Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    I hope he doesn't. But it isn't the first time the exchange has been botched this year. Also, last year he did have a couple of 3 INT games. Manning doesn't seem as good under pressure, which is true for any QB. Manning is great, but this offense will turn the ball over. How much? Remains to be seen, but with last year, and the TO this year already, it could be the only potential concern of our offense. Which by the way, I think we can all agree is amazing!

I'm more concerned with when our offense has a bad day against a good team...or maybe their bad day is in the playoffs, can our defense keep us in the game?
    We scored 35 on a bad day despite two botched snaps, and missing Von, Ayers, and Woody on D.

Depends what you mean by keeping us in the game from a scoring standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    We've given up 69-70 YPG against the run and will get better when Von,Ayers, Woody return.

Wouldn't say it can't be run on but the run defense is good.

Since everyone slobbers over the Chiefs D.

They gave given up 700 yards rushing in six games, around 117 YPG, this with only three more rush attempts against compared to ours.

And Charles for only 80 yards would be a win for us.
    Good post! Some forget that solid run D is the basis of a good D. The Broncos are tough in the middle and get great run support not only from the Backers, but from the DBs, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Difference is we have a top passing game and the top rush defense...not good for a team relying on running the ball. We did put 35 points up while turning the ball over 3 times...
    The thing is, KC hasn't relied on the run until the fourth quarter so far this year. I believe we should use the power run game earlier as well as spreading it out and running, but we don't.

We have beaten teams by defense, field position, and Charles. You are saying you will "shut down" Charles (what would constitute as shutting him down? 60 yards, 70 yards?) but what about when he is catching the ball for another 50+? We've held 4 of the 6 QB's we've played to the worst game their season, so while Manning won't be stopped I would believe we can slow him down as well as anyone else. Holliday is a game breaker and has helped Denver tremendously this year, but that does you no good when you have to call for a fair catch inside your own 20 4 or 5 times.

I still think we split with Denver, each winning at home. If Alex Smith plays as bad as he did this past weekend (as much of the problem was the WRs and OL) then we very well might lose both. If he plays like he has the majority of this season, it should be two good games.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

KC has a very good defense. It is ironic that KC & Denver are the only undefeated teams left. My guess is we will beat KC in Denver & they will beat us in KC...
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    The thing is, KC hasn't relied on the run until the fourth quarter so far this year. I believe we should use the power run game earlier as well as spreading it out and running, but we don't.

We have beaten teams by defense, field position, and Charles. You are saying you will "shut down" Charles (what would constitute as shutting him down? 60 yards, 70 yards?) but what about when he is catching the ball for another 50+? We've held 4 of the 6 QB's we've played to the worst game their season, so while Manning won't be stopped I would believe we can slow him down as well as anyone else. Holliday is a game breaker and has helped Denver tremendously this year, but that does you no good when you have to call for a fair catch inside your own 20 4 or 5 times.

I still think we split with Denver, each winning at home. If Alex Smith plays as bad as he did this past weekend (as much of the problem was the WRs and OL) then we very well might lose both. If he plays like he has the majority of this season, it should be two good games.
    If we could hold Charles to around 80-90 on the ground, I'd consider that a win.

And if they wanna throw screens to him, be my guest. This defense is fast, linebackers can cover sideline to sideline.

Nacho and Moore are quick safeties.

KC will limit us, probably won't score 40+ but don't need that much to win.

KC has 12 offensive touchdowns or total, we have 31.

At the end of the day, this is a QB driven league, it will come down to Alex Smith vs 18, yep.

We've given up 69-70 YPG against the run and will get better when Von,Ayers, Woody return.

Wouldn't say it can't be run on but the run defense is good.

Since everyone slobbers over the Chiefs D.

They gave given up 700 yards rushing in six games, around 117 YPG, this with only three more rush attempts against compared to ours.

And Charles for only 80 yards would be a win for us.
    80 yards rushing has been about his average. It's the extra yards receiving that makes him so dangerous.

Also,

250 of those 700 yards have come to QB's mostly on broken plays for Vick and Pryor.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

80 yards rushing has been about his average. It's the extra yards receiving that makes him so dangerous.

Also,

250 of those 700 yards have come to QB's mostly on broken plays for Vick and Pryor.
    We faced Vick and TP too, shouldn't it go both ways?

If we could hold Charles to around 80-90 on the ground, I'd consider that a win.

And if they wanna throw screens to him, be my guest. This defense is fast, linebackers can cover sideline to sideline.

Nacho and Moore are quick safeties.

KC will limit us, probably won't score 40+ but don't need that much to win.

KC has 12 offensive touchdowns or total, we have 31.

At the end of the day, this is a QB driven league, it will come down to Alex Smith vs 18, yep.
    I know you and I disagree on this, so I'll leave it with a simple disagreement and be done.

Charles rushing for 80 yards is completely fine for KC fans, because he will get an additional 5 to 8 touches on pass plays. He runs screens and routes, I will take my chances that he is faster and a tougher player than Nacho and Moore.

It's a QB driven league until you are FORCED into 2 or 3 turnovers. I don't understand why Denver fans refuse to acknowledge that KC is causing TO's and act like they are all completely random acts.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

We faced Vick and TP too, shouldn't it go both ways?
    Your the one harping on rush defense, not me. I would never use total rushing yards like you did, if you recall any of our other conversations I never used total rushing yards. McCoy and Murray both had success against Denver until Philly was being blown out and Romo was having a career day. Charles is every bit as talented as them. Plus, he gets stronger as the game goes on as does our run blocking. MJD just had success running against Denver in the second half.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

While everyone talks about the Chiefs D vs our O.

Why not the other end of the spectrum.

Charles is good but we've limited a lot of good backs, this without Von, and past couple games without Woody and Ayers who is borderline elite vs the run.

KC's top passing options is their Charles, Bowe, Avery and McGrath/Fasano.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 10-14-2013 at 12:09 PM.

I know you and I disagree on this, so I'll leave it with a simple disagreement and be done.

Charles rushing for 80 yards is completely fine for KC fans, because he will get an additional 5 to 8 touches on pass plays. He runs screens and routes, I will take my chances that he is faster and a tougher player than Nacho and Moore.

It's a QB driven league until you are FORCED into 2 or 3 turnovers. I don't understand why Denver fans refuse to acknowledge that KC is causing TO's and act like they are all completely random acts.
    But can KC win without getting those turnovers?

I say no.

Alex Smith averages 1.2 passing touchdowns per game, how awesome.

But can KC win without getting those turnovers?

I say no.

Alex Smith averages 1.2 passing touchdowns per game, how awesome.
    Why can't we cause them? That's what I don't understand. What about Peyton Manning, Moreno, Hillman, Holliday and Ball makes them so invincible to turnovers?

^^^Get used to it.^^^

On a slightly different note, if Flowers is not healthy and playing for the games it could be a different story. Michael Cooper has been fantastic for a rookie but he is not quite physical enough at the LOS to knock off good receivers of timing routes as we saw with Moore's TD yesterday.

Going deep i have the utmost confidence in him, but knocking Decker and DT off routes? A bit more skeptical.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Why can't we cause them? That's what I don't understand. What about Peyton Manning, Moreno, Hillman, Holliday and Ball makes them so invincible to turnovers?
    Never said they can't but KC is struggling to score and without turnovers, they probably have 2-3 losses.

I never said invincible, we had one legit turnover on the Manning pick. Two botched snaps are a little fluky.

On a slightly different note, if Flowers is not healthy and playing for the games it could be a different story. Michael Cooper has been fantastic for a rookie but he is not quite physical enough at the LOS to knock off good receivers of timing routes as we saw with Moore's TD yesterday.

Going deep i have the utmost confidence in him, but knocking Decker and DT off routes? A bit more skeptical.
    I came into this thread because I saw that you posted. Wow. Long time no see! :wave:

We're going to beat the Chiefs though, I'm not worried
    Administrator