Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Officials warn players: Spinning the ball & Mile high salute = 15 yard penalty?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-a-penalty/

This is not a new rule: The 2012 official playing rules listed examples of prohibited acts that will result in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, saying, “These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing.”
    What a freaking joke. No fun league indeed. Good game Goodell Good game

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

They cannot do that to the tradition of mile high salute...

Guess military salute and mile high salute are different in names...

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    we did it all throughout 2012 with no penalties. That's seriously some megalomaniacal stuff refusing to allow players the courtesy of saluting our military.

oh, and serious LULZ at "incredible hulk".... what exactly does that look like??!!

I wouldn't cry if goodell got hulk smashed.

Everyone does sack dances. Curious to see them start to enforce it. Also, the hulk but not the superman? Sounds like Cam Newtonb gets a pass huh? I can't see them punishing guys like Jared Allen for his dances but wouldn't be surprised to see Von get flagged for some of the dances he did last year. Even though they were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    Everyone does sack dances. Curious to see them start to enforce it. Also, the hulk but not the superman? Sounds like Cam Newtonb gets a pass huh? I can't see them punishing guys like Jared Allen for his dances but wouldn't be surprised to see Von get flagged for some of the dances he did last year. Even though they were awesome.
    Same goes for Alfred Morris who does the home run swing when he scores. Interesting they are taking away normal stuff that has been around for a long long time

I just don't get the point of this....I mean the fans eat it up, it doesn't take anything away from the game....Even the over the top stuff like Ocho Cinco's crap wasn't bad enough to warrent penalty.

I'll be so glad if Goodell goes away...

Goodell ist unser Fuhrer! Heil Goodell!
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

i dont feel like reading that closely but it seems that those rules are
    a) from 2012 and not enforced

b) for after a normal play, not a TD. if thats the case im fine with it. players need to stop celebrating doing their jobs. a tackle and a first down dont need to be celebrated
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i dont feel like reading that closely but it seems that those rules are
    a) from 2012 and not enforced

b) for after a normal play, not a TD. if thats the case im fine with it. players need to stop celebrating doing their jobs. a tackle and a first down dont need to be celebrated
    A player deserves to celebrate when they make a big play because of all the work and sacrifice that went in to getting them where they are today. I wan the players celebrating and having fun not being restrained like they are working a job in a cubicle.

Its just after a play, not a TD, and the act has to be directed at a player if you read it thoroughly.

Not that I'm condoning this or think its justified, just a lot of people are reading it wrong.

You can still spin, superman, hulk, salute, homerun swing, michael irvin ( )

You just can't direct it at another player.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    A player deserves to celebrate when they make a big play because of all the work and sacrifice that went in to getting them where they are today. I wan the players celebrating and having fun not being restrained like they are working a job in a cubicle.
    i like the act like youve done it before approach. They can have fun but at some point its ridiculous looking .. making a tackle 5 yards passed the LOS and celebrating, come on man.

If its a great play then yeah they should be allowed but then it comes to the discretion of the ref and im sure we dont want that either.
    -------

No more Von Miller Sack Dances

I awoke this morning to very awful news. The NFL has decided to be stricter on celebrations; including unsportsman like conduct penalties for sack dances. Also no longer accepted is the mile high salute. It's a sad day, I hate Goodell.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-a-penalty/

Its the No fun League for sure.
    Goodell is such a goof. (edited for the forums of course )

Why do they have to dull things down? Who are they huring?

Wow. RIP
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS