Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1210
  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    There is a Dirty Santa kind of surprise element to it, though. For example, I drafted Julian Edelman. Another guy took Kareem Hunt in the 14th round. I think Spencer Ware went in the 4th or 5th. Mixon went in the early 3rd. Early draft wasn't my decision, but it's good for a laugh.
    That's why I think drafts should be as close to the 1st game as possible. Even the Zeke situation has been a question mark, and will be for some time perhaps.

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Broncos Country
    Posts
    10,287
    I always do my fantasy drafts after 4th preseason game. Injuries are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Same thing with fantasy baseball, after spring training.

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    127
    Hello. I never ask for Fantasy advice I usually have this stuff dialed in but I'm having a hard time on this one. I have Dalvin cook, someone wants to trade for CJ Anderson. Anderson is number 2 in the league right now through two games, but I take that for a grain of salt, is it an anomaly. We couldn't run the ball at all last year. More importantly CJ has injury history. Cook is an every down Workhorse not splitting carries. It's PPR League. Take the Bronco homerism out, what would you guys do?

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehigh Madness View Post
    Hello. I never ask for Fantasy advice I usually have this stuff dialed in but I'm having a hard time on this one. I have Dalvin cook, someone wants to trade for CJ Anderson. Anderson is number 2 in the league right now through two games, but I take that for a grain of salt, is it an anomaly. We couldn't run the ball at all last year. More importantly CJ has injury history. Cook is an every down Workhorse not splitting carries. It's PPR League. Take the Bronco homerism out, what would you guys do?
    I would say strength of schedule and how good you feel about CJ staying healthy. I have Cook in two leagues, and his strength of schedule isn't exactly a cake walk. Minnesota's offensive line can't run block, and he usually doesn't get significant points until late in games when he breaks one. He's done it in both games so far though, so throw in the potential touchdown factor (should've had one in week 2), and he still seems like a legit #1. If you do decide to trade for CJ though, I'd say handcuff with Charles if possible. On whether or not I would do it...I dunno. That's a tough one. I'd strongly consider though. End of the day, I probably wouldn't do it unless I knew I could handcuff CJ. Whether or not he'd be worth two roster spots though, is up how your roster is set up.

    Almost forgot. Bradford's health does have an effect on Cook. I don't think anyone is afraid of Keenum right now.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 09-19-2017 at 11:20 AM.

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    268
    Lol

    How do I post a pic?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075RLXPHG
    Last edited by donkeyDookie; 09-20-2017 at 01:02 PM.

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,253
    Tell me if you have the same problem I sometimes have.....I often go with players that are playing sooner than later, especially Thursday nighters!!! I mean, I do not put just anyone on my roster, but if two players are sort of close, I might just opt for the guy playing right away, because I lack the will power to wait it out.

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,407
    Any advice with my starting RB situation ???

    I have Gurley and Elliott, I have a hard time benching either. My dilemma is I have CJ sitting there on the bench waiving and jumping up and down trying to get my attention. Should I play him? And who do I sit?

    I almost feel like both Gurley and Elliott are match up proof (except when playing Denver, &#128521

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,253
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Any advice with my starting RB situation ???

    I have Gurley and Elliott, I have a hard time benching either. My dilemma is I have CJ sitting there on the bench waiving and jumping up and down trying to get my attention. Should I play him? And who do I sit?

    I almost feel like both Gurley and Elliott are match up proof (except when playing Denver, ��)
    Why not start all three? I will assume you have some good WRs.

    But I would definitely play Elliott. I am still not a big Gurley fan but he seems better this year. CJ will be up against the #5 rushing D (though it's early to describe teams that way), so he might not be as successful this week. So it's up to you, if you like Gurley's progress or not.

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Why not start all three? I will assume you have some good WRs.

    But I would definitely play Elliott. I am still not a big Gurley fan but he seems better this year. CJ will be up against the #5 rushing D (though it's early to describe teams that way), so he might not be as successful this week. So it's up to you, if you like Gurley's progress or not.
    Wish I could play all 3, don't have a flex spot. Receivers are DT, Dez and Martavis Bryant

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,633
    My dad needs help with his DEF this week. He has 2 GREAT options: #1 DEN's D at home vs. NYG or #2 BAL's D vs. CHI.

    I told him to go with DEN, what do you guys think?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  11. #1181
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,253
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    My dad needs help with his DEF this week. He has 2 GREAT options: #1 DEN's D at home vs. NYG or #2 BAL's D vs. CHI.

    I told him to go with DEN, what do you guys think?
    HC.....it would be pretty hard not to pick The Broncos D this week.....or most weeks! Do the assessment: We are the #1 D again. We are at home. The Giants are a futile bunch and decimated with injuries to their O.

    But yes, 2 good choices. Baltimore has been tough this season. The X factor this week is Trubisky.

    All in all...you go with what you believe, and I believe Denver is the correct choice.

  12. #1182
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    E-arth
    Posts
    15,361
    Fantasy season is going well so far. Out of my many teams only one is slacking at 3-2, mostly because I forgot to bench Carr.

  13. #1183
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,253
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Fantasy season is going well so far. Out of my many teams only one is slacking at 3-2, mostly because I forgot to bench Carr.
    There will be no boasting while I am in suck mode!! You must be the team playing me almost every week!!

    I went back to just one league this year, and now I know why it was better with at least two. More variety, more information by having different scenarios to deal with, more possibilities. But I am going to fight my way till the end. Not a big fan of teams that pretty much fold early on, and make no attempt to win.

    The good news for me this year, I did a review of points scored by teams, including bench points, and I am well above average. Not that it counts, but it shows that I have some depth and quality. Bad news, you have to play the right players each week!!

  14. #1184
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    E-arth
    Posts
    15,361
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    There will be no boasting while I am in suck mode!! You must be the team playing me almost every week!!

    I went back to just one league this year, and now I know why it was better with at least two. More variety, more information by having different scenarios to deal with, more possibilities. But I am going to fight my way till the end. Not a big fan of teams that pretty much fold early on, and make no attempt to win.

    The good news for me this year, I did a review of points scored by teams, including bench points, and I am well above average. Not that it counts, but it shows that I have some depth and quality. Bad news, you have to play the right players each week!!
    I'm almost afraid to mention how many teams I have. People jaws drop and one how much time I'd have to put in.

    I only visit my teams on Sundays, Tuesday's, and Thursdays, on my phone that is always with me.

    But yea I feel like having a number of teams allows me to see what works and what doesn't work for drafting as well as how the teams preform throughout the season, i know next season what to change up.

  15. #1185
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,253
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to mention how many teams I have. People jaws drop and one how much time I'd have to put in.

    I only visit my teams on Sundays, Tuesday's, and Thursdays, on my phone that is always with me.

    But yea I feel like having a number of teams allows me to see what works and what doesn't work for drafting as well as how the teams preform throughout the season, i know next season what to change up.
    On the other hand, I did my share of mock drafts, which initially helped, but as time went on I believe I got predictable. And almost amazingly, in our draft things changed, even though I saw the same patterns time and time again. But it's a compliment to our FF league here that players I expected to be around were gone when I went to pull the trigger. Our Div IV has a lot of skill!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •