Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I can understand the sack dance. That's a bit I've grown tired of. It seems arrogant and childish, never liked it and the "dances" have been getting worse.

But the Mile High (military) salute? Really?

I'm seeing some serous issues here.

What about this;

If that's OK still, why? Why that and not the salute? To what extent are we going to disseminate between hand gestures? How about a modest thumbs up?

Can players still say "YIPPIE"?
    I don't know man. Although arrogant and childish, I'm personally a big fan of the sack dances. It brings a lighter side to the game. I mean come on:

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I don't know man. Although arrogant and childish, I'm personally a big fan of the sack dances. It brings a lighter side to the game. I mean come on:
    One thing that's always bothered me about the sack-dance garbage....is when a player makes a sack, his teammates rush over to congratulate and celebrate with him, but he takes off running away from everyone to do his dance. There's something about it that rubs me the wrong way. Very "Everybody look at me".

It seems arrogant and often players that are doing this should be thanking the defensive player that drove the QB out of the pocket, or otherwise were responsible for busting the play up, driving the QB literally into the arms of the guy that's standing 20 yards away from everyone doing his stupid dance moves.

It's something I see every Sunday. I'll be glad to not be seeing this childish garbage anymore.
    Rogue Colts Fan

lmao. So the nfl doesn't want sack dances anymore, yet use Clay Mathews sack dance as a commercial, that they profit from? Oh the irony.
    Here we go Broncos Here we go!

One thing that's always bothered me about the sack-dance garbage....is when a player makes a sack, his teammates rush over to congratulate and celebrate with him, but he takes off running away from everyone to do his dance. There's something about it that rubs me the wrong way. Very "Everybody look at me".

It seems arrogant and often players that are doing this should be thanking the defensive player that drove the QB out of the pocket, or otherwise were responsible for busting the play up, driving the QB literally into the arms of the guy that's standing 20 yards away from everyone doing his stupid dance moves.

It's something I see every Sunday. I'll be glad to not be seeing this childish garbage anymore.
    Goodell is that you ?

Part of the problem is we are becoming wussified(again, edited for the site)..kids get the same ribbon as 1st place for finishing last. The NFL *thinks* its saving the kiddos and teaching good sportsmanship. So, now a grown ass man cant salute after scoring a touchdown. Its quite pathetic

IS today April 1st?
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Part of the problem is we are becoming wussified(again, edited for the site)..kids get the same ribbon as 1st place for finishing last. The NFL *thinks* its saving the kiddos and teaching good sportsmanship. So, now a grown ass man cant salute after scoring a touchdown. Its quite pathetic
    hey didn't you know all 32 teams got the superbowl trophy and rings last year. Heck even fans who wanted one got one. Didnt you?

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    Goodell is that you ?
    Maybe players should get back to their side of the field and get ready for the next play, instead of standing at the 50 yardline doing the electric boogaloo?

I think this is more about stemming the trend before it gets out of hand, than it is about sportsmanship being taught to grade-schoolers. Think back when TD celebrations started going from spikes and little dances to using props like cellphones, markers and fake HoF jackets.

This isn't the WWF. If the strategy, drama, color, sound and fury of the game isn't enough of a show for you, I'm not sure this is the right sport for you.

Last edited by ruksak; 08-06-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    Rogue Colts Fan

Really can't freakin Mile High Salute?.....WOW

Does this mean Green Bay can't Lambeau Leap?

Does Goodell realize that TD started doing the Mile High Salute as a tribute to the military? His father was in the military if I'm not mistaken. Why can't our players pay homage to the military? They fight so we can play this game that Goodell makes all this money off of. I'm surprised there isn't more backlash over this

Maybe players should get back to their side of the field and get ready for the next play, instead of standing at the 50 yardline doing the electric boogaloo?

I think this is more about stemming the trend before it gets out of hand, than it is about sportsmanship being taught to grade-schoolers. Think back when TD celebrations started going from spikes and little dances to using props like cellphones, markers and fake HoF jackets.

This isn't the WWF. If the strategy, drama, color, sound and fury of the game isn't enough of a show for you, I'm not sure this is the right sport for you.

I know peyton manning's boring persona on the field is more your style but come on it's just a dance .. Loosen up.

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    I know peyton manning's boring persona on the field is more your style but come on it's just a dance .. Loosen up.
    What you call boring, I call professionalism. I watched for the better part of a decade while Manning and Harrison ripped defenses apart, absolutely embarrassing them. Their reaction was priceless professionalism and respect.

They embarrassed their opponents with skill, not silly dance numbers.

Sack dances have gone from a quick shimmy and shake to evermore increasingly elaborate productions that can only be described as pure mockery. If players didn't have to push the envelope more and more each year, such rules would never see the light of day.

The salute thing, that's a bit much imo. I don't see how that's anymore than a high five. I'd like to hear an explanation for that one in particular.
    Rogue Colts Fan

What you call boring, I call professionalism. I watched for the better part of a decade while Manning and Harrison ripped defenses apart, absolutely embarrassing them. Their reaction was priceless professionalism and respect.

Sack dances have gone from a quick shimmy and shake to evermore increasingly elaborate productions that can only be described as pure mockery. If players didn't have to push the envelope more and more each year, such rules would never see the light of day.

The salute thing, that's a bit much imo. I don't see how that's anymore than a high five. I'd like to hear an explanation for that one in particular.
    I was born in 85 but I recall seeing old footage of the Icky Shuffle and other dances. I've also heard things were even more out of hand in that era with celebrations. I agree that the props thing about 5 years ago needed to end but there's nothing wrong with dancing.

I understand that you want to see professionalism but lets not forget that this is a game. I like the quote from Sapp where he said, "I get paid a kings ransom to play a child's game." It's a game, not a law firm. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun.

I'm OK with not seeing people celebrate after they do their job just by being involved in a tackle, but if they do something significant like sack the oppossing qb or score a td what's the harm? I don't love it, but god let there be a little fun here. I forget who it was on the team a few years ago that used to celebrate after he made a tackle on an opposing rb that got a 5 yard gain on first down, that was just rediculous.

Would never see the light of day? you must not know Goodell. Sorry DT isn't up to your Harrison comparison. A lot of us happen to like the celebrations.(Unless youre losing, don't friggin celebrate when you are losing) Sure Lucks got a seat for ya back at indy.
    Here we go Broncos Here we go!