Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
    Brock looked alright, given he was behind a backup OL vs a team with the best Front 7 depth in the league.

I'd say he did alright.

Backup WR's sans King are so so.

So he's in a tough situation.

Counted one sack where it was 1-2 seconds tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Well... you did bring up a comparison to he who shall not be named... who coincidentally...played for another team but I digress.

Plus, I have 0 doubt in my mind Elway will pull a full brutus in a heart beat should he find a way to improve the team if/when the time comes for brock to take over and he should not be up to par.
    Never miss an opportunity to upgrade.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Well... you did bring up a comparison to he who shall not be named... who coincidentally...played for another team but I digress.

Plus, I have 0 doubt in my mind Elway will pull a full brutus in a heart beat should he find a way to improve the team if/when the time comes for brock to take over and he should not be up to par.
    The Unmentionable QB was mentioned, but only to illustrate some double standards and dishonesty that people use to "evaluate" qbs. The same problems come from both sides of the fence. That's it, though. I know that I certainly don't want to bring up stats, pictures, and emotional feelings to directly compare the 2

And Elway could certainly go Brutus, but I suspect that this would come only after a full season or two of complete suckage. Since I, personally, don't expect much out of Brock, I'm not looking forward to our time Post-Peyton.

On a somewhat related note, I feel that Elway will truly show whether he's a good gm only after Manning leaves. Manning has been a Band-Aid for coaches and gm's during his entire career at indy, and now for Fox. He even managed to make Caldwell look half-competent

If the Manning/broncos don't win a superbowl while he's here, if Elway & co can at least keep a competitive team going after Manning leaves, I'll consider myself "won over".
    This post may or may not have been written while under the influence of alcohol, and I disclaim all responsibility for its contents, herein...

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Brock looked alright, given he was behind a backup OL vs a team with the best Front 7 depth in the league.

I'd say he did alright.

Backup WR's sans King are so so.

So he's in a tough situation.

Counted one sack where it was 1-2 seconds tops.
    Yeah, I personally want to see him start one of the upcoming games (or get some PT) just to see him with the first team.

The backup OL certainly didn't do him any favors, but he was at least able to show off his mobility and make some solid throws. Regardless, he definitely looked more comfortable than last season.

Sounds from the Locker Room
    Player reaction following Thursday's preseason opener against San Francisco.

Video
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...4-bd7c8a429e22

BTV Highlights: Broncos at 49ers
    Pregame sound and field level highlights from Denver's 10-6 win over the 49ers.

Video http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...9-adcc60e0a4dd
    Last edited by GoManning; 08-09-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Team Broncos!
    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Quote Originally Posted by Matymaddog View Post
    Not really. Maybe when scrambling but his WR's made a few plays for him despite inaccurate erratic throws on that drive
    There was not a single erratic throw on that drive.

You responded to a post I made to someone claiming he looked like a HoF. I said he had a couple of erratic throws where his receiver bailed him out. For example the last throw he threw it to the dirt when he didn't need to and his WR made a play. You then pointed out he made a "beautiful 5 yard pass" so I'm wondering what your point was.
    I'm sorry, but that throw was EXACTLY where it was supposed to be. Are you familiar with scramble drills? The WR was running back to the line, away from the defenders. If that ball isn't low and away, like it was SUPPOSED to be, Moore gets hit, ball might pop out, and POOF! turnover. Instead of much easier field goal.

I mean this with all due respect, but are you serious man?

A 5 yard throw?
    No, I think he meant the 10 yard one for a first down.