:

QB - Matt Stafford
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Matt Forte
    WR - Marques Colston
    WR - Steve Smith
    TE - Jimmy Graham
    FLEX - The Law Firm (Green-Ellis)
    K - Phil Dawson
    D/ST - Atlanta Falcons

BN - Joe Flacco
    BN - Rashard Mendenhall
    BN - Brian Hartline
    BN - Stevie Johnson
    BN - Julius Thomas (Big sleeper)
    BN - Cincinnati Bengals
    I like your QB's, I've noticed Flacco either go undrafted or close to last.
    Not sold on Mendenhall or the Law Firm(likely to split carries with Gio), solid at WR and defense. Dawson is a good kicker, Hartline is decent if he falls for you keep an out on Mason Crosby.

I'd grade it a B+, would go higher but I don't trust your back up RB's, then again if Forte and AP stay healthy you'd only take them out for the bye week only.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

I go runningbacks, runningbacks, runningbacks. Get hopefully 4 solid starters, potentially 5, and then play the best matchups. You can grab guys like Griffin and Rivers and Roethlisberger at QB later and it's really easy to find a receiver who can get you 6 catches and 50 yards for 11 points as a bare minimum week in and week out.