Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    How in the world is Lambeu leap grandfathered in but mile High salute is not?
    It was actually grandfathered in 2012 or maybe even 2011. there was a rule change regarding excessive TD celebrations and at that time they deemed the Leap as protected. Curiously, the Leap doesn't go back as far as one might think. First done in 1993 by a GB defensive back (name is escaping me) and popularized by Robert Brooks.

That's only what, 5 years or so before Terrell started the Salute?

Toward sack dances; What constitutes a dance, exactly? Do the feet have to be involved? Can a guy still pump his fists, just as long as he doesn't shake a leg?

I'm glad to see the over-the-top dance numbers end. But certainly there must be some specificity as to what a dance is deemed to be?
    Rogue Colts Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    That escalated quickly. Pretty sure people here know the difference between a little fun and ridiculous.
    Well.....we can't agree so I'd say you're wrong.

I've asked a few times now, where is the line regarding celebrations (open question for everyone)? There must be a line or we'd see a performance of Peter Griffon's "Shipoopi" every game.
    Rogue Colts Fan

lmao we went from sack dances to a pyrotechnic show? My how like to exaggerate. You can tell the age of some people on this board.
    Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Don't care aboout celebrations but no more Mile High Salutes makes me sad
    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I can understand the sack dance. That's a bit I've grown tired of. It seems arrogant and childish, never liked it and the "dances" have been getting worse.

But the Mile High (military) salute? Really?

I'm seeing some serous issues here.

What about this;

If that's OK still, why? Why that and not the salute? To what extent are we going to disseminate between hand gestures? How about a modest thumbs up?

Can players still say "YIPPIE"?

If the offense can celibrate a TD or a good play why shouldn't the defense be able to do the same?

Sounds like they are taking all of it away.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKwab27 View Post
    lmao we went from sack dances to a pyrotechnic show? My how like to exaggerate. You can tell the age of some people on this board.
    How so? I'm only 30 and have never been that big of a fan of sack dances.

Some are ok but most are annoying. It's a team sport not an individual sport.

So you got a sack on a pass play. Woopie. You were supposed to. You don't see RBs doing a dance everytime they run the ball for 6 yards. Why? Because they were supposed to.

Mainly the ones that bother me are the sack dances when your team is getting hammered. What are you celebrating? I'm a big fan of Cam Newton and don't have a problem with his Superman celebration. But I told my buddy last year he just looked stupid doing it on Thursday night after scoring when the Panthers were losing to the Giants 31-7. I said he needs to stop doing it until he starts winning.

Back to the age thing though. I don't know how old you are but if 30 seems old to you it's not a new thought process to me. I didn't care much for players dancing when I was in high school either.

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    If the offense can celibrate a TD or a good play why shouldn't the defense be able to do the same?

I'm glad you asked.

I cannot count the number of times I've seen some defensive player make a sack, literally push his own teammates away so he can run away from everyone else, as to stand alone and then begin a rather long and elaborate dance.

On the very next play they get torched for a 65 yard TD.

I've screamed at my own team (through my TV of course) "MAYBE YOU SHOULD DANCE MORE YOU MORONS!!!!".

Make the sack, high five. Get back on your side of the field and don't break your concentration doing the electric boogaloo.

It's a break in concentration. If I'm a defensive coordinator, I'm loving this new rule.
    Last edited by ruksak; 08-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Rogue Colts Fan

Difference is that with the exception of receivers the offense usually only celebrates TD's. Like I said in my last post you don't see RB's celebrating every successful run or Qb's celebrating every 10-15 yard pass.

Some RBs get stoked after a 10-15 yard gain where they pounded through some people but its still usually toned down.

Not like Brandon Lloyd who after every catch has to run 10 yards further down field spin the ball take a knee and point first down.

But defense gets carried away. Most
    sacks ok celebrate. Especially since some guys don't get many. But I've seen guys do a 30 second sack dance on a sack that was a 1 yard loss. Big Deal. You didn't do much. And like I said most will celebrate a sack in a losing effort. Which seems dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKwab27 View Post
    I'm 41, pal.

I'm not sure I see the reason for personal remarks?

I asked people where they think the line is. To create a point of purposeful extreme to use as a marker, I suggested fireworks be that extreme point.

The idea was for people to find what they deem as acceptable between the extremes to either end.

There....was that grown up enough for you?
    Rogue Colts Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    If people band together and make a statement things change. The bigger the change being asked for the bigger the statement required.

Honestly some kind of well thought out petiton signed by tens of thosands of fans saying they willboycott products advertised during NFL game unless this is reversed would probably get some kind of reversal by the NFL...maybe not 100% but I bet the NFL would have to take notice

Making a statement in the USA is not hard. Threaten companies profit or politicians ability to get re-elected. Just most people so happy with their comfortable life they do not take the time to change things

How much personal effort or consumer sacrifice is anyone on these boards really willing to go through tosee a miller sack dance and or mile high salute?
    Great Post!

I was thinking along the same lines but you got there first. If I'm not mistaken Roger voted himself a 10 million dollar a year pay raise last year. Goodell is a Dictator, historically they don't respond to anything but violent opposition and revolution.

Given our passion for comfy lives and not really wanting to go to prison over not getting to see a sack dance, Goodell will probably continue to stick a needle in our eye for some time to come. One last salute before it's outlawed
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I'm glad you asked.

I cannot count the number of times I've seen some defensive player make a sack, literally push his own teammates away so he can run away from everyone else, as to stand alone and then begin a rather long and elaborate dance.

On the very next play they get torched for a 65 yard TD.

I've screamed at my own team (through my TV of course) "MAYBE YOU SHOULD DANCE MORE YOU MORONS!!!!".

Make the sack, high five. Get back on your side of the field and don't break your concentration doing the electric boogaloo.
    But I have also seen receivers do the same thing. Heck, I have seen Moreno do it when he scores. Separate from the other players and say look at me. Then he does that hand wave thing over his head whatever in the heck that is.

I don't disagree that some are ridiculous but come on. If the offense can celebrate so can the defense.

I think it is dumb to completely take the excitement out of the game entirely.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Whats next? No Cheering and it will be like Golf?

Man the NFL is trying very hard to destroy itself. With this stuff and removing kickoffs and stuff its destroying this game I love.

But I have also seen receivers do the same thing. Heck, I have seen Moreno do it when he scores. Separate from the other players and say look at me. Then he does that hand wave thing over his head whatever in the heck that is.

I don't disagree that some are ridiculous but come on. If the offense can celebrate so can the defense.
    Excessive celebrations are against the rules on both sides of the ball. The dynamic is different regarding a TD celebration. The action is stopped and the squad achieved their goal for the drive. It's a done deal.

Conversely, many times when defenders do this, they get a sack on 1st down for a 2 yard loss and get straight smoked on the next play.

That leads to the same guy who was just gettin' jiggy 15 seconds prior, standing there with his chin in his chest trying to figure what just happened.

I think it is dumb to completely take the excitement out of the game entirely.
    I keep hearing this sentiment and I'm glad to report I'm not within the same school of thought. I cannot fathom what entertainment/excitement you guys are getting from watching a millionaire kid dance around like he's in a nightclub?

The excitement/entertainment should be in the contest of NFL football, not in who has the most over-the-top dance moves. Your comments conjure images of the WWF and all the phony, image based entertainment value one could gleam from the quasi-erotic sport of professional wrestling.
    Last edited by ruksak; 08-06-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Rogue Colts Fan

It's the no fun League with Rodger Goodell running the show. This is so stupid on so many levels. What's next? flag football in the next 10 years. I wouldn't be surprised the way the game is heading. But taking away Lambeau Leap or Mile High Salute. Come on man...

Quote Originally Posted by svpearson View Post
    Whats next? No Cheering and it will be like Golf?

Man the NFL is trying very hard to destroy itself. With this stuff and removing kickoffs and stuff its destroying this game I love.
    Yup. Ever since Goodell become NFL commissioner of the NFL the overall game has got worse and worse over time.