Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    Bummer, I was rooting for the guy. Could the Broncos place him on IR and reactivate him after week 8 per the new IR rule?
    We won't waste the 8 week IR for a guy who could be back by week 1 by the earliest. We only get one of those 8 week IR tags

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Bummer news on CJ. Glad its a small time hurt. What will happen with his chances of making the team? Can they put him on IR?
    He will be back by week 1-week 2 so I highly doubt they put him on IR

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Not so sure about that. The Broncos have a pretty solid cast of characters at RB,and a severe knee sprain is tantamount to torn..but not not completely torn..ligaments.

i have no doubt the team will monitor his progress carefully until they have to make a decision, but a year on IR would be a better timetable for a torn ligament, especially if anyone believes this guy might be the future at RB.

if he is out 6 weeks, he won't be back by week 2.

It's only a 6 week injury so they won't waste him by putting him on the practice squad so if its true he was elevated above lance ball already and had been getting some reps with the first team with Moreno injured he will most likely make the roster over lance ball
    While I'd be more than happy to see C.J. have that happen (he is better than Ball) do you think the Broncos risk him getting injured again over putting him on the IR for a longer full recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If the Broncos chose not to put Anderson on the IR and keep him then I'd imagine that they would bring him back week 2 but likely would not play him in a game until week 5+. There is no sense in risking a more serious injury.

Can we put him on the PUP?

@MikeKlis: Relatively good news on #Broncos RB C.J. Anderson. It's an MCL sprain, not an ACL tear. 2-4 weeks
    Anyone that believes anything Klis says maybe want to revist buying the Brooklyn bridge someone said it was for sale. He has been Woody Paige's protege and he is dumber than dirt also..
    Best DP reporter was Adam S and then up and coming Lindsay J before she was hired away.

Now they have nothing left but repeaters that feed at the press tent.

I miss the Rocky Mountain News.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    I read that he is not eligible for the PUP because he has practised and played in a game. Whether or not that is accurate is another question I have not been able to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I read that he is not eligible for the PUP because he has practised and played in a game. Whether or not that is accurate is another question I have not been able to verify.
    In order to be on regular season PUP, a player would have been on preseason/TC PUP, I think.

Looks like the options are IR, roster, PS or release.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If he is out 6 weeks, he won't make the team. If he is lucky, they will give him a practice squad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In order to be on regular season PUP, a player would have been on preseason/TC PUP, I think.

Looks like the options are IR, roster, PS or release.
    The options you presented are exactly what I suspected. I guess the real kicker/ question is We have Ball, Moreno & J.J. Two of those three are already injured. One of which was injured last year as well. I'd imagine Fox & Co. are looking for additional depth at the position as we speak. So depending on the candidates would you think that 5 RB's make the roster total or 4. Technically we had 5 last year so if that is the case would we cut the aforementioned 3 keep C.J and a new guy or cut Ball & J.J keep Moreno and the new guy and put C.J on the IR?

There is a 3rd option which would have C.J. go to the PS but I am not 100% certain he'd clear waivers. I am also not certain Fox would be comfortable with potentially loosing someone who picked up on his assignments so quickly either.

A wrong decision here could very well come back and bite us in the ass.

I dont think we have anything to worry about if Anderson goes to the PS. I doubt any team will pick up an injured player with very little carries to even judge him on. I think hes safe there and we could bring him up later.

If we have to roll with 3 rbs and Hester for a few weeks I think we do it.....guys are healthy for the most part and we should be ok as far as depth. If something were to happen we might have to bring someone in or hit the PS squad wire.
    I really hope we get to see Anderson again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    No since he has been practicing in training camp already